International Language Institute:
International Language Institute (ILI) offers an 8-week TESOL / TEFL certificate program at our school in Washington DC. This comprehensive ESL teacher training course has a practical focus and will equip you with the skills you will need to teach English as a Second Language in the United States or abroad. The course is offered every 8 weeks, year round. Course components include lesson planning, observation of peers and practicing teachers, practice teaching in individual and group settings, critical self-observation, and more. In addition to our TEFL / TESOL certification course, we offer a range of English courses to students from around the world.
Founded in 1970, our company has seen steady growth and developed a strong reputation around the world and locally for quality language training and academic preparation at a superior value.
TESOL / TEFL Certificate Program:
We offer an 8-week TESOL / TEFL certificate program (120 hours). The course consists of:
• 48 classroom hours (every Tuesday and Thursday from 6 - 9 pm)
• 72 hours of self-study, observations and practice teaching
Our 120-hour TESOL / TEFL certification course centers on practice in teaching the four basic language skills of speaking, listening, reading and writing, as well as the sub-skills of pronunciation, vocabulary and grammar.
• Regular Class Attendance & Active Participation
• Teacher Observations
• In-class Teaching Presentations
• Practice Teaching: Ten (10) hours of documented 1-on-1 tutoring; Two (2) solo classroom lessons with instructor evaluation
• Assignments: Tutorial Reporting; Tasks: textbook analysis, materials design, & lessons plan; Class Presentation; Teaching Portfolio & Résumé; Grammatical proficiency assignment; Exit examination; Résumé and cover letter
All of our programs are accredited by ACCET, the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training.
ILI is licensed by the DC Educational Licensure Commission and is a member of:
• AAIEP (American Association of Intensive English Programs)
• NFASA (Association of International Educators),
• TESOL (Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages)
• WATESOL (Washington Area Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages)
• ACTFL (American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages.)
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 1717 Rhode Island Ave. NW, Suite 100, Washington, Dist of Columbia 20036, USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2021 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.