Notre Dame International High School, Paris:
Situated in Verneuil sur Seine, only 30 minutes north-west of Paris by train, Notre Dame International High School is a private day and boarding school which provides bilingual, college preparatory education to students from around the world. Part of the Nacel International School System (NISS), we offer an American-styled high school curriculum taught in English to students in Grades 9-12, which leads to an American high school diploma. Students also benefit from an extensive French language and culture program, and can avail of our boarding facilities as well as homestays with a French family for further cultural immersion. Notre Dame International High School is also a candidate school to teach the IB Diploma programme in Grade 11 and 12 from September 2018.
American High School Curriculum for Grades 9-12:
• The NDIHS high school curriculum is based on tried-and-true American curriculum which has been developed at St Paul Preparatory School, in the USA.
• Accredited through the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA-CASI), St Paul Preparatory School is the model school of the Nacel International School System (NISS).
• Students must submit complete, translated academic transcripts for each year of high school in order to be considered as a candidate for High School graduation.
• NDIHS places a high value on individualized learning, and maintains a teacher to student ratio that ranges from 1:6 to 1:20.
• Small classes allow for personal interaction between students and teachers, which enables teachers to focus on the individual instructional needs of their students, particularly on needs to develop their English abilities.
• It also provides the opportunity for students to explore topics of personal interest.
• NDIHS offers students an American-styled high school education in English, leading to an American High School Diploma. Our primary education goal is to prepare students for professional success in the global community.
• Our curriculum emphasizes intercultural learning and the development of critical thinking skills within a college preparatory academic framework.
• We also recognize the benefits of non-formal learning that students gain from their daily interactions. After successful studies on our program, students will graduate with a US high school diploma, while being conversant in 2 cultures – the French and the American one!
The US curriculum covers the following subject areas:
- Science: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Bioethics, Current Issues in Science, Environmental Science, AP Environmental Science (to be confirmed)
- Mathematics: Geometry, Algebra 2/Trigonometry, Precalculus, AP Calculus
- Social Studies: US Government, US History, World History, AP World History, Geography, Economics, AP Human Geography (to be confirmed)
- Language Arts: English Language/Literature, Speech, Writing, Philosophy, AP Literature (to be confirmed)
- Foreign Language: French Language, AP French (to be confirmed)
- Physical Education, Art, AP Art History (to be confirmed), Music, Digital Media/Technology
French Language & Culture:
• The school offers an extensive French language and culture program as well as enrichment courses taught by French teachers (Music, Art, Physical Education). These courses are taught by French teachers from our French sister school, Notre-Dame Les Oiseaux.
The program is completed by a program called Academic Advisement:
- College Preparation: a one semester course designed to assist students with the college selection and application process
- SAT preparation course (22 hours)
- TOEFL preparation course on campus
• “The atmosphere at the school is like an extended family- all the students know each other and care about each other...His current friends are from the US, Taiwan, Montenegro, the Philippines, Hong Kong, and Syria.
All of the teachers that I have been in touch with have been extremely helpful and concerned, giving as much help as they can. He is very comfortable with all of them.”
"It has been such a relief to us to have our son in an environment that is competitive but that focuses on the student as a whole.
The mixture of levels and ages insures that all of the students can feel comfortable, and though it would seem that the different levels are a hindrance, they aren’t because the school is small, and the teacher/student ratio is exceptional. We honestly feel that the school's atmosphere is incredible.”
|Address: Verneuil Sur Seine, Yvelines, Paris, France|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.