Summer Camps in USA for adults: Summer programs in California, Texas, New York, Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia. Summer English schools & language immersion courses in USA 2022, campamentos de verano en EEUU para adultos, cursos de inglés verano en Hawaii..
• Kaplan International offer summer English courses for adults in the USA. Our English schools are located in New York City; Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, Santa Barbara and Huntington Beach, California; Miami, Florida; Boston area, Massachusetts; Seattle area, Washington; Portland, Oregon; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Chicago, Illinois; and Washington DC.
• All of our ESL schools in the USA offer Vacation English courses. Vacation English is our least intensive course option, helping you to improve your English language skills but leaving you with plenty of free time for sightseeing and leisure activities.
• Students take 20 General English classes per week. The course is designed for students over the age of 16 with elementary to advanced levels of English. Courses last from 2 - 52 weeks and begin every Monday.
• In addition to our Vacation English programs, we offer summer and year-round courses in General English, Intensive English, TOEFL and Academic English, Business English and GRE & GMAT exam preparation for international students.
2.The English Language Institute at Notre Dame of Maryland University
Courses / Programs
Study English at a top U.S. university this summer!
• Based just 15 minutes north of Downtown Baltimore (on the East Coast of the United States),the English Language Institute at Notre Dame of Maryland University provides an 8-week English language immersion summer camp for non-native English speaking adults and college-age students. We also offer our 8-week intensive English programs year-round as well as a TOEFL Test Preparation course.
• Full-time students study in class for 20 hours a week, and also work with classmates on projects outside of class and in the community. Part-time students have a variety of class options to fit their schedule.
• The English Language Institute summer program is an excellent course for international students from around the world who wish to improve their English language skills for academic and career advancement. We offer a wide range of modern facilities for our English students on our university campus.
Student Reviews: "The program is very well built to learn and/or improve your English, the classes are interesting and the staff really helps you to reach your goal - whatever it is." - Mark, Switzerland
"After learning English at the ELI, I have made big progress in English listening, speaking, reading and writing. My TOEFL score progressed from 490 to 567. The teachers here are very nice." - Yaoping, China
• Learn English in New York this summer with New York Language Center (NYLC) - a leading English language school. We have two conveniently-located campuses in Manhattan - on the Upper West Side and in Midtown Manhattan.
• NYLC provides a range of full-time and part-time English language courses in summer and year-round. We teach students from around the world with all levels of English - beginner, intermediate, and advanced.
• In our dynamic and fun environment, you will benefit from superior language education as well as a rich cultural experience in one of the most famous cities in the world.
• Year-round and summer English courses are also available in our English schools in The Bronx, and in Jackson Heights in Queens.
• We also offer TOEFL exam preparation courses and Business English classes that are designed to fit your individual needs. You may study with us for as little as one week.
• Our prices are very affordable and all of our teachers are dedicated ESL teaching professionals.
• NYLC is authorized by the U.S. Department of Immigration to enroll non-immigrant foreign students. F1 visa / I-20 students are accepted at NYLC in any Intensive Language Program of English.
Student Testimonial: "I spent only 3 weeks in NYC and i really fell in love with the city. My experience at NYLC was special too: a lot of people from all over the world, professional teachers, friendly advice, funny and interesting class experiences.All of you guys will stay in my heart!"
- Maria, Italy
Located in Stamford CT (just one hour north of NYC), The Mayapple Center provides 5-day summer programs in the fields of creative writing, music, visual arts, humanities, and theatre. Taught by experienced faculty who are leading specialists in their respective fields, our summer arts programs are open to adults with two years of college experience.
In addition, we offer cultural literacy weekend programs for youth, 30-day artist residencies, humanities forums, humanitarian retreats, and study abroad programs.
Mayapple creates space to cultivate imagination through artistic and intellectual cross-pollination in a distinctly 21st century climate. We create an atmosphere where artists and scholars of exceptional stature come to teach and collaborate with small groups of dedicated, like-minded participants. Our diverse programs are offered in a retreat environment where the distractions of quotidian life are suspended, freeing participants and faculty to pursue artistic and intellectual passions.
The Center is located on a 10 acre campus whose serene lake and peaceful landscape of trees and gardens serve to inspire its residents. Activities such as swimming, tennis, canoeing, yoga and meditation promote a strong sense of community among residents, with an emphasis on mindfulness.
The center’s holistic approach is demonstrated by our dedication to sustainability. Meals are partially prepared from organic produce from Mayapple gardens, and we serve locally-sourced food at every meal.
Using the Tools of Creative Writing, Memoir, Art, Photography, Storytelling and Mindfulness.
