International schools in France for children/ teenagers: Private bilingual schools in Paris, international schools in Bordeaux, Lyon. Primary schools teaching in English, French. American high schools, British education for secondary students, child care centers, montessori preschools, English speaking boarding schools for international students..
• Situated in Verneuil sur Seine, only 30 minutes north-west of Paris by train, Notre Dame International High School (NDIHS) provides bilingual, college preparatory education to students from around the world.
• Part of the Nacel International School System (NISS), we offer an American-styled high school curriculum taught in English to students in Grades 9-12, which leads to an American high school diploma.
• Students also benefit from an extensive French language and culture program. We provide 5 and 7 day boarding facilities as well as French homestays for further French cultural immersion.
• The US High School curriculum is taught by American teachers (ESL, Math, English, Social Studies and Science); Arts, Music and Physical Education are taught by French teachers; the special French curriculum is provided by the French sister school Notre Dame Les Oiseaux.
• Notre Dame International High School is also a candidate school to teach the IB Diploma programme in Grade 11 and 12 from September 2018.
• "Living in France is amazing. I love the culture and the language is beautiful. I have been lucky enough to have an amazing host family that has truly taken me in as part of the family and has done everything in the power to make me feel comfortable." - Alina, USA
• With our headquarters in New York City, THINK Global School is the world’s first global, traveling high school! There is no other school like TGS on the planet.
• Designed for 10-12th Grade students from France, Europe, and around the globe, our school year consists of 3 terms, each held in a different country. Our students have the unique opportunity to delve into the history and culture of these fantastic international locations.
• Authorized to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program, our mission is to provide a challenging academic experience for multinational students (ages 14-18) in a multicultural learning environment, with a specific focus on engaging with the local culture in each of our host cities.
• During the academic year 2017-18, we are in Botswana, India, Japan & Spain, while in previous years we have been situated in Australia, Sweden, China, Germany, Argentina, the U.S. and more.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all corners of the globe and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature UN, representing more than 20 different countries of citizenship and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges.
Expert Testimonial: "The collective energy that the students at TGS possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
The American School of Paris is a non-profit, independent, coeducational day school in the heart of Paris, which offers an educational program from pre-kindergarten through grade 13 for students of all nationalities. The curriculum is that of U.S. college-preparatory schools and also prepares students for the International Baccalaureate (IB). The School emphasizes the learning of French and makes extensive use of Paris and surrounding regions as curriculum resources. English is also offered for non-English-speaking students in grades K-7.
Elective courses offered in the Upper School include Advanced Placement (AP) and IB courses amongst others. The School is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and the Council of International Schools. The School is governed by a Board of Trustees, elected for 3-year terms, who in turn appoint a headmaster as the chief executive officer of the School.
Lower School Program (Pre-K-grade 5); Middle School Program (grades 6-8); and Upper (High) School Program (grades 9-12), Athlethics Program. The school year comprises 2 semesters extending from late August to late June for the Upper School and a trimester system for grades Kindergarten to 8. Classes taught in English and French.
PEB (Pre-Elementary Bilingual School), located in Paris (Avenue de Versailles) with a second location in Boulogne Billancourt in the western suburbs of Paris, is a bilingual (English/French) private pre-school. Full-time and part-time preschool programs are available for children aged 2.5 and up. We also offer weekly after-school English classes for children of all levels and full English immersion programs for young learners from 2.5 - 5 years of age.
Teaching is conducted in both English and French languages by teachers who are native French and/or English speakers. They use the active pedagogy approach, which will allows your child to enter public, private or international schools functioning in either or both languages.
Located in Le Vésinet, a suburb just 10 miles west of Paris, Malherbe International School is an English-speaking Preschool & Primary day school that accepts local and international children ages 2 to 10. We follow the Montessori approach in preschool, and then the British and International curriculum in primary school. Founded in 1990, the School serves the international community. Students are accepted without regard to race, creed, nationality, or religion.
Our program is grounded in principles of child development and learning and is centered around the various needs, interests, and learning styles of children. Our curriculum subjects are: English, Maths, Science, French History, Geography, Music, Art, and Physical Education. Many of the curriculum subjects will be taught through topic work so that the separate subjects may easily be distinguished.
Open Doors provides English literacy classes for English-speaking children. We are based in the western suburbs of Paris and have been operating since 1985. Our classes are compatible with the French school timetable and all our pupils attend French school. Over 80 children, aged 4-11 years old, are currently enrolled. We limit the teacher/pupil ratio to 1 to 10.
We employ only qualified primary school teachers who are native English speakers. They have wide experience of both an Anglophone education system and bilingual children. All nationalities are welcome but good spoken English is required. Open Doors is a non-profit making association run by parents. Fees are kept to a minimum. There are both nursery classes and primary school classes.
