International schools in France for children/ teenagers: Private bilingual schools in Paris, international schools in Bordeaux, Lyon. Primary schools teaching in English, French. American high schools, British education for secondary students, child care centers, montessori preschools, English speaking boarding schools for international students..
• Situated in Verneuil sur Seine, only 30 minutes north-west of Paris by train, Notre Dame International High School (NDIHS) provides bilingual, college preparatory education to students from around the world.
• Part of the Nacel International School System (NISS), we offer an American-styled high school curriculum taught in English to students in Grades 9-12, which leads to an American high school diploma.
• Students also benefit from an extensive French language and culture program. We provide 5 and 7 day boarding facilities as well as French homestays for further French cultural immersion.
• The US High School curriculum is taught by American teachers (ESL, Math, English, Social Studies and Science); Arts, Music and Physical Education are taught by French teachers; the special French curriculum is provided by the French sister school Notre Dame Les Oiseaux.
• Notre Dame International High School is also a candidate school to teach the IB Diploma programme in Grade 11 and 12 from September 2018.
• "Living in France is amazing. I love the culture and the language is beautiful. I have been lucky enough to have an amazing host family that has truly taken me in as part of the family and has done everything in the power to make me feel comfortable." - Alina, USA
• With our headquarters in New York City, THINK Global School is the world’s first global, traveling high school! There is no other school like TGS on the planet.
• Designed for 10-12th Grade students from France, Europe, and around the globe, our school year consists of 3 terms, each held in a different country. Our students have the unique opportunity to delve into the history and culture of these fantastic international locations.
• Authorized to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program, our mission is to provide a challenging academic experience for multinational students (ages 14-18) in a multicultural learning environment, with a specific focus on engaging with the local culture in each of our host cities.
• During the academic year 2017-18, we are in Botswana, India, Japan & Spain, while in previous years we have been situated in Australia, Sweden, China, Germany, Argentina, the U.S. and more.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all corners of the globe and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature UN, representing more than 20 different countries of citizenship and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges.
Expert Testimonial: "The collective energy that the students at TGS possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
Located in St. Germain en Laye, in the western suburbs of Paris, the American Section of the Lycée International is one of thirteen international sections that comprise one of the highest-ranked public school in France. Of the nearly 4,000 children enrolled in the Lycée International, approximately 700 students are in part of the American Section, and range in age from 4 to 18. American Section students all follow the national French curriculum, in addition to 6-8 hours of native-level American English instruction per week.
Students attend courses on one of three American Section campuses (Lycée International, College Marcel Roby and Ecole Primaire Schnapper). While all students must speak fluent English to be admitted, there is a possibility for non-French speakers to enroll in a one-year French immersion program.
- Primary Curricula Program (Pre-Kindergarten-5th Grade)
- Secondary Curricula Program (6th Grade-12th Grade). Subjects include English, French, Geography, History, Art, Science.
- Non-French speakers can enroll in a special adaptation year (Français Spécial).
Located in Le Vésinet, a suburb just 10 miles west of Paris, Malherbe International School is an English-speaking Preschool & Primary day school that accepts local and international children ages 2 to 10. We follow the Montessori approach in preschool, and then the British and International curriculum in primary school. Founded in 1990, the School serves the international community. Students are accepted without regard to race, creed, nationality, or religion.
Our program is grounded in principles of child development and learning and is centered around the various needs, interests, and learning styles of children. Our curriculum subjects are: English, Maths, Science, French History, Geography, Music, Art, and Physical Education. Many of the curriculum subjects will be taught through topic work so that the separate subjects may easily be distinguished.
Open Doors provides English literacy classes for English-speaking children. We are based in the western suburbs of Paris and have been operating since 1985. Our classes are compatible with the French school timetable and all our pupils attend French school. Over 80 children, aged 4-11 years old, are currently enrolled. We limit the teacher/pupil ratio to 1 to 10.
We employ only qualified primary school teachers who are native English speakers. They have wide experience of both an Anglophone education system and bilingual children. All nationalities are welcome but good spoken English is required. Open Doors is a non-profit making association run by parents. Fees are kept to a minimum. There are both nursery classes and primary school classes.
Nursery Program; Primary School Program. Language of Instruction is English. Nursery Classes (Tuition starts at 4 years old. French school is not compulsory until 6 years old) and Primary School Classes ( From nursery classes, children progress into Class 1 and can stay with us throughout primary school.
