Kaplan International Centers Los Angeles:
Kaplan International Centers has two quality English language schools in Los Angeles. One is located in LA’s Westwood district and the other on Whittier College’s friendly campus. Both schools offer a comprehensive range of English courses, university placement services and accommodation options in Los Angeles, and are accredited by ACCET. Find the right English language school and course with Kaplan International Centers in sunny Los Angeles to achieve your language goals!
English Language Schools in Los Angeles:
- Our Westwood English language school is a short walk from the UCLA campus
- 1 school on Whittier College’s vibrant college campus
- Our Whittier College English language school is on a friendly, peaceful Los Angeles suburban College campus with access to their facilities such as their outdoor swimming pool and gym
- Both schools offer weekly social activities such as trips to Las Vegas, the Beach or Disneyland.
Quality English Language Courses:
Both of our Los Angeles English schools offers language courses of varying lengths and levels of intensity, with frequent start dates throughout the year. Students can also personalize courses through electives and supplementary study sessions to match their language goals.
- General English (20 classes + 7 structured study sessions/week)
- Intensive English (28 classes + 7 structured study sessions/week)
- Vacation English (20 classes/week)
- TOEFL and Academic English (20 classes + 15 structured study sessions/week)
- General English Academic Semester/Year (20/32 weeks)
- Intensive English Academic Semester/Year (24/32 weeks)
Exam Preparation Programs:
Achieve academic success with Kaplan International Centers, experts in exam preparation. We offer GRE preparation and GMAT preparation.
Find your ‘home away from home’ while studying at our English language schools in Los Angeles. We offer homestay, three student residences (dormitory or cooperative housing) and student apartments!
Learn more about our English language schools in Los Angeles.
At what time should I report to school on my first day?
You should arrive at school between 8.15am and 8.45am, and the exact time will be in the information pack you receive when you arrive at your accommodation. You must bring in your Kaplan International Centers documents, your passport, proof of insurance and a pen to do the initial English test on your first day.
What will I do on my first day?
All students take a Kaplan International Centers English test, meet the school staff and have an introduction to the school, facilities, courses and the local area. You will receive an individual timetable later in the day and your classes begin on the following day. Remember, if you have questions feel free to ask! The school staff are there to help, especially on your first day.
Will my lessons be in the morning or afternoon?
This depends on the location of your school and time of year – many of the schools run classes in the morning and afternoon so be prepared for this. However, once we have set your lesson schedule we will aim to keep it the same for some time as many students have a part-time job. Remember though, that your lessons and school work must come first and any paid work must be scheduled around this.
Do I get a certificate or diploma after the course?
You will receive a Certificate of Attendance at the end of your course, which will show your level of English, the dates on which you have studied, as well as your attendance.
Contact us to learn more about our English courses and English language schools in Los Angeles.