Nursery Program; Primary School Program. Language of Instruction is English. Nursery Classes (Tuition starts at 4 years old. French school is not compulsory until 6 years old) and Primary School Classes ( From nursery classes, children progress into Class 1 and can stay with us throughout primary school.
7.La Petite Ecole Bilingue - Stewart International School, Paris
Courses / Programs
We are a private, independent institution, bilingual school, French-English or French-Russian, from pre-school to fifth grade (CM2 in the French educational system) for children aged 2 to 11. We are located at 8, place de la Porte de Champerret, 75017 Paris, France. Relying on more than 20 years of experience in London and 10 years in Paris, the Stewart International School offers a rich and varied programme in the fields of art, music, theatre, sport and computer science in addition to the traditional French National Curriculum.
The school bases its teaching on the method of total immersion in each language. Small class size and ample supervision by qualified native speakers of each language allow us to monitor the children's progress on a virtually individual basis. Our school will offer your child the solid background required to pursue his or her education whether in France or elsewhere in the world.
Preschool Program starting at age 2, in morning sessions, afternoon sessions or all day; Primary school Program for children from the first through fifth grades (CP to CM2 in the French system). Classes are held in French and English or Russian.
Bordeaux International School is centrally located in historic Bordeaux in South-Western France on the Atlantic Coast, approximately 495 km / 308 miles south-west of Paris, and provides high-quality, full-time bilingual (French / English) education for international pupils from the age of 2½ to 19. Boarding facilities are available for secondary school students with French families.
Bordeaux International School was re-accredited by the Council of International Schools in June 2010 and the Primary school is recognised by the French Ministry of Education (contrat d'association). Our staff, which includes both French and English native speakers, are highly competent, dedicated and experienced in teaching multinational pupils.
Our school is situated in the picturesque, 18th century port of Bordeaux, with its inhabitants, or "Bordelais", numbering approximately one million and world famous as a centre of the wine industry. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, it is "an outstanding urban and architectural ensemble". Bordeaux has excellent motorway connections, rapid train services to destinations throughout France and Europe and an international airport.
Early Learning, Primary and Middle School bilingual education programs (French - English) for pupils aged 2½ to 13.
- Secondary school education (For ages 14 -18 years) is taught in English and prepares students for IGCSE and AS and A2 Level examinations in a range of subjects with the Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate.
- The programmes are adapted to meet the needs of American students requiring entry qualifications to colleges in the United States.
United Nations Nursery School located on Rue Pierre Guérin at Paris’s 16th arrondissement, the largest administrative district of Paris, on the west side of Paris, is a private, international, multicultural school welcoming children between 2 and 1/2 and 6 years of age. The active teaching environment is led by an experienced team of bilingual English / French teachers. English classes are held at all levels. The school’s garden setting, low teacher-pupil ratio, multicultural make-up and lively social life set it apart from other pre-schools.
Our school was founded in 1951 by a group of parents of different nationalities who were working for UNESCO. The school is a place where the children come into contact with a variety of different cultures which widens their experience and broadens their outlook. They come to understand and then to respect other cultures and all that these entail.
The staff are all qualified teachers and they too are of various nationalities. In a warm and friendly but not permissive atmosphere, each child can learn at his or her own pace, acquiring knowledge and understanding which will allow him to approach abstract thinking.
Situated in Mareil Marly in the west of Paris, on the edge of the forest, Forest International School is a place where children are happy to learn. We are a truly international school, and this is reflected in our student and teaching body. We offer small classes, personalised education and a close partnership with parents. We embrace diversity and aim to promote understanding between people of different cultural backgrounds.
Our school's programmes of study and activities foster the cognitive, aesthetic, physical, social and emotional growth of each child. This helps the child to realise his or her greatest potential, but also to be challenged within an acedemically rigorous, stimulating but also caring environment. Children are encouraged to develop a astrong sense of identity, self-esteem and independence.
- Nursery Programme
- Pre-school Programme
- Primary School Programme
- Holiday Club Programme
- SEN Programme for children with learning disabilities
- English is the main language of Instruction
- We follow the IPC and English National Curriculum
- Optional Language Programmes of Dutch or French
Some of the program inquiries submitted here up to
2018-10-28 were from viewers in:
UK & England;
Setif/Ain Arnat, Algeria;
NORTH PALM BEACH, USA;
Caen Basse Normadie;
You are here: School & College Search> Private International schools in France> International schools in Paris, Lyon, Marseilles, Grenoble - écoles privés et jardins d'enfants à Paris. Preschools, kindergartens, bilingual elementary schools, middle / lower to high schools..