International Summer School for Teens:
Immerse your child in an exciting and intensive Beginner English language course and cultural experience in summer 2019 in the UK. Based on the picturesque campus of Stirling University in Scotland, just 40 minutes from Edinburgh Airport and 45 minutes from Glasgow International Airport, International Summer School for Teens provides exclusive summer academic and sporting programs to students from around the world.Email: Contact us below
Our 3-week residential summer programs are designed for local and international students ages 12-17. Students that select our academic Beginner English Language camp must also choose one sporting / creative course (Golf, Tennis, Theatre, Sports Leadership, Photography, or Creative Coding). Full English immersion lies at the heart of ISSFT summer experience.
Beginner English Language Summer Course:
- Duration: 3 weeks.
- With one elective course chosen from: Sports Leadership, Tennis, Golf, Photography, Theatre, or Creative Coding
• Designed for international students at beginner level, this summer English course has been developed to significantly improve their English language ability over the summer months.
• Working in small groups, students build their confidence in all aspects of English Language including grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, speaking, listening, reading, writing and colloquial English.
• Reading from modified texts, students will learn various strategies to assist with their English language comprehension. In addition, they will develop analytical skills to interpret literature and images.
• Students will be writing on a daily basis, learning new vocabulary and practicing grammar structures. They will write a variety of reports, personal narratives, poems, descriptions, and creative fiction.
Course features include:
• 36 classroom hours
• CELTA qualified English teachers
• Focus on building confidence in language skills through fun activities
• Full English immersion summer school
• Live and study with native speakers
• Daily opportunity to practice speaking in structured conversations
Other Academic Summer Camp Options:
• Intermediate English / IELTS
• English Academic Writing
• Introduction to Law
• Global Entrepreneurship
• Environmental Studies and Conservation
• Study Skills (PRE IB / PRE GSCE)