Focus Education Centre of Canada, Medical Exam Prep Courses:
Are you searching for a quality MCCQE Part 1 or Part 2 exam prep course in the Toronto area? Conveniently situated in the heart of Mississauga, only 20 minutes from Downtown Toronto, Focus Education Centre of Canada (FECC) specializes in providing top-quality medical exam preparation courses to international medical students and international medical graduates (IMGs) from around the world. We offer prep courses for both parts of the Medical Council of Canada Qualifying Examination (MCCQE).Email: Contact us below ( or request a callback ).MCCQE Part 1 Test Preparation:
Course Duration: 4 weeks, 4 classes per week (usually 3 weekdays and one day on the weekend for 3 hours).
• The Medical Council of Canada Qualifying Examination (MCCQE) Part I is designed to assess the competence international medical graduates for entry into supervised clinical practice in postgraduate training programs. It assesses clinical skills, critical medical knowledge, and attitudes as outlined by the MCC (Medical Council of Canada) objectives.
• The MCCQE Part 1 is a one-day, computer based exam that will test you on the following topics:
- Family Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology (OB/GYN)
- Population Health, Legal, Ethical and Organizational Aspects (PHLEO)
- Clinical Decision Making
• The examination is based on the MCC Objectives, which are organized under the CanMEDS roles. Candidates graduating and completing the MCCQE Part I normally enter supervised practice. Aside from formal accreditation processes of the undergraduate and postgraduate education programs, the MCCQE Part I is the only national standard for medical schools across Canada and, therefore, is administered at the end of medical school.
MCCQE Part 2 Test Preparation:
Course Duration: 4 weeks, 3 classes per week (usually 2 weekdays and one day on the weekend for 3 hours).
• Candidates need to have successfully passed the MCCQE Part I exam before taking the MCCQE Part II.
• The MCCQE Part 2 is designed to assess the competence of international medical graduates / medical professionals from around the world, as well as the candidate’s ability to demonstrate professional behaviors and attitudes at a level expected of a physician in independent practice in Canada. It specifically tests the skills, knowledge, and attitudes essential for medical licensure in Canada prior to entry into independent clinical practice.
• The MCCQE Part II is a two-day examination that consists of a series of clinical stations including pilot stations that do not count towards your total score. The examination includes problems in Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics, Psychiatry, Preventive Medicine and Community Health, and Surgery, as well as in similar disciplines that are considered essential for competence in general medicine and health care.
• The exam consists of a series of clinical stations.
• At each station, a clinical problem is introduced via a brief written statement, and you are then directed to appropriately examine a standardized (simulated) patient.
• You will also need to perform activities such as conducting a focused physical examination, obtaining a focused history, or assessing and addressing the patient’s issues.
• You may be required to interpret X-rays or the results of other investigations, answer specific questions related to the patient, make a diagnosis and/or write admission orders.
• "I took MCCQE1 Exam Prep course at FECC. The staff at FECC is very nice, professional, and was very helpful with establishing a pathway for studying and organizing thoughts/rational thinking for the exam. Thy were flexible and accessible with my needs.
This experience added a lot in my preparation for the exam, because it filters the wrong and non essential information and redirects to the main goals. I now feel more confident with myself and knowledge, and using specific strategies for success. I highly recommend the course for an intense orientation, take it two months in advance of the scheduled exam."
Carolina, June 2019