Astar Education Institute, Washington DC Metro Area:
Located in Manassas in the Northern Virginia / Washington DC metro area, Astar Education Institute (AEI) is a leader in the field of international education and ESL certification. We provide an intensive, 140-hour TEFL / TESOL certificate program for students who want to live and work abroad as an English language teacher. This program is internationally-accredited, and we provide international employment opportunities for students who wish to travel to China and teach English.
English Teacher Certification Program:
Duration: 140 hours
The CORE section of the TEFL / TESOL certificate is mandatory, and must be completed before taking any of the elective courses.
It aims to provide an introduction to teaching English as a second language, and all the basic knowledge necessary for an in-depth understanding of the field.
Teaching of each of the 4 sections of language acquisition – listening, speaking, reading and writing – forms the central focus of the course, inclusive of elements of teaching pronunciation, methods of vocabulary building, conversation, grammar, and reading comprehension.
General Course Features:
- Learn about ESL curricula, and how to create and execute appropriate lesson plan
- Theories that underpin current approaches to teaching English, and some of the controversies and contraindications surrounding these same approaches
- Assessing learners' needs, and how to motivate individuals to strive for excellence in their learning
- Methods and approaches, including information about historical background, to TESOL are explained and examined.
- Practical knowledge about classroom management
• Introduction to TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)
• Methodology and Linguistic Theory in ESL Teaching
• Assessing English Language Proficiency
• Teaching Speaking and Listening English
• Teaching Reading and Writing English
• Teaching Grammar, Vocabulary and Lesson Planning
• ESL Classroom Management
• Teaching Practicum
• Teaching English to Children
• Teaching English for Academic Purposes
On successfully completing this course, you will be able to analyze a curriculum, create an appropriate lesson plan, target the learning needs of class participants, develop high expectations of student learning, and monitor and assess student progress.
Teaching practice (practicum) provides an opportunity for you to gain hands-on experience in a real classroom environment.
You will be able to observe and deploy the application of the theories you have learned about in an authentic teaching-learning scenario.
All professionals agree that there is no substitute for direct and authentic teaching experience, especially in the areas of correct pronunciation and conversational skills.
|Address: 7864 Donegan Drive, Manassas, Virginia , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.