Marbella Design Academy:
Study Interior Architecture & Design in Spain with Marbella Design Academy! A leading international design school, we provide a 3-year validated programme in Interior Architecture taught entirely in English to students from around the world. On completion, you will receive a Bachelor of Arts (BA) Honours Degree awarded and quality assured by the University of Bedfordshire, UK, and state-recognised in the UK.Email: Contact us below
Our academy is located in Monda, only 15km from the jet-set town of Marbella, on the Costa del Sol in the South of Spain. Our academy is state-recognized by the Ministry of Education in Spain.
3-Year Interior Architecture & Design Course - Earn a BA Degree:
After graduation from Marbella Design Academy, students are awarded a BA (Hons) degree by the University of Bedfordshire, UK (state-recognised in the UK).
Designed to provide you with knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the interior architecture process, this course commences twice a year, in September and January.
Some of the tutors on this course work professionally within the interior design industry on a local and international level. This is a great opportunity for students interested in a career in interior architecture to study in English in sunny Spain, at a lower cost than in the UK.
Graduates can continue to study for a Masters Degree with an additional 10 months study at the University of Bedfordshire. Alternatively, you can apply for a Masters Degree in another university of your choice.
This course aims to equip you with the skills and understanding necessary to explore and apply the creative potential of interior design to the expression of ideas, and in resolving design and visual communication problems within a given budget.
Tuition is delivered in the form of lectures, guided practice, independent study and real life projects, as exercises to hone work skills.
From the first year of study, you will learn how to use professional computer applications and software used in the industry, such as AutoCad, 3D MAX, Illustrator, PhotoShop, and Indesign.
You will learn a wide range of techniques employed in the field of interior design that include ergonomics, sketching, materials, color theory, psychology within design, photography, design software systems, as well as basic technical construction skills needed for real world application.
- Fundamentals of Design: Fundamentals of Creative Design; History of Art; Conceptual Basics of Interior Decoration; History of Interior Architecture & Design; Basic Building Construction
- Communicating Design: Freehand Drawing; Photography; InDesign; Photoshop; AutoCAD; 3D Studio MAX
- Design Projects: Project 1; Group Project; Final Project
- Interior Design Methodology: Conceptual Principles of Interior Decoration; History of Architecture and Environmental Influence
- Communicating Design: Freehand Drawing 2; Photoshop 2; Photography 2; InDesign 2; AutoCAD 2; 3D Studio MAX 2
- Construction Systems: Technology and Construction Systems; Measuring, Quotation and Project Planning; Furniture Design
- Design Projects II: Project 1; Group Project; Final Project
- Interior Architecture Practices: Project Management Theory; History of Interior Architecture & Design III; Sustainability and Ethics; 3D Studio MAX 3
- Interior Design Typology: Landscape Design; Exhibit Design; Vocational Orientation; Set Design
- Design Projects III: Project 1; Rehabilitation and Reforms
- Final Major Project: Final Major Project & Portfolio; Educational & Vocational Orientation; Work Experience
Summer Interior Decoration Course:
- 5 weeks
"I chose Marbella Design Academy for many reasons, but most importantly, because I will soon graduate with a certified BA Honors degree from Middlesex University in England, which is one of the best interior Architecture universities in the world.
The best thing about being a student in Marbella Design Academy is that there are only a few students in each class, which enables you to have the freedom of asking as many questions you desire"
- Farah, Interior Architecture Student