Instituto Hemingway, Bilbao:
Greatly improve your Spanish language speaking skills while working as an au pair in Spain, and experience Spanish culture first-hand! Take your first step today. Email: Contact us below
Situated in central Bilbao in northern Spain, Instituto Hemingway is a respected international language school (accredited by the Cervantes Institute) that provides year-round and summer au pair placement courses to students from around the globe.
Year-Round / Summer Au-Pair Work Placements in Spain:
As an Au-Pair, you will live with a host family for a period of time, and in exchange of light domestic work and caring for children, you receive room and board as well as pocket money.
Instituto Hemingway carefully screens and interviews Au-Pairs and host families. We provide support and orientation to the Au-Pair / Nanny for the duration of their contract and serve as a link between the Au-Pairs and the host family.
In addition, we provide the Au-Pair with a file on cultural, educational, health and other practical issues.
Requirements for Au Pairs:
- Be between 18 and 30 years of age.
- Have a basic level of Spanish language.
- Previous experience and be responsible with children.
- Be in good health, and be well mannered.
- Be a non-smoker, or at least not smoke in the family home or in the presence of host family members.
Au Pair Tasks / Obligations:
- Work five hours a day, five days a week
- Work 7-8 hours, 5 days a week in the Au-pair Master program
- Assist in the care of the children
- Baby sit one or two nights a week should the parents wish to go out
- Carry out simple household tasks
- Be clean and responsible for personal expenses such as: telephone, classes, insurance, and transportation