Language and Music for Life, ONLINE Music Classes (instrumental & vocal) and/or Language lessons via Skype, WhatsApp or Zoom:
Dearest Reader, Due to the sudden global health crisis, we are now instead offering Online Music Classes (instrumental & vocal) and/or Language lessons via Skype, WhatsApp or Zoom with professional, highly-experienced tutors. Contact us today so that your child can begin classes as soon as possible. We wish you all and your families continued good health, wellbeing and musical advancement. Kind Regards, Arlette from LMFL.
• Highly-Experienced Summer School:
Founded in 1997, LMFL has many years of experience in providing high quality tuition in both music and foreign languages to children, teenagers, adults and and musical families.
We are committed to continuing this proud tradition at our International Summer Music and Languages Schools in 2020 in Florence, Italy and the UK, having hosted European camps in previous summers in Florence, Venice, France, Andorra, England and Wales.
• Outstanding Instructors:
Our high quality tuition is provided by internationally renowned professors, mostly at master class level. One-to-one private lessons are also available. Our music and language program functions in a context which is rich in motivation, individual ability, language, culture and generations.
• Public Performance:
At the end of the summer course, students and teachers will perform a public concert. The show will be recorded, and DVD copies made available to participants.
• Designed for adults, older teenagers 18+, and musical families at advanced level or professional musicians, this intensive music course includes master classes & workshops in a wide range of instruments and voice training, as well as choir, orchestra conducting, music composition, and more.
Classes / Workshops include:
• Instrumental Tuition: Piano, Piano Jazz, Violin, Viola, Classical Guitar, Cello, Harp, Saxophone, Flute and Piccolo, Oboe, Recorder, Percussion, Brass & more..
• Vocal tuition: classical & jazz
• Master classes in saxophone and bass clarinet
• Orchestra conducting
• Music Composition
• Music Theory
• Chamber music
• Jazz Sessions
• Opera workshop
• Sax ensemble workshop
• Entrance audition preparation
• French, German or Italian language classes (Taught one-to-one or in small groups)
• Intensive English courses (Taught one-to-one or in small groups for non-native speakers)
All students must be at advanced level in at least one discipline; other choices can be at lower level.
Rentals are available for cello, harp, and guitar.
Also available are a large number of concerts, grand and upright pianos (no supplement) tuned at all times. Plus air conditioned studio rooms.
We prepare young instrumentalists for the entrance audition for the Higher Musical Schools (Royal Academy, Royal College of Music, Guildhall, or Conservatoires Supérieurs de Musique etc).
Optional Language Classes:
• For English-speaking students, we offer the opportunities to learn or improve your Italian, French or Spanish language skills.
• For non-English speakers, we offer English as Foreign Language (EFL).
• The language classes can be taken in small groups or one to one, according to the student's needs. The group classes consist of 4 to 6 students.
• The exchanges that result from one's work in music make language learning easier: sharing a common passion - music, making it together and talking about it together provides motivation.
• Holding our summer program in Florence (Firenze) means that we can work in the midst of elegance, beauty and serenity. The capital city of the Tuscany region, Florence is the birthplace of the Renaissance. Home to masterpieces of architecture and art, it lies at the heart of much of the entire Western musical tradition.
• Our summer music program will be held at the Villa Favard di Rovezzano, the oldest part of the Conservatory Luigi Cherubini of Florence site.
• Situated in the middle of a beautiful botanical park with cedar trees and roses, the Villa Favard di Rovezzano has a concert hall, a large number of piano studios (including grand pianos), and lots of music studios.
• Our central administrative building is in the centre of the Old Town at the Piazza delle Belle Arti.
As the Florence music course is mainly a course for adults, we expect most of our participants to find and book their own lodging many months in advance.
However, for returning LMFL students who are 17 to 25 years old, we have 7 shared bedrooms (with breakfasts included) located in a private supervised home (just 5 minutes walking distance to Villa Favard). This is approved for returning students only, so you will need your LMFL registration details to make a booking.
Another interesting place for students who are travelling on a budget is a new, popular camping site very near Villa Favard de Rovezzano (just a 5 minutes walk away) where you can come with your tent, mobile home or rent a chalet or a bungalow on site. This camp site has a lively bar/ restaurant and a couple of fantastic, huge swimming pools.
• "Let me take this opportunity to say that Marta only has good words about the course and about her experience during those days. It was her first international experience and I am sure that she will never forget it. We were also amazed of her significant progress in just two weeks! Our congratulations for facilitating music students such a great team and warm climate. I hope we can repeat next year."
- Pilar, Madrid
• "It has now dawned on us that our daughter Aurelia has actually been accepted by the Royal Northern College of Music and it is such a joy for us all. A very big thank you for the support that all of you gave Aurelia during each of her LMFL courses where she had the opportunity to meet with outstanding and caring professors."
- Brigitte et Jean-Louis
• "...My daughter and I really liked it very much and we enjoyed it a lot. We were really pleased of participating in “The International Summer Course” which was really fantastic, amazing and interesting for us. I personally think that is the proper atmosphere I want for my daughter and my son: young people from different countries living together, interchanging experiences, playing instruments and singing together, learning music and languages from great masters and feeling the music around. My daughter, Alejandra, is really fascinated, delighted by the course and specially from her teacher. I sure this experience will encourage her to keep on studying and enjoying music. She feels enthusiastic about attending the course next summer. We are very grateful to you."
• "Thank you so very, very much for the two weeks course. Lina has ever since the course been praising the two weeks; the arrangements, the atmosphere, new friends, and, most importantly, your way of making her feel so very welcome and “among family” during the entire two weeks.
She has already started talking about us making plans for next summer J."
• "Hi Arlette! I have just arrived in Brazil but my heart remains with LMFL – it was a tremendous experience. I would like to thank you for all your help and support. All the classes really helped me and the teachers were incredible. Only high quality. Thanks for the opportunity! It was an amazing experience. All the best."
- Lucila, Brazil
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Conservatorio di Musica Luigi Cherubini, Villa Favard, Via Aretina, 50136 Firenze, Florence, Italy|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.