The English Language Institute at Notre Dame of Maryland University:
The English Language Institute at Notre Dame of Maryland University provides quality summer English language immersion programs as well as intensive 8-week sessions year-round to non-native English speaking adults and college-age students from around the world. Located in a residential neighborhood 15 minutes north of Downtown Baltimore MD (on the beautiful East Coast of the United States), many of our English language students move on to undergraduate studies, graduate studies and careers. In each session, there are 20-25 different countries represented, and this diversity makes English proficiency a necessity and motivates study & language acquisition.
Established by the School Sisters of Notre Dame, Notre Dame of Maryland University has provided visionary and pragmatic educational programs since 1895.
Located on a beautiful, 58-acre wooded campus in a residential neighborhood of Baltimore City (the largest city in Maryland), Notre Dame has almost 3,000 students enrolled in our degree and certificate programs.
Mission of English Language Institute:
The ELI's mission is to give expression to the ideals of Notre Dame and the School Sisters of Notre Dame through an ethic of care and respect for each person, excellence in programming, and a variety of cross-cultural experiences that foster global community.
We strive to ensure that all students of the ELI achieve their optimal potential in improving their English language skills for academic and career advancement.
• Levels: High Beginner to Advanced Levels
Full-time students take class for 20 hours a week, and also work with their classmates on projects outside of class, and in the community.
Part-time English students have a variety of class options to fit their busy schedule.
Modules / Course Units include:
• Listening & Speaking
• Writing & Grammar
• Reading & Discussion
Further English Courses:
• TOEFL Test Preparation
• "I spent 6 months in the ELI and it was a really good experience. I got to know wonderful people from all over the world which I still have contact with. The program is very well built to learn and/or improve your English, the classes are interesting and the staff really helps you to reach your goal - whatever it is."
• "This university gave me an opportunity in life. They not only taught me the knowledge of English, but they encouraged me how to be good mannered and learned about american culture. Classes and activities were very interesting which I was always happy to join."
• "After learning English at ELI, I have made big progress in English listening, speaking, reading and writing. My TOEFL score progressed from 490 to 567. The teachers here are very nice."
• "Buenos días. Llevo siete meses estudiando un programa de Inglés en Notre Dame of Maryland University, y puedo decir sólo cosas buenas. Los profesores son muy buenos educadores, y las clases en general, son muy dinámicas. Recomiendo esta Universidad 100% si estás interesado en mejorar tu inglés. Un saludo."
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 4701 North Charles Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21210, USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2017 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.