International TEFL Academy:
International TEFL Academy, based in Chicago, Illinois, offers internationally accredited and recognized TEFL / TESOL certification courses in over 25 countries worldwide including the USA, Canada, Spain, Italy, Brazil among many others. In addition to our full-time campus-based TEFL / TESOL programs, we offer a professional-level, highly-interactive 170 hour online TEFL certification program which takes approximately eleven (11) weeks to complete. We also offer a 30-hour online Business Professional & Young Learner teaching module open to students from around the world.
• Our online TEFL certificate course is accredited by TQUK (Training Qualifications UK), an awarding organization recognized and regulated by Ofqual - one of the leading accrediting bodies in the UK.
• It is a QCF (Qualifications and Credit Framework) Level 5 course which is the highest level of accreditation for TEFL certification, and is the equivalent of a CELTA course.
• Our onsite courses, operated in cooperation with our international affiliates and partners, are internationally accredited by a variety of leading academic bodies, including the College of Teachers. As a U.S.-based institute, we are also held to U.S. educational, ethical and professional standards.
• From day one, students will be fully engaged in discourse not only with your professor, but also with all of the other students in the course.
• This interaction will remain constant throughout the duration of the course, and the instructor will offer you feedback on assignments and is always available to answer questions.
• Through a series of assignments, readings, quizzes, tests, essays, and a final thematic unit, students will develop all the skills necessary to be a confident, well-resourced, professional teacher, whatever your background.
Online Virtual Classroom:
• The International TEFL Academy online course is conducted in a virtual online learning environment, hosted by Moodle.com, one of the worldwide leaders of online distance learning.
• There is no software to download, and as long as you have an Internet connection, your entire course content is accessible.
• The course itself is very user friendly and easy to navigate. Students do not need to be a computer expert to take the course; they just need a very basic knowledge of web browsing.
• The online TEFL / TESOL certificate course is designed for students who want to Teach English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) internationally in a professional environment.
• It is a fully interactive course with 20 students, taught by a seasoned university level professor. The online TEFL course consists of 150 class hours and 20 hours of teaching practice which can typically be arranged in your community in venues such as language schools, community centers or libraries.
• An additional 30-Hour Business Professional & Young Learner module is available as an optional add-on to the main course for total TEFL / TESOL certification of 200 hours.
• The ability to earn a TEFL/TESOL certification on a part time schedule appeals to those students who wish to continue working while completing their training.
• Aside from being able to continue with work, the Online TEFL TESOL course is very economical, allowing the student to afford the highest quality of TEFL/TESOL training at the professional certification level.
• "International TEFL Academy guided me through my online course and sparked my interest to teach overseas above and beyond! My advisor John, was very helpful in giving me all the information I needed and also explained thoroughly what the program offers, how they will help me in job guidance, and the benefit of taking a TEFL course with International TEFL Academy.”
John assured me that this is a university level course and prepares you for teaching abroad. Also, the job placement assistance made the International TEFL Academy more appealing.”
Ida, San Jose CA
• “I am looking forward to using my certificate I obtain at International TEFL Academy to teach English abroad and make my class exciting for students! My online class, set up for me by my advisor, exceeded my expectations!
Todd is a great instructor. He provides clear examples and encourages class discussion and participation.”
Joseph, Yakima WA
• “The course content was well designed and covered all aspects of ESOL. My instructor promptly responded to my queries and immediately provided feedback on my assignments.
It is the assignments, quizzes and the instructor feedback on assignments that guides learning for a student in an online course- and I can say that I would like her to be my instructor again.”
Anita, Appleton WI
• “When I started this course, I had no idea what was expected and required of an ESL teacher. Now I feel confident that I can effectively teach abroad. I feel that the combination of learning the material and then observing a live class creates a great combination of seeing how the ideas are put into action. The course content was appropriate and thorough.”
I had a few questions throughout about the course material and teaching abroad in general. My instructor always had excellent answers and knew how to guide me to the resources that were available. She always replied the same day I asked any question.”
Andrew, Vista CA
Our onsite TEFL course locations include: Boston, New York & Chicago, USA; Barcelona & Madrid, Spain; Florence & Sardinia, Italy; Crete, Greece; Limassol, Cyprus; Budapest, Hungary; St. Petersburg, Russia; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Rio De Janiero, Brazil; Santiago, Chile; Phnom Penh, Cambodia; Ciudad Guzman Mexico; Arequipa, Peru; Istanbul, Turkey; Pattaya, Thailand, and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Courses / Programs
- Our Home Page
|Address: 916 Diversey Parkway, Chicago, Illinois, 60614, USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2018 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.