Business French Summer School - HEC Montréal:
Conveniently situated close to downtown, HEC Montréal School of Management is ranked among the top university business schools worldwide. We provide a four-week Business French Summer School that will help you reach your language and professional goals.
4-Week Business French Immersion Program - for Beginner to Advanced Levels:
HEC Montréal is the only graduate school of management in North America to offer a Business French Summer School. Geared towards not only students but also professionals, this unique immersion program comprises the following aspects:
- Morning: Intensive courses in Business French focusing on the 4 key skills: writing, reading, listening and speaking
- Afternoon: Interactive oral communication workshops, focusing on competencies and themes in connection with the business world
- Short seminars / conferences in Marketing and Management on the theme of creativity: Establishing and managing small and medium-sized companies; Urban Marketing; Managing cultural organizations.
- Company visits to prominent Montreal small and medium-sized companies: Bombardier; Radio-Canada Broadcasting Corporation; Cirque du Soleil; Moment Factory multimedia studio (conference)
- Numerous sports / sociocultural activities (afternoons, evenings, weekends), conducted in French by our dynamic team of French-speaking guides
- No prior knowledge in Business (work or studies) required
- On-campus lodging option
Every student will take a placement tests (oral and written) on Day 1 of the program to ensure that they are placed in the class that best suits their needs. Class sizes are kept small - between 10-16 students on average. Students must be aged 18 or over, except for students admitted in a graduating program of study at HEC Montréal.
French for Business taught at 4 levels:
- Business French – Level 1: This course is designed to help you to acquire a basic knowledge of the French language to help you to further your studies and reach your professional goals. You will learn a rudimentary vocabulary and everyday expressions that will allow you to understand basic information and simple and short documents.
- Business French – Level 2: This course aims to help you to acquire a slightly more advanced knowledge of the French language to help you to reach your professional goals. On completion, you will be able to communicate orally on everyday topics and understand documents written in French.
- Business French – Level 3: This course aims to help you to acquire a good command of the French language to ensure the quality and effectiveness of written and oral communication in French relevant to university studies and the workplace. Your vocabulary will be enriched, notably in key areas related to business, management, accounting etc.. You will be able to write short administrative documents and will be able to understand university and work-related documents.
- Business French – Level 4: This course aims to help you to acquire a very good command of the French language to ensure the quality and effectiveness of written and oral communication in French relevant to university studies and the workplace. On completion, you will be able to communicate orally with proficiency, write fairly complex texts, and understand ideas presented in long and complex written documents.
A course certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the program. This is worth 3 credits* or equivalent to ± 7 ECTS (European Credit Transfer System).
*Credits obtained through HEC Montréal for students officially registered in a full-time study program at HEC Montréal. For all the other participants, the transfer of credits will be subject to approbation of their university of origin if they still hold a student status.
"I really loved this program because I’ve met people from around the world, which has been great to expand my own social network. This program is also an ideal opportunity to get to know the culture of Quebec and that of Montreal in particular."
- Lena Hillert, Erasmus University, The Netherlands
“Thank you for one of the best summers I’ve ever had. I couldn’t have asked for a better course or city to be in. I really did love every minute of it and I miss Montreal a lot. I learnt so much whilst I was there and made so many friends and memories. It really is something which has made a big impact on my life and I have told my university just how highly I rated this summer school.”
- Rebecca Thomas, University of Hull, UK
|Address: 3000, chemin de la Côte-Sainte-Catherine, Montreal, Quebec H3T 2A7, Canada|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2021 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.