Language and Music for Life, South of France 2019:
Founded in 1997, Language and Music for Life offers a leading International Summer Music and Languages Course for advanced musicians (adults and older teenagers ages 17+ years old and families with teenagers aged 15 & 16). Our quality summer music workshop takes place in Centre International de Valbonne, a high school in Sophia Antipolis in the Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur region (close to the French Riviera, Antibes, Cannes, Nice, Monaco and the west Italian border).
• Highly-Experienced Summer School:
Founded in 1997, LMFL has many years of experience in providing high quality tuition in both music and foreign languages to children, teenagers and adults.
We are committed to continuing this proud tradition at our International Summer Music and Languages Schools in 2018 in France, Italy and the UK.
• Outstanding Instructors:
Our high quality tuition is provided by internationally renowned professors, mostly at master class level. One-to-one private lessons are also available. Our music and language program functions in a context which is rich in motivation, individual ability, language, culture and generations.
• Public Performance:
At the end of the summer course, students and teachers will perform a public concert. The show will be recorded, and DVD copies made available to participants.
• Designed for adults & older teenagers (17+) at advanced level or professional musicians, this intensive music course includes master classes & workshops in a wide range of instruments and voice training, as well as choir, orchestra conducting, music composition, and more.
• Younger students (of ages 15 and 16 years old) at the advanced level of Performer in at least one musical instrument may also attend the program but must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who is also attending a course.
Classes / Workshops include:
• Instrument tuition: Piano, Violin, Viola, Cello, Double Bass, Saxophone, Clarinet, Flute, Piccolo, Oboe, Recorder, Brass, and more
• Voice tuition: Opera, classical & jazz Choir
• Chamber music
• Orchestra conducting
• Opera workshop
• String orchestra
• Jazz sessions
• Entrance audition preparation
• Private music lessons
• Public Concerts
• French or Italian language classes
• English language classes
All students must be advanced level in at least one discipline, other choices can be at lower level. Individual lessons are also available.
The classes are conducted by fully-qualified and experienced teachers and internationally-known performers. One on one tuition is available for many subjects.
Entrance Audition Preparation:
We prepare young instrumentalists for the entrance audition for the Higher Musical Schools (Royal Academy, Royal College of Music, Guildhall, or Conservatoires Supérieurs de Musique etc).
• For English-speaking students, we offer the opportunities to learn or improve your French or Italian language skills
• For non-English speakers, we offer English as Foreign Language (EFL)
Based in Sophia Antipolis, close to the beautiful Côte d'Azur (French Riviera) coastline, the school is located just 25 minutes from Cannes and 30 minutes from Nice, with a transfer service from nearby Nice Airport (the closest international airport, which offers flights to and from a wide range of European destinations, including Madrid, Barcelona and Malaga).
Monaco and the west Italian border are also close by for summer holiday / vacation enthusiasts.
- Resident accommodation on the school campus is available at a very competitive rate. Lodging is mostly in comfortable single rooms with ensuite bathrooms or in triple rooms with shared bathroom. The campus possess a very large swimming pool, and meals are also available.
- Non-Resident accommodation for local students, or participants who choose not to stay on campus. Nearby options include camping, holiday homes, hotels & B&Bs.
• "Let me take this opportunity to say that Marta only has good words about the course and about her experience during those days. It was her first international experience and I am sure that she will never forget it. We were also amazed of her significant progress in just two weeks! Our congratulations for facilitating music students such a great team and warm climate. I hope we can repeat next year."
- Pilar, Madrid
• "It has now dawned on us that our daughter Aurelia has actually been accepted by the Royal Northern College of Music and it is such a joy for us all. A very big thank you for the support that all of you gave Aurelia during each of her LMFL courses where she had the opportunity to meet with outstanding and caring professors."
- Brigitte et Jean-Louis
• "...My daughter and I really liked it very much and we enjoyed it a lot. We were really pleased of participating in “The International Summer Course” which was really fantastic, amazing and interesting for us. I personally think that is the proper atmosphere I want for my daughter and my son: young people from different countries living together, interchanging experiences, playing instruments and singing together, learning music and languages from great masters and feeling the music around. My daughter, Alejandra, is really fascinated, delighted by the course and specially from her teacher. I sure this experience will encourage her to keep on studying and enjoying music. She feels enthusiastic about attending the course next summer. We are very grateful to you."
• "Thank you so very, very much for the two weeks course. Lina has ever since the course been praising the two weeks; the arrangements, the atmosphere, new friends, and, most importantly, your way of making her feel so very welcome and “among family” during the entire two weeks.
She has already started talking about us making plans for next summer J."
• "Hi Arlette! I have just arrived in Brazil but my heart remains in Valbonne – it was a tremendous experience. I would like to thank you for all your help and support. All the classes really helped me and the teachers were incredible. Only high quality. Thanks for the opportunity! It was an amazing experience. All the best."
- Lucila, Brazil
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Centre International de Valbonne, Sophia Antipolis, Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur region, France|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.