International orchestral & choral conducting summer school in UK: Orchestra conducting camp 2019. Choral conducting summer music & singing courses in London area, England in Hampshire for talented teenagers/ high school students, young classical musicians. Summer conducting workshop, campamento de verano de dirección de orquesta para jóvenes.
The Ingenium Academy International Summer School for Music: Calling young, talented musical conductors! The summer conducting programme at Ingenium Academy in the UK provides a unique opportunity for teenage conductors aged 14-18 from around the world to experience expert tuition and hands-on experience. This residential summer music camp takes place in the beautiful and historic city of Winchester, just one hour south-west of London. The conducting programme is offered as two separate weeks - the first week is designed for students with a modest amount of experience, while the second is for more advanced students with a considerable amount of experience. Students may attend the two weeks consecutively.
Email:Contact us below
Summer Conducting Programme:
• This comprehensive programme comprises all of the essential performance and rehearsal aspects for young conductors. They will receive daily individual and group tuition.
• Throughout the week, students will have the chance to spend time both observing and contributing to rehearsals with the Ingenium Academy orchestra/choir.
• In addition to working with smaller chamber ensembles, they will also have the opportunity to conduct part of a live rehearsal.
Topics covered include:
• Baton technique
• Controlling, shaping and phrasing
• Musical analysis and history
• Rehearsal experience
• Rehearsal technique
• Score reading and preparation
During the summer programme, conducting students will have the rare opportunity to attend "question and answer" sessions with professional orchestral players, to learn from their perspective about the best forms of direction and communication for each instrument group.
“I think that the Ingenium Academy has helped her grow not only as a musician, but also as a young adult and as a citizen of a global community.”
• Nhaila, Parent, USA