We teach from the point of view that people are by nature creative and that creativity, like DNA, is unique to each individual. We believe that in the right atmosphere and with the right tools anyone can tap into the creative stream that runs through us all.
To help you access and develop your creativity, we have developed a progression of exercises and techniques that explore sense perceptions, free-form writing and drawing, associative thinking, mapmaking, constructive daydreaming, memory, collage, and photography.
The only requirements for attending our workshops are curiosity and a desire to explore the creative spirit inherent to us all.
Florence: March 10-14
Lisbon: March 20-24
New York: April 27-30
New York: May 31-June 3
Verona: June 11-15
Crete: June 20-24
Barcelona: June 30-Jul 4
Prague: July 9-13
New York: July 27-30
New York: October 5-8
Broadreach College, the college division of Broadreach, offers accredited summer courses abroad for college students in the Caribbean, Latin America, South Africa & many more locations. Located in Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina and backed by nineteen years of experience in running educational programs for thousands of young adults, Broadreach College combines the finest elements of experiential learning, traditional classroom learning and service learning with international travel and cultural exchange to provide extraordinary expeditions and study abroad opportunities. Our most popular programs include ecology and conservation, marine sciences, language and culture programs, wilderness and outdoor leadership.
Students begin each course with an orientation to the host country and culture as well as an introduction to other members of the group. This orientation typically lasts a couple of days and often includes an adventure activity unique to that particular location. After program orientation, students immerse themselves in the academic topic. Students will explore unique environments and cultures while studying exciting areas & learning critical know-how and skills.
7.Penobscot Language School - Adult Summer English Immersion Program, Maine
Courses / Programs
Penobscot Language School in Rockland, Maine, is a unique non-profit center for language learning and international exchange offering summer English courses for adults. Each July and August we invite English language students from around the world to spend three weeks speaking English and exploring life in our small friendly community here on the beautiful Maine coast.
If you appreciate the value of a true English immersion, we would love to have you join us. The key to our success is the pleasure and excitement of meeting and learning from each other. This motivates an intense conversation in which you learn English through listening and active participation.
The goal of the Summer English Program for adults is maximum English acquisition. Three hours of class each weekday, 24/7 conversational immersion, speakers, individual tutorials, outdoor activities, meals and homestay are all pieces of this full immersion. Our courses are designed for international adults who have basic English skills and a serious interest in building confidence and fluency.
PAST is a non-profit educational and research team that puts together partnerships on compelling projects in Anthropology and makes the work available to students and the public through field schools, documentary film and interactive web access. Based in Columbus, Ohio, PAST started as a non-profit organization in 2000 founded by an international Board of Trustees who have devoted volumes of time to seeing that the mission of PAST is achievable.
Working with the Board of Trustees are professionals from around the world. Added to our trustees and volunteer staff are a handful of research associates – the everyday archaeologists and research scientists who join with PAST to take their work to the public. Founded to promote partnerships between anthropologists and educators, PAST successfully initiated and implemented projects throughout the United States.
Summer School Programs with Field Study covering topics such as Cultural Landscapes; Cave Ecology; Urban Gardening & Distribution; Shipwrecks and Maritime Archaeology; Marine Ecosystems; Forensic Anthropology.
Headquartered in Miami, Florida, Casimiro Global Foundation (CGF) is a non-profit organization that empowers and equips young people to become entrepreneurs, innovators and leaders who create positive change in their communities and the world. We provide a range of entrepreneurial & leadership summer programs for teens and young adults from around the globe.
Courses include a 1-week intensive entrepreneur program, a young womens leadership course, and an internship course that provides short term, unpaid internships in socially responsible organizations and homestays in the USA. Each of these programs offers a mix of inter-cultural exchange, English language practice for those who need it, challenging and fun personal and career development learning experiences, and tourism and recreational activities.
CGF is comprised of community leaders, educators, entrepreneurs, corporate executives, students and young professionals who serve as the Foundation's Board of Directors, staff, interns and volunteers.
• Immerse yourself this spring or summer in the exciting world of candle making, encaustic art, and wax painting with an intensive course in Jamaica (new location information to follow. Contact us for details of accommodation).
• The Candle Academy offers summer and year-round courses taught by Gary Simmons - one of the world's top candle designers and encaustic art specialists.
• The Candle Academy is a leading candle making school for U.S. & global students. Its qualifications in the candle business offer you the creative, technical and commercial skills you need to profit from this profession.
• In addition to our on-site programs, students may also study via distance learning, with candle making courses taught Live via Skype and email correspondence.
"Lessons are step by step and easy to learn. Fantastic inspiration to get motivated in the art of candle making."
- Alexandra, France
"Even being an existing candlemaker for many years, I was very inspired."
- Mel, Australia