International House Career College, Vancouver:
Conveniently situated in the heart of Vancouver BC, International House Career College is a leading provider of TESL (Teaching English as a Second Language), TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language), TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) and CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) certificate and diploma programs. We also offer an online TESL certificate.
ESL Teacher Training Programs:• CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults):
Awarded by Cambridge ESOL, CELTA is the most widely recognized English language teaching certificate. The CELTA qualification can open doors to good English language teaching jobs worldwide.
Originally designed for those with little or no previous English language teaching experience, the CELTA is an introductory course.
It is also of benefit for those who have some experience of teaching English but have never attained a recognized teaching qualification.
The CELTA qualification is regarded highly by employers, as it is known to provide a strong basis from which to develop as an English language teacher.
• IHC in TESL - International House Certificate in Teaching English as a Second Language:
Full-time Course: 130 hours over 4 weeks (Monday to Friday)
Taught by experienced tutors, the IHC is an initial professional teaching qualification that aims to equip graduates with the knowledge and practical skills needed for a successful career as an English language teacher.
This course has a practical focus, and incorporates teaching practice with real language students, classroom observation of IH Vancouver teachers (variety of classes and levels), as well as a post-course 2 day shadowing at IH Vancouver.
This well-rounded course also provides a solid foundation to continue learning and developing as a teacher.
• TESOL Foundation Course
Course Duration: 2 week / 35 hour course
Designed to help international students to prepare for the IHC TESL course offered by IH Vancouver, this course combines an excellent mix of theory and methodology.
Taught in small and interactive classes, this program provides a comprehensive overview of modern TESOL concepts.
• 10 Week ID TESOL - International Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages:
Following a modular approach, the ID TESOL programs typically follows this structure:
- 2-week TESOL Foundation Course
- 4-week IH Certificate in TESL
Candidates must complete any 2 of the following optional courses:
- 2-week IH Vancouver Certificate for Young Learners (2 week optional practicum). Face to Face and distance learning options available.
- 2-week IH Vancouver Course for the Cambridge ESOL Teaching Knowledge Test (TKT)
- 2-week IH Vancouver Certificate in Business English Teaching. Face to Face and distance learning options available.
• IHC Online:
The course is modular and is able to be completed in 12 to 36 weeks. The course requires a minimum 120 hours of input and 80 hours of homework.
The first online course that gets the International House stamp of approval! This unique and practical online initial teacher training program allows you to learn at your own pace.
It incorporates 10 hours of teaching practice (6 hours assessed) for all candidates and 10 hours observation of experienced teachers. Observation of your teaching practice is completed by a local tutor, with reports sent to the course tutor. Video observation option is also available.
Your core course materials are delivered through an online learning environment. The course comprises 9 separate units with corresponding reading, assignments, assessed and unassessed tasks to enhance understanding.
Candidates can share and discuss course material through a dedicated learning platform which is monitored by an experienced tutor.
This online ESL teacher training program is designed for:
- Candidates who have little or no teaching experience and want to earn a recognized teaching qualification.
- Former teachers who want to refresh and update their knowledge and skills before they resume teaching.
- Those who are English teachers currently but would like or are required to obtain a recognized teaching qualification. You can continue working while you take the course and use your own classes for your assessed lessons.
- Experienced teachers who would like to develop their language teaching skills.
- Our Website Page
|Address: 88 W Pender St, Vancouver, BC V6B 1R3, Canada|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.