Focus Education Centre of Canada:
Conveniently situated in the center of Mississauga ON in the Greater Toronto Area, Focus Education Centre of Canada (FECC) specializes in providing quality medical examination preparation courses to international students from around the world who hope to study or work in Canada or the United States. We offer comprehensive preparation for the MCAT, MCCEE, MCCQE, USMLE, NAC OSCE exams, and USA dental school interview for international medical students or international medical graduates (IMGs). We also offer online courses.
• FECC is the only organization in Canada to provide these medical exam prep tutorials in a classroom setting.
• We keep class sizes small (maximum of 6-10 students) so that each student gets the individual attention they need to succeed.
• Taught by qualified and experienced tutors, our medical exam prep courses provide training in what to study and how to study.
• We provide individualized mentorship to each student.
• FECC provides coaching and preparation for your interviews using specific strategies that will give you a competitive edge.
• You can repeat each course once at no additional cost.
• If you take additional courses with FECC, you will qualify for a discounted price.
The MCAT (Medical College Admission Test) is an entry requirement for admission to many medical schools in Canada, and most medical schools in the United States. It is a standardized, multiple-choice examination for undergraduate students.
The MCAT is designed to assess your critical thinking and problem solving skills. In addition, it tests your knowledge of behavioral, natural, and social science principles and concepts prerequisite to the study of medicine.
Course Duration: 6 weeks
Designed for international medical students and international medical graduates, the MCCEE (Medical Council of Canada Evaluating Examination) assesses your basic medical knowledge in the principal disciplines of medicine.
It is a prerequisite for eligibility to the Medical Council of Canada Qualifying Examinations (MCCQE). It must also be taken by U.S. osteopathic students in the final 20 months of their program and U.S. osteopathic graduates.
Course Duration: 4 weeks for MCCQE Part 1. 4 weeks for MCCQE Part II.
The Medical Council of Canada Qualifying Examination (MCCQE) Part I is designed to assess the competence international medical graduates for entry into supervised clinical practice in postgraduate training programs.
The MCCQE Part II is designed to assess the competence of international medical graduates / medical professionals from around the world. It specifically tests the skills, knowledge, and attitudes essential for medical licensure in Canada prior to entry into independent clinical practice.
The USMLE (United States Medical Licensing Examination) is a three-step examination for medical licensure in the United States.
- USMLE Step 1 Prep Course: 6 weeks
- USMLE Step 2 Prep Course: 8 weeks
- USMLE Step 3 Prep Course: 8 weeks
• NAC OSCE
Course Duration: 4 weeks
The NAC OSCE (National Assessment Collaboration - Objective Structured Clinical Examination) is a national standardized examination that aims to assess the readiness of an International Medical Graduate (IMG) for entrance into a Canadian residency program.
It tests the skills, knowledge and attitudes of candidates seeking a licence to practice medicine in Canada, or to enter postgraduate training in Canada.
• Dental School Interview Prep Course
Focus Education Centre of Canada prepares Foreign-Trained Dentists for “Dental School Interviews” (USA Dental Schools only).
We cover the following in our 4 week course or as needed by the individual:
• Mock Interview
• Personality Development/ Grooming Tips
• Resume Review/One on One feedback
• Personal Statement
• Public Speaking / Nutrition
• Canadian Residency Application Prep (CARMs)
We personally review your CARMs (Canadian Resident Matching Service) application and provide you with strategic feedback for your resume, admissions essays, letters of reference choices, and other documentation
Students also receive preparation and coaching for residency interviews in order to give you a competitive edge.
• "I really recommend this Centre for people in Ontario. Excellent helpful administration. A Brilliant medical director. Nice environment full of positive energy. I scored above 95th percentiles in the Canadian exams EE & QE1. I've seen many IMG schools in Ontario. FECC is my best so far. I think they teach it the right way."
• "Focus Education Centre of Canada really helped me master the fundamentals of basic science and build thorough concepts Which made a big difference in the NBMES score and the real exam! Way to go Focus!!! Two thumbs up!!! Medical Student's really needed a place like yours. Wishing you all success."
• “Focus Education is a wonderful institute. It prepares you really well for your exams. Mock tests at the end of the week helps boost confidence. In fact, I saw my improvement in the mock tests. I highly recommend joining Focus Education."
• “It was a successful experience to study at Focus Education Centre, it helped me a lot to improve and get high scores on the IELTS exam. Plus the teacher, Sara was so great; she taught many useful techniques to help me in my exam. In addition, the place is so organized and great”
• "The staff are professional and friendly and were always available to answer questions. What sets Focus Education Centre apart from others are the small class sizes taught by qualified doctors and the individual attention each student gets."
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 250 Dundas Street West, Suite 307, Mississauga, Toronto, Ontario L5B 3Z6, Canada|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2018 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.