Rathdown School for Girls:
Rathdown School is a private day and boarding girls' school located on Upper Glenageary Road in Glenageary, just south of Dun Laoghaire in Dublin. We consist of a Junior School for girls ages 3-12 years and a Senior School for girls ages 12-18 years. A pupil’s name may be entered for the school at any time, although early application is advised. Our academic achievements are outstanding by any measure and the vast majority of our pupils continue to 3rd level education in Ireland and abroad. In Rathdown, pupils are encouraged and nurtured to achieve their individual potential in all aspects of their lives; academic, sporting, artistic and spiritual.
- Small class sizes, starting at pre-school age (3 years) up to P6 (12 years).
- A challenging and child-centred learning environment which meets the needs of every student.
- Fully qualified teachers, with specialist teachers in ICT, Music, PE, French and Sports.
- Set on 16 acres, Rathdown has wonderful facilities for sports which include a gym, all weather playing surfaces, tennis courts and an athletics field.
- A wide range of extra curricular activities which include: Speech and Drama, Tennis, Ballet, Irish Dancing, Club Gaeilge, Gym Club and RC Doctrine.
- A team of highly qualified Music teachers provide piano, violin, singing, recorder, and wind lessons in our very well known Rathdown Music School. Students also enjoy being a part of our Junior School Orchestra.
- We provide a challenging and child-centred learning environment which meets the needs of every student.
Our Junior School provides -Junior Infants Curriculum - Senior Infants Curriculum - P1 Curriculum - P2 Curriculum - P3 Curriculum - P4 Curriculum - P5 Curriculum - P6 Curriculum
This is where the Rathdown journey begins. The aim of the pre-school is to have fun learning and be happy.
With an experienced teacher, a very special atmosphere prevails in the classroom and results in a community of self-sufficient, curious and happy children who eagerly participate in all class and school activities.
The colourful classroom includes an interactive whiteboard, a double paint easel, a Reading Corner and lots of child-friendly materials for the students to work with.
The programme encourages individual and social development, helping each child achieve her full potential.
- Mind Lab Programme:
The Junior School has introduced a new programme into the school. Rathdown is the first school in Ireland to have this programme. This is an exciting new initiative for the school and will be taught to all classes every week.
All of our staff members are fully trained Mind Lab teachers. The Mind Lab programme puts the child at the centre of all learning activities and engages them where they are most receptive and enthusiastic - through games.
By playing board games, the students learn new thinking skills, social skills and emotional intelligence skills.
- The Extended Day Programme
This takes place daily (Mon – Fri) until 6.15p.m. all year round, excluding Bank and National Holidays. Hourly, weekly, monthly and yearly rates available.
This is a secondary school for ages 12-18 years offering Junior Certificate and Leaving Certificate Programmes.
- Rathdown Senior School has a 45 period week timetable with 9 periods per day.
- Each year group is divided into 3 form groups. However, all option groups have at least four subjects and at Junior Cycle from first year onward English and Mathematics are set in four or more divisions, as required.
- As in all recognised secondary schools, with the exception of the Transition Year, the subject curriculum is set by the Department of Education and Science.
- Transition Year is a one-year programme which provides a bridge enabling students to make the transition to Senior Cycle more successfully. This year offers a different agenda to the other five examination-driven years of secondary school.
- An educational school trip is planned in most years and is open to students across the Senior School.
- Boarding School (for girls ages 12-18 years):
We provide five day and seven day boarding for girls (Irish and international students).
- Camp Rathdown:
This is a uniquely designed programme of recreation, adventure and creativity suitable for girls and boys ages 3-12 of all abilities.
Camp Rathdown will take place during the mid-term, Christmas, Easter and Summer breaks.
It will provide your child with a chance to develop character, learn new skills, make new friends and discover new interests.
- Additional Activities:
We also provide an extensive range of pastoral, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities which allows our girls to develop as whole people.
|Address: Upper Glenageary Road, Co. Dublin, Dublin, Ireland|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2021 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.