Notre Dame International High School, Paris:
Situated in Verneuil sur Seine, only 30 minutes north-west of Paris by train, Notre Dame International High School is a private day and boarding school which provides bilingual, college preparatory education to students from around the world. Part of the Nacel International School System (NISS), we offer an American-styled high school curriculum taught in English to students in Grades 9-12, which leads to an American high school diploma. Students also benefit from an extensive French language and culture program, and can avail of our boarding facilities as well as homestays with a French family for further cultural immersion. Notre Dame International High School is also a candidate school to teach the IB Diploma programme in Grade 11 and 12 from September 2018.
- Small class sizes allow for individualized learning. Our teacher to student ratio ranges from 1:6 to 1:20.
- Strong course offerings in Mathematics, Science, English, Arts and Foreign Language
- French language support classes and opportunity to study French from beginner level
- Bi-cultural and bilingual school staff
- Multicultural atmosphere due to the international student body (so far 22 citizenships represented at school)
- 5 and 7 day Boarding options
- Beautiful green and wooded campus in a safe residential area
- Placement in local French host families for students with the required French skills
- Graduation opportunities after completion of the US High School curriculum
- NDIHS is part of the Nacel International School System (NISS) network of schools for international students, which provides constant support and supervision as well as opportunities to experience several campuses abroad.
• Our curriculum provides students with quality, college preparatory academics and enrichment through the arts and physical education, and leads to an American high school diploma.
• In addition to the American curriculum (ESL, Math, English, Social Studies, Science) which is taught in English, the school offers an extensive French language and culture program as well as enrichment courses taught by French teachers (Music, Art, Physical Education).
• We aim at providing students with opportunities for the development of self-awareness, social consciousness, leadership skills and creativity through our enrichment activities, clubs and study abroad program.
• We also recognize the importance of providing our students with an enjoyable and memorable high school experience, and promote positive interaction through field trips, dances and other social events.
• Students are encouraged to take an active role in shaping the culture and climate of this international school, ensuring that it is a comfortable place to grow and learn.
• NDIHS is located in the residential town of Verneuil sur Seine, 38 kilometres north-west of Paris city center, and easily accessible by trains which run every 30 minutes.
• Verneuil sur Seine, located on the River Seine, is “a town on the countryside”, offering all the facilities of a residential town, with the proximity of Paris, combined with a rich natural environment of parks, gardens, forests, rivers and lakes.
• Our school is situated in the heart of a beautiful historical park of 13 hectares, with gardens and several centuries’ old trees.
• The Château de Verneuil has a history going back to the 16th century when it was occupied by French families of nobility up until the French Revolution. Today, the school boasts a large community of approximately 3,000 pupils.
• "Living in France is amazing. I love the culture and the language is beautiful. I have been lucky enough to have an amazing host family that has truly taken me in as part of the family and has done everything in the power to make me feel comfortable."
- Alina, USA
• "I think since I came I have become more confident in my studies, and also more knowledgeable about socializing with people of different cultures. I would recommend this school for people looking for a school with a good positive vibe and for an American type curriculum."
- Tuleni, Namibia
• "Five months, this was the amount of time that I stayed here at NDIHS. I had a great time. I just have to thank you- everybody: my colleagues and teachers.
During this time here, I had the opportunity to study in another country. I also got to know more about the French culture with our field trips and, of course, the fact that we are in France. I had the opportunity to know people from all parts of the world."
- Beatriz, Brazil
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Verneuil Sur Seine, Yvelines, Paris, France|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.