Focus Education Centre of Canada, Medical Exam Prep Courses:
Conveniently situated in the heart of Mississauga ON, in the Greater Toronto Area. Focus Education Centre of Canada (FECC) specializes in providing quality medical examination preparation courses to international students from around the world who hope to study or work in Canada or the United States. FECC offers comprehensive Medical Licensing Exam preparation for Canada: MCCQE 1, MCCQE 2, NAC OSCE, and United States: USMLE Step1, USMLE Step 2 CK and CS for international medical students and/or international medical graduates (IMGs). We also offer online courses. Mississauga today is an exciting, multicultural, immigrant city situated 23km (15 miles) west of Toronto, and booming with businesses and manufacturers. We look forward to welcoming you!
• FECC is the only organization in Canada to provide these medical exam prep tutorials in a classroom setting.
• Class sizes are limited to 10 students per session to enhance individual learning experience.
• Taught by qualified and experienced tutors, the preparatory courses provide guidance in High-Yield topics and Clinical Decision Making questionnaires.
• In addition, students are encouraged to enhance exam performance by making changes to study habits and diet.
• FECC provides coaching and preparation for your interviews using specific strategies that will give you a competitive edge.
• We offer Canadian Medical Board Exam Prep Courses in coordination with the Canadian Board Exam Dates.
• Our Programs are High Yield (covering very important topics which are exam focused), and therefore our prep courses are recognized by several Caribbean Medical Schools, and we prepare a lot of medical students from Caribbean Medical Schools.
• FECC enrolled students can benefit by repeating the same course once at no additional cost.
• Returning students are offered a discounted price for other medical prep courses.
• Individualized mentorship to each student.
• MCCQE Part 1 & MCCQE Part II
Course Duration: 4 weeks for MCCQE Part 1, 4 weeks for MCCQE Part II.
The Medical Council of Canada Qualifying Examination MCCQE 1 is designed to assess the competence international medical graduates for entry into supervised clinical practice in postgraduate training programs.
The MCCQE 2 is designed to assess the competence of international medical graduates / medical professionals from around the world. It specifically tests the skills, knowledge, and attitudes essential for medical licensure in Canada prior to entry into independent clinical practice.
• NAC OSCE
Course Duration: 4 weeks
The NAC OSCE (National Assessment Collaboration - Objective Structured Clinical Examination) is a national standardized examination that aims to assess the readiness of an International Medical Graduate (IMG) for entrance into a Canadian residency program.
It tests the skills, knowledge and attitudes of candidates seeking a licence to practice medicine in Canada, or to enter postgraduate training in Canada.
• USMLE Step1 / USMLE Step 2 CK and CS
The USMLE (United States Medical Licensing Examination) is a three-step examination for medical licensure in the United States.
- USMLE Step 1 Prep Course: 6 weeks, 4 classes per week (usually 3 weekdays & one day on the weekend for 3 hours)
- USMLE Step 2 CK Prep Course: 6 weeks with 4 classes/ week (usually 3 weekdays and one day on the weekend).
- USMLE Step 2 CS Prep Course: 4 weeks with 3 classes/ week (usually 3 weekdays and one day on the weekend).
• Dental School Interview Prep Course
Focus Education Centre of Canada prepares Foreign-Trained Dentists for “Dental School Interviews” (USA Dental Schools only).
We cover the following in our 4 week course or as needed by the individual:
• Mock Interview
• Personality Development/ Grooming Tips
• Resume Review/One on One feedback
• Personal Statement
• Public Speaking / Nutrition
• Canadian Residency Application Prep (CARMs)
We personally review your CARMs (Canadian Resident Matching Service) application and provide you with strategic feedback for your resume, admissions essays, letters of reference choices, and other documentation
Students also receive preparation and coaching for residency interviews in order to give you a competitive edge.
We also offer
• Online courses
• General English & English language proficiency exam preparation courses for local and international students.
• "I really recommend this Centre for people in Ontario. Excellent helpful administration. A Brilliant medical director. Nice environment full of positive energy. I scored above 95th percentiles in the Canadian exams EE & QE1. I've seen many IMG schools in Ontario. FECC is my best so far. I think they teach it the right way."
• "Focus Education Centre of Canada really helped me master the fundamentals of basic science and build thorough concepts Which made a big difference in the NBMES score and the real exam! Way to go Focus!!! Two thumbs up!!! Medical Student's really needed a place like yours. Wishing you all success."
• "I took MCCQE1 Exam Prep course at FECC. The staff at FECC is very nice, professional, and was very helpful with establishing a pathway for studying and organizing thoughts/rational thinking for the exam. Thy were flexible and accessible with my needs.
This experience added a lot in my preparation for the exam, because it filters the wrong and non essential information and redirects to the main goals. I now feel more confident with myself and knowledge, and using specific strategies for success. I highly recommend the course for an intense orientation, take it two months in advance of the scheduled exam."
Carolina, June 2019
• “Focus Education is a wonderful institute. It prepares you really well for your exams. Mock tests at the end of the week helps boost confidence. In fact, I saw my improvement in the mock tests. I highly recommend joining Focus Education."
• “It was a successful experience to study at Focus Education Centre, it helped me a lot to improve and get high scores on the IELTS exam. Plus the teacher, Sara was so great; she taught many useful techniques to help me in my exam. In addition, the place is so organized and great”
• "The staff are professional and friendly and were always available to answer questions. What sets Focus Education Centre apart from others are the small class sizes taught by qualified doctors and the individual attention each student gets."
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 250 Dundas Street West, Suite 307, Mississauga, Toronto, Ontario L5B 3Z6, Canada|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2023 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.