Pauline Fraisse Art & Culture is an art school in Paris city center that provides private drawing and painting classes to young children & teenagers (ages 4 to 17), and adults & tourists.
Taught in summer and year-round, mediums taught include drawing with colored pens and pencil/ ink, sketching with pencil, watercolor painting, acrylic painting and mixed media; oil painting, and more.
Courses take place in our studio in the 7th arrondissement of Paris, a chic and refined neighborhood on the Left Bank (South Side) of the River Seine, near to the Eiffel Tower. It is also conveniently close to the metro stations Ecole Militaire and La Tour-Maubourg (Métro Line 8).
Situated in Mareil Marly in the west of Paris, on the edge of the forest, Forest International School is a place where children are happy to learn. We are a truly international school, and this is reflected in our student and teaching body. We offer small classes, personalised education and a close partnership with parents. We embrace diversity and aim to promote understanding between people of different cultural backgrounds.
Our school's programmes of study and activities foster the cognitive, aesthetic, physical, social and emotional growth of each child. This helps the child to realise his or her greatest potential, but also to be challenged within an acedemically rigorous, stimulating but also caring environment. Children are encouraged to develop a astrong sense of identity, self-esteem and independence.
- Nursery Programme
- Pre-school Programme
- Primary School Programme
- Holiday Club Programme
- SEN Programme for children with learning disabilities
- English is the main language of Instruction
- We follow the IPC and English National Curriculum
- Optional Language Programmes of Dutch or French
The American School of Grenoble is an independent American international school for grades 6-12 located in Grenoble, départment of Isère in the Rhône-Alpes region of southeast France. The American School of Grenoble was founded in 1993 as a response to the needs of the Grenoble area English-speaking business community. Today the American School of Grenoble serves as an independent college preparatory coeducational school with AP courses, college prep ACT and SAT. Our student body consists of students from the US, Canada, UK, India, Mexico and Holland.
We are the only middle and high school in the Grenoble area offering all of our classes in English. Our goal is to enable students to reintegrate into any English speaking school and to prepare its high school students for higher education while providing a structure where students will acquire the added benefit of cultural, linguistic and intellectual diversity. Our curriculum culminates with the American high school diploma. It includes humanities, social sciences, math, sciences, communication, French and electives. Our small student-teacher ratio enables the teachers to tailor their teaching to meet distinctive needs.
- Programs for boys and girls in grades 6-12
- US College Preparatory Curriculum with humanities, social sciences, math, sciences, communication, French and various electives
- Advanced Placement Courses
- College Preparation Courses SAT and ACT
- Middle School
- High School
- Programs are in English
Marymount International School Paris is a private, co-educational, Catholic international school that offers an American based curriculum to students aged 3 to 14 years. We are conveniently located in Neuilly-sur-Seine in the western suburbs of Paris, France, approximately 6.8 km (4.2 miles) from the center of Paris. We are the oldest international school in the area. Since 1923, we have shared the traditions of the Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary and are part of the RSHM network of international schools.
Marymount School is accredited by The Middle States Association (MSA) accrediting agencies and The Council of International Schools. All members of faculty, teachers and staff of Marymount are committed to education.
At our school, we welcome children of diverse cultures, religious beliefs and abilities. We offer a stimulating and rigorous program of studies to our students. Our international character and location in France provide a valuable opportunity for increased cultural awareness and understanding. Our aims and objectives focus on fostering a lifelong love of learning.
The International School of Paris (ISP) is unique in being the only international school in France accredited to offer the three major educational programmes of the International Baccalaureate.
The school is further accredited by the Council of International Schools and draws on its considerable experience and expertise to offer an academically challenging, socially engaged and culturally rich education for 700 students in the heart of one of the world’s most important cities.
Today, ISP is composed of two campuses in the 16th arrondissement of Paris but is currently reviewing all of its operations as part of a strategy of growth that will see the school acquire an impressive third campus.
Some of the program inquiries submitted here up to
2019-01-22 were from viewers in:
Pikesville, MD, USA;
London, UK & England;
You are here: School & College Search> Private International schools in France> International schools in Paris, Lyon, Marseilles, Grenoble - écoles privés et jardins d'enfants à Paris. Preschools, kindergartens, bilingual elementary schools, middle / lower to high schools..