Focus Education Centre of Canada, Medical Exam Prep Courses:
Located in the center of Mississauga, in the Greater Toronto Area, Focus Education Centre of Canada (FECC) provides USMLE prep courses for international students. Increase your chances of a high score in the USMLE Step 2 Clinical Skills exam by enrolling in the Step 2 CS preparation course offered by FECC.Email: Contact us below ( or request a callback ).
The USMLE (United States Medical Licensing Examination) is a three-step examination for medical licensure in USA. All 3 steps must be completed by any international medical graduates (IMGs) and practicing physicians who wish to practice medicine in USA. US medical students typically take Step 2 during the fourth year of their medical school studies. Step 2 is further divided into two separate exams: Step 2 CK and Step 2 CS.
USMLE Step 2 CS Preparation Course
- Course Duration: 4 weeks with 3 classes/ week (usually 3 weekdays and one day on the weekend).
- Now also offering a 3-Day Intensive Crash Course.
The Step 2 CS exam assesses whether you can demonstrate the fundamental clinical skills essential for safe and effective patient care under supervision.
There are three sub-components of Step 2 CS:
1. Integrated Clinical Encounter (Data gathering & Documentation
2. Communication and Interpersonal Skills (CIS)
3. Spoken English Proficiency (SEP): Clarity of communication in English within the context of the doctor-patient encounter.
Step 2 CS Prep Course Objectives:
This course will prepare you for your exam based on the assumption that you have already covered most of the materials in the first few years of your undergraduate medicine program including at least one year in a clinical setting.
At Focus Education Centre of Canada, we utilize designated mock clinical exam rooms, examination equipment and standardized patients (hired professional actors) in order to facilitate a learning experience as close as possible to the real exam setting.
At least 3 years of medical school studies including clinical rotations/clerkship experiences. White coat, stethoscope, and reflex hammer.
Curriculum: The course will cover the following areas:
1. Body language, effective communication and approach
2. Timing and sequencing of a H&P
3. Script preparation (so you are prepared for ALL patient encounters)
4. High yield clinical scenarios
5. Focused strategy sessions (individualized strategy sessions to review areas that need to be improved)
6. Periodic practice and mock exam sessions