Focus Education Centre of Canada, Medical Exam Prep Courses:
The USMLE (United States Medical Licensing Examination) is a three-step examination for medical licensure in USA. Focus Education Centre of Canada (FECC) specializes in providing quality medical exam preparation courses to international medical students, international medical graduates, and practicing physicians from around the world. Located in the center of Mississauga, in the Greater Toronto Area, we offer USMLE prep courses for USMLE Step 1 and USMLE Step 2 CK and CS.Email: Contact us below ( or request a callback ).USMLE Step 1 Preparation Course
Course Duration: 6 weeks, 4 classes per week (usually 3 weekdays and one day on the weekend for 3 hours)
• The USMLE Step 1 is a one-day examination designed to assess the ability of a physician to apply concepts, principles, and knowledge, and to demonstrate fundamental patient-centered skills (with special emphasis on principles and mechanisms underlying health, disease, and modes of therapy), and that constitute the basis of effective and safe patient care.
• If you are an American medical student, or a Canadian medical student who would like to seek licensure in the U.S., you will typically take USMLE Step 1 at the end of the second year of medical school.
• If you are an international medical graduate (IMG) and wish to practice medicine in the U.S., you must start with USMLE Step 1.
• Each of the three steps of the USMLE complements the others; international applicants need to have completed all three before assessment of readiness for medical licensure.
Step 1 Preparation Course Objectives:
This course in GTA will prepare you for your Step 1 exam under the assumption that you have already covered most of the materials in your first few years of undergraduate medicine. Major concepts in each of the major subject areas will be reviewed, and test-taking strategies will be reinforced.
At least two years of medical school covering the basic sciences.
The course covers the following subjects and areas:
- Exam preparation & test-taking strategies
- Behavioral science
- Endocrine system
- Cardiovascular system
- Gastrointestinal system
- Musculoskeletal system
- Respiratory system
- Reproductive system
- Focused strategy sessions (individualized strategy sessions to boost each students respective weak areas)
- Periodic practice/mock exam sessions