International Language Institute, Washington DC:
International Language Institute (ILI), in Washington, D.C. and Gaithersburg, Maryland, is an English language school which offers a wide variety of English language programs to international students from around the globe, and non-native English speakers living locally. Our programs range from our intensive day program with 25 hours per week and 12 different levels, to customized private lessons with your own private English tutor. We also run several specialized ESL programs including Business English, and Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) examination preparation. Since 1970, the International Language Institute (ILI) has taught English to thousands of students from all parts of the world.
The International Language Institute has provided quality language training to thousands of students from around the world. All of our programs are accredited by ACCET, the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training.
ILI is licensed by the DC Educational Licensure Commission and is a member of:
• AAIEP (American Association of Intensive English Programs)
• TESOL (Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages)
• WATESOL (Washington Area Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages)
• NFASA (Association of International Educators)
• ACTFL (American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages.)
English as a Second Language (ESL) Programs:
• 12 levels of Intensive English (ESL) - 25 hours per week
• Intensive TOEFL Preparation Course
• Private English lessons - Individual and customized instruction
• 6 levels of Semi-Intensive English
• Evening English classes
• Evening TOEFL Preparation
• Weekend (Saturday) English lessons
• Test preparation courses including SAT, LSAT, GRE, GED, GMAT, TOEIC and others.
• Workshops in Conversation, Pronunciation and Writing
• Tutoring in Academic Subjects, Effective Speed Reading, and Study Skills
• Friendly, experienced, and native speaking teachers
• Wide range of ESL courses
• Authorized to issue I-20 form for foreign student visa F-1
• Assistance with visa applications and change of status
• Weekly student activities, parties, and sports
• Arrangement of living with an American family
• Assistance with college applications and transfers
• "This school helped me to improve my English and to be accepted by American University. The teachers at ILI are very educated, professional and always willing to help students."
• "It has been easy for me to focus on the skills that I need in order for me to improve my English. ILI is the best location to learn English in Washington, DC."
• "I had a wonderful dream as a child to visit the United States and speak English fluently. Having been at ILI for almost a year, it has not only been a realization of my dream but also an experience from which I’ve learned a lot. I would like to show my appreciation for having the opportunity to study here."
• ILI's Homestay Program offers our F-1 visa students the opportunity to learn, first-hand, how Americans live and work. Often, the friendships which develop among students and their American host families last a lifetime.
• Homestay students live in comfortable houses in residential neighborhoods within normal commuting distance from ILI. Each host family has been carefully selected and interviewed by the Homestay Coordinator.
• All of our Homestay families live close to public transportation. A common commute door-to-door in the DC area can take between 30-75 minutes. Homestay includes a private bedroom, breakfast every day and dinner five days per week.
• ILI is located at Dupont Circle in the heart of Washington DC, a short distance by foot or Metro from Washington's most famous places, including the White House. It is also close to banks and medical facilities, shops, and other conveniences.
• Washington, DC is one of the most important cities in the world. Here, there are many exciting and fascinating things to enjoy, including sightseeing, the theater, and sporting events. There are many beautiful buildings, museums, and monuments, as well as many fine restaurants which specialize in international cuisine.
• The English House in Gaithersburg, Maryland is our second location in the Washington metro area for learning English as a second language. Gaithersburg is only 15 miles from Washington, D.C. in Montgomery County.
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 1717 Rhode Island Ave. NW, Suite 100, Washington, Dist of Columbia 20036, USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2018 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.