The English Language Institute at Notre Dame of Maryland University:
Study English at a top university campus in the United States! Join one of our eight-week sessions at the English Language Institute at Notre Dame of Maryland University to greatly improve your English language skills. Located just 15 minutes north of Downtown Baltimore (on the beautiful East Coast), we provide 8-week, full-time & part-time intensive English programs for non-native English speakers and international students. Students at all levels take classes in speaking, pronunciation, vocabulary, grammar, listening, reading, writing, and TOEFL preparation.
Established by the School Sisters of Notre Dame, Notre Dame of Maryland University has provided visionary and pragmatic educational programs since 1895.
Located on a beautiful, 58-acre wooded campus in a residential neighborhood of Baltimore City (the largest city in Maryland), Notre Dame has almost 3,000 students enrolled in our degree and certificate programs.
Mission of The English Language Institute:
Our mission is to give expression to the ideals of Notre Dame and the School Sisters of Notre Dame through an ethic of care and respect for each person, excellence in programming, and a variety of cross-cultural experiences that foster global community.
We strive to ensure that all students of the ELI achieve their optimal potential in improving their English language skills for academic and career advancement.
• Intensive, Immersive English Language Education
English is used at all times in the classroom. Students range from high-beginning to advanced levels and are placed in levels according to placement test results from the first day of orientation.
• Professional & Experienced Faculty
The ELI's professional and nurturing faculty and staff take an interest in each student's well-being, in and out of the classroom. The ELI is proud of this personal touch which sets it apart from many larger programs.
• Conversation Partners Program
International students are paired with native-English speaking students in the University for casual conversation. Student meet once a week to share their culture and form new friends.
• Diverse International Student Population
Although our students come from all over the world, together they form a community that makes the ELI experience unique. In each session, 20-25 different countries are represented. The diversity makes English proficiency a necessity and motivates study and language acquisition.
Duration: 8 weeks, High Beginner to Advanced Levels
The ELI instructors utilize an effective combination of traditional and innovative methodologies to develop holistic communicative competence. Activities and assignments that require students to use the language authentically are an integral part of instruction.
In all classes, students are expected to actively participate and are given home assignments that reinforce the lesson. Students are also given independent work to do in the Language Learning Center.
Modules / Units include:
• Writing & Grammar
• Reading & Discussion
• Listening & Speaking
Further English Courses:
• TOEFL Exam Preparation
• Summer English Classes (full-time & part-time)
• "I not only studied English, but I made international friends."
• "The ELI has the most effective course available to help improve my English. I recommend this school as the best English language institute in the east.."
Hong Joo, South Korea
• "I will never forget the special atmosphere, the close friendships, and the feeling of belonging."
• "I spent 6 months in ELI and it was a really good experience. I got to know wonderful people from all over the world which I still have contact with. The program is very well built to learn and/or improve your English.."
• "..Now, after almost one year, I can say that my growth has been enormous. Neither my grammar nor my pronunciation is perfect, but at least I have lost the fear that earlier had kept me from the person I really was.."
• "Estudar no Instituto de Língua Inglesa – the ELI tem sido uma maravilhosa oportunidade em minha vida!.. Essa tem sido uma imersão cultural a qual considero um presente de Deus!
Quero agradecer especialmente à Congregacão das Irmãs Escolares de Nossa Senhora e a todos os professores e funcionários deste Instituto. Agradeco por sua paciência, compreensão e sabedoria, os quais tem enriquecido minha vida."
Sister Mirian, Brazil
• "Buenos días. Llevo siete meses estudiando un programa de Inglés en Notre Dame of Maryland University, y puedo decir sólo cosas buenas. Los profesores son muy buenos educadores, y las clases en general, son muy dinámicas. Recomiendo esta Universidad 100% si estás interesado en mejorar tu inglés. Un saludo."
Specific Contact Pages: - TOEFL Prep Classes
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 4701 North Charles Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21210, USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.