Canadian College Italy:
Canadian College Italy (CCI) is Canada's only co-educational, boarding college in Italy that provides grades 10-12 (high school graduation) in the English language. Conveniently located just two hours east of Rome in Lanciano, in the Central Italy region, CCI unites the advantages of a Canadian university preparatory education with the sophistication of private schools in Europe.
• Canadian College Italy has become a unique source of highest quality English language education, preparing students for university entrance in the USA, UK, Canada and Europe.
• Graduates from CCI have earned acceptances and scholarships to major universities worldwide such as Queen's, McGill, Toronto, Victoria, Dalhousie, Alberta, Illinois, Southern California, Columbia, Dartmouth, Bond (Australia), among others.
• Canadian College Italy operates under the supervision of the Ontario Ministry of Education in Canada. In addition to regular ministry standards, we ensure that 80% of our teaching staff must be from Ontario in maintaining the standards set out by the chosen curriculum.
• In addition, we are members of the Council of International Schools (CIS) and the European Council of International Schools (ECIS).
English Language High School Programs in Italy (Grades 10-12)
- Full academic year programs: Subjects include Mathematics; Computers; Classical Civilization; Chemistry; Physics; Biology; Social Science; English; Art; Drama; Languages (Italian & French)
- Single semester programs for Canadian & international students
All courses are taught in English, except for Italian and French languages.
• Alongside their high-quality, accredited education abroad, students directly experience antiquity, the middle ages, the Renaissance and modern Italy, both formally, through regular organized trips with the school, and informally, through daily life in a modern town sensitively aware and conserving of its more than 3,000-year history.
• New students learn introductory Italian which helps them to better enjoy life in an authentic and friendly Italian town.
• Classroom and book learning, upon which the school places the highest value, is dramatically enhanced when students are learning in the very places where the events being studied happened.
• Through the many supervised regular trips which signify the importance of travel as a formal part of CCI education, students walk in the same streets, fields, and buildings as the pre-Etruscans; Pompeiians and Romans; emperors and popes; Raphael and Michelangelo.
The Canadian College selects its professional teaching staff, who all possess the required teacher's qualifications, for strength of commitment to, and interest and previous training in, their subject areas.
They are chosen also for strong teaching capability, devotion to students' needs and interests both in and outside of school hours, and their willingness to assist and lead the extracurricular life of the school.
The overall teacher-to-student ratio of one-to-twelve ensures extensive individual attention is available for every student.
Lanciano is a small, medieval-yet-modern town of 40,000 inhabitants, beautifully situated close to the coast of the Adriatic Sea, in the province of Chieti, part of the Abruzzo region of southern Italy.
Located about 15 minutes' drive to the sand or stone beaches of the Adriatic Sea and about a two hour drive from Rome. Lanciano has excellent train and bus service to all of Italy and Europe.
It is a well-serviced town nestled between the ocean and the Apennine Mountains and provides a safe friendly, and charming environment for students to live and learn in.
Day Trips & Overnight Trips:
Students experience supervised day-trips to Rome and historic hill towns such as Chieti, L'Aquila and Celano.
Each CCI semester features two major overnight trips (supervised). First is Florence, the greatest Renaissance museum and art city of Italy. CCI students also visit Naples, Pompeii and Venice.
• "The best decision I have ever made was coming to CCI. It was an experience that changed my life forever, because of the things I learned, the friendships I made, and the memories that I will keep for the rest of my life. Without a doubt it was the best semester of my life. I hope we see each other soon!"
• “I compare my boarding school experience to that of my peers at high school in Ontario, and find few similarities. Although we all completed four years of Ontario curriculum, I know that my education here at CCI has been largely outside the classroom. I discovered an interest in classics, for example, not because of a video we watched in classical civilizations class, but by visiting the ancient ruins of Rome.
I learned to speak a new language not only by reading from a grammar textbook, but by conversing with the Italian locals. At some point, I learned to accept myself for who I am, as I was accepted by others from around the world, becoming a member of the CCI family."
• “I have had the great fortune to make wonderful friendships; I have experienced so many unforgettable adventures with my friends that have left an undeletable mark in my heart. Living with students that come from different parts of the planet and who bring with them stories of such diversity is simply priceless.
This school has taught me many things; how to be independent and to live away from home. Before coming to CCI, I was totally a different person, only now do I realize how much I have changed.”
- Courses / Programs
|Address: via Cavour 13, Lanciano, Italy|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.