Private schools in Ireland: Independent schools in Dublin City, Cork, Galway, the West of Ireland. International schools, top boarding schools in South Dublin County offering primary school and secondary school education for girls and boys, co-ed (mixed) classes..
Founded in 1973, Rathdown School is a private day and boarding girls' school located on Upper Glenageary Road in Glenageary, just south of Dun Laoghaire in Dublin.
We consist of a Junior School for girls ages 3-12 years and a Senior School for girls ages 12-18 years. A pupil’s name may be entered for the school at any time, although early application is advised.
Rathdown currently has around 600 girls enrolled - 400 in the Senior School and 200 in the Junior School. Class sizes rarely exceed 25, so it is possible to give individual attention and to develop the special abilities and interests of each student. We believe that each student is unique and should be valued for herself.
The school enjoys a superb location and setting, overlooking the sea and with inland views of the Wicklow mountains.
Our academic achievements are outstanding by any measure and the vast majority of our pupils continue to 3rd level education in Ireland and abroad. Rathdown was built on the proud traditions of four original schools: The Hall School, Hillcourt School, Park House School and Glengara Park School.
Parent Testimonial: "She has enjoyed herself immensely and at the same time progressed academically. It has been a great experience. It has been great at all levels."
- Ruth Cosgrove (Second Year Parent) – Ireland / Spain
Recognised by the Irish Department of Education, The Irish College of English (ICE) is a high-quality English language school in Dublin, Ireland. Each year, our International Youth Summer School offers a range of summer English courses for children and teenagers from around the world. Our summer programs are designed for students aged between 12-17 and take place in June, July and August. Student start dates are flexible and courses are based on 2, 3 or 4 week stays.
ICE has two locations in Dublin: Malahide is a beautiful coastal town in North Dublin and Swords is a large and lively suburb on the North Side of the city. Both of our centres are located in friendly, residential areas that are close to both the airport and the city centre. Students stay with carefully-selected host families within easy reach of the school.
Our English summer camps attract young students from all over the world and it is a great opportunity for students to improve their English and grow to love the language by living it. They will attend English classes in the mornings and participate in afternoon activities. We also offer English & Sports camps and Intensive English camps.
English summer courses for 12-17 year olds - 2, 3 or 4 week stays:
- Classic Summer English Program (15 hours English tuition plus activities)
- Intensive Summer English Programs (24 hours English tuition plus activities)
- English & Sailing (15 hours English tuition, 12 hours Sailing, 2 cultural trips per week)
- English & Golf (15 hours English tuition, 12 hours Golf, 2 cultural trips per week)
- English & Horse-riding (15 hours English tuition, 12 Horseriding, 2 cultural trips per week)
Located in the heart of Dublin City Centre, Your English Language School provides a wide range of Summer English courses for teenagers. Our beginner to advanced level programs focus on encouraging natural verbal communication in English.
We aim to keep student motivation high by making the classes as enjoyable as possible. Students work on projects, play games and act at the same time as learning complex grammar, expanding their vocabulary and building up their confidence in English.
In the afternoons we provide a range of exciting activities and trips such as hiking in the mountains, team sports and swimming sessions as well as city tours, cycling trips, workshops, games and quizzes. All activities are run and closely supervised by our team of experienced teachers and instructors.
• English Language immersion course for students aged 12 to 17 in County Sligo in the beautiful West of Ireland!
• The programme consists of 3 hours of English tuition each morning. Afternoons are filled with a choice of fun activities including Kayaking, Horse-Riding, Cookery Lessons, Irish Dancing and Zip-Lines in the local forest park!
• Our course is also attended by Irish teenagers who act as Student Guides for our international students. The Irish teenagers attend activities and live with the students in our lakeside accommodation to ensure they have an enjoyable language learning holiday.
• Evenings are spent relaxing and include English movie nights, Quizzes, Board games, table tennis competitions etc.
• English Language Camp Ireland takes place on Lough Arrow in the west of Ireland. The residential accommodation is located on the shores of one of Ireland's most beautiful lakes.
• Our unique weekend excursion takes students to a remote island on the lake where our students along with Irish teenagers, teachers and activity leaders camp overnight.
During the summer months Learning-Experiences-Ireland offers a unique Study English and Music in Ireland - Homestay Programme for young people including beginner language learners. The two week programme is open to young people of all ages and has been designed by professional cellist, composer and educator, Adele O'Dwyer. Ms. O'Dwyer has 25 years of teaching experience and is a TESOL certified language teacher.
The Study English and Music in Ireland - Homestay Programme offers a unique combination of language and music learning in a beautiful Irish countryside setting. The programme is designed to be intimate in nature as a maximum of 4 young people are accepted for each two-week session. The programme incorporates language building activities through daily classes in English as well as participation in musical, recreational and home-based activities.
Spratton Hall is an independent co-educational Pre-Prep and Prep School in Northamptonshire in the East Midlands, UK. We teach more than 400 pupils aged between 4 and 13 who travel from Leicstershire as well as Northamptonshire to attend Spratton Hall. With our main building located in a Georgian manor house on 50 beautiful acres of countryside, Spratton Hall is approximately 7 miles north of the town of Northampton.
Spratton Hall provides an excellent education to its pupils. Led by the Head Master, Mr Stephen Player, and the exceptionally well-qualified teaching team, the pupils leave Spratton Hall at the end of Year 8 with an outstanding all round education and skills that will support them throughout their lives. Spratton Hall feeds into the top private schools in the area such as Oundle, Oakham, Uppingham and Rugby. The latest inspection report by the ISI voted Spratton Hall as excellent and outstanding in all areas.
Horizon Adventure & Education Centres Ireland was established when leading figures with unrivalled experience in outdoor education and adventure came together to produce exciting and challenging day and summer camp programmes for children and teenagers featuring a highly-imaginative combination of educational content and adventure. We also provide an unprecedented range of programmes for Irish school groups, and schools and parents can be assured that Horizon is a reliable, committed, environmentally friendly organisation which is motivated to appeal to children - and make them want to return for more.
We offer a range of summer camp and day activities at our three centres, at Horizon's Camp Rockwell on the main Dublin-Cork road near Cashel, Co. Tipperary, at Wesport Adventure Centre in Westport, Co. Mayo on the West Coast and at Wilson's School, on the N4, in the Midlland´s Lake District, near Mullingar, Co. Westmeath, just 48 miles from Dublin. Whether you choose a day camp or summer camp for your child, it will be a journey of discovery and self-awareness, that allows them to get the most out of their time with us while making new friends. We guarantee memorable holidays.
- Summer Camps including
* Surf´s Up
* Adventure Extreme
* Wet and Wild
* Motor Sports
* Star Factor
* Pony Camp
* Learn French and Spanish
* Learn English
* Football Academy
* Tennis Academy
* Golf Academy
- Day Camps
* Funtime for 5 - 6 year olds
* Activity Zone for 7 - 8 year olds
* Action Adventure for 9 -12 year olds
* Teen Scene for 13 -17 year olds
- We also offer
* School Tours
* Personal Development and Adventure for Transition Year
* Educational Activity Courses