Language and Music for Life, Florence, Italy 2021:
Are you searching for a quality Music Composition course in Europe? Language and Music for Life (LMFL) provide an intensive international summer music program hosted at the prestigious Villa Favard di Rovezzano in Florence, Italy. Designed for students and professionals (adults & youth aged 18+ unless agreed with LMFL for highly talented younger participants), our exciting music course comprises masterclasses, workshops, and private tuition in a wide range of instruments, as well as music composition, orchestra conducting, and music theory among other study options. Optional summer language classes in Italian, French, Spanish and English are also available.Email: Contact us below
Taught by world-class teachers, our 2-week summer program is ideal for skilled musicians and vocalists. In addition, Language and Music for Life offers an international chamber music and music composition summer camp in the UK for highly-motivated musicians of all ages (children aged 5+ years old, teenagers & adults).
International Summer Music (Music Composition) Program - 2 weeks:
• All students must be at an advanced level; other instrument or course choices can be at lower level.
• LMFL welcomes younger advanced students who are at Performer level in at least one instrument, and accompanied by a parent or guardian.
• In this comprehensive course, you will participate in an individual 1-hour lesson every two days, and a seminar delivered in English every other day.
• The aim of the one-to-one tuition is to create a new composition during the course which will be performed at the final concert (time and performers permitting).
• The content of the individual lessons will vary according to your level. You will study diverse composition techniques according to your aesthetic preferences. These may range from traditional tonal harmony to more elaborate musical expression.
• In addition, you will learn about musical scripting software, with a focus on using Sibelius notation software.
• In the seminars, you will study the most significant influences on contemporary music in some detail.
• Topics include: Nationalism; Impressionism; Neo-classicism; Twelve-tone technique or dodecaphony; Minimalism; Jazz.
• Another important aspect of this course is musical analysis and listening, which will stimulate debate and encourage you towards your own creativity.
Beautiful Location in Florence:
Our summer music program will take place at the Villa Favard di Rovezzano, the oldest part of the Conservatory Luigi Cherubini of Florence site.
Situated in the middle of a beautiful botanical park with roses and cedar trees, the Villa Favard di Rovezzano has a concert hall, lots of music studios, and a large number of piano studios (including grand pianos).