The Ingenium Academy International Summer School for Music:
Are you a talented young musician aged between 14 and 18 years of age? Are you searching for a fun and exciting summer music camp in the UK? The Ingenium Academy International Music Summer School offers 1, 2 and 3-week residential programmes in the beautiful and historic city of Winchester (one hour south west of London) in the south of England for talented teenage musicians and singers from around the world.
Email: Contact us below
Orchestral Programme for Talented Musicians:
• This programme is for 14-18 year old musicians who will form orchestral and chamber ensembles.
• Under the direction of some of the UK's top conductors and leaders, the course will see the our orchestral and chamber ensembles take on various challenging programmes of music from a wide range of composers.
• Each day, students will warm up as a whole school before rehearsing with the orchestra, playing an exciting and varied repertoire covering several genres.
• We ensure that students gain a deep understanding of these musical styles through the guidance of our specialized sectional tutors.
• Students will undertake masterclasses and learn about the life of a professional musician.
• Students will have several opportunities to perform in both informal and formal recitals, weekly concerts, and masterclasses.
• They will also have the opportunity to perform a concerto with an outstanding professional.
Musical & Vocal Workshops:
• Each week, students in all programmes have the opportunity to take part in a wide variety of vocal and musical workshops which are designed to broaden their knowledge through new and challenging experiences.
• Workshops are led by internationally renowned experts in classical, jazz, classical, opera, gospel and pop.
African drumming and body percussion; Beatboxing and a cappella; Big Band; Chamber and small ensemble playing; Composition and arranging; Folk music; Life in the industry; Musical awareness; Music technology; Performance skills and interpretation; Ear training and harmonising; Jazz singing, improvisation and performance; Musical theatre; Music theory, composition and arranging; Vocal technique and health; Gospel choir...
"I just wanted to say thank you because you have really made my summer unforgettable and hopefully I'll see you again next year!"
• Claudia, Flute Student, UK and Canada