The Language Academy, Fort Lauderdale:
Learn English in sunny Florida with The Language Academy (TLA)! Situated in Fort Lauderdale, north of Miami, TLA provides English courses to international students and business executives from around the world, including General English, Intensive English, and TOEFL exam preparation. Our exceptional service and beautiful location makes TLA the best place to study English in USA.
• Our internationally-renowned English language school has received the prestigious ACCET (Accrediting Council for Continuing Education & Training) accreditation, and is recognized by the US Department of Education.
• TLA is a part of IALC (International Association of Language Centres), an exclusive organization of private language schools that has high standards of quality schools worldwide.
• Accredited schools must undergo an extremely strict academic, financial and management scrutiny, which guarantees that you will receive top quality courses and services and that your investment is protected.
• TLA was nominated for The Language Travel Magazine 2008 Star Award for English School in North America.
TLA is also a member of the following organizations:
• AAIEP - American Association of Intensive English Programs
• Quality English
• NAFSA - the Association of International Educators
• ALTO - Association of Language Travel Organizations
• Friendly, professional and dynamic staff. Highly qualified and committed teachers who will become your friends and help you progress rapidly.
• An effective methodology focused on communication. Classes are dynamic, interesting and interactive. You will learn in an enjoyable manner and without frustration.
• A stimulating international atmosphere and an exciting mix of nationalities. You will meet people from all over the world. Our Social activities coordinator will help you plan your free time.
• A young American city with lots of interesting and fun free time activities. A perfect holiday destination where learning English is easy.
• General English - 8 levels from beginner to advanced. The courses are developed as weekly modules specifically for students who want to improve their English in a short space of time. Classes are in small groups where communication is the main focus.
• Private / One-to-one English lessons (including English for Specific Purposes)
• TOEFL exam preparation
• TOEIC exam preparation
• IELTS exam preparation
• University Preparation English course
• Cambridge FCE (First Certificate in English), CAE (Certificate in Advanced English), CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English), BEC (Business English Certificate), TKT (Teaching Knowledge Test) exam preparation
• English for Executives: Main Executive (group classes); Executive Plus (group classes + 5 private lessons); Super Executive (group classes + 10 private lessons)
• Junior Summer Program for 13-18 year olds
• Junior Summer Program for 11-18 year olds in Miami
• Homestay program with local American host family
On arrival, you will be asked to take a placement test that will ensure that you are placed in the class that best meets your needs. Our English teachers focus on your interests and your learning goals.
TLA plans a weekly program of varied activities providing an opportunity to have fun, practice your English and meet American people. You are encouraged to participate actively in cultural activities and field trips outside of the school, and fully benefit from your visit to the U.S.
Further Second Language Courses:
• Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian, and German language classes.
Our students come from 60 different nations worldwide. They are university students or recent graduates, working professionals and business executives.
The majority of our students wish to improve their English rapidly and to combine their studies with an unforgettable vacation in one of the most fashionable cities in America.
• Homestay Program: You can stay with an American host in order to practice your English during your free-time and week-ends. Our home-stay providers are carefully chosen and they enjoy hosting international participants.
You can stay with a family or with a single host. The residences are within a 5-miles radius from the school. Once we receive your application, we shall send you a profile of your host.
• Hotels: Reservations will be made for you at hotels, many of which are only a few minutes from the Academy. We offer a wide selection of hotels at a wide range of prices.
Students can choose from a variety of different locations from the beach, to the city, to the shopping districts.
• Apartments: These are located within easy reach of the Academy and offer single or double occupancy. The Academy does not arrange roommates for shared apartment.
These self-catering units feature totally equipped kitchen facilities for your convenience.
Known as the "Venice of America", Fort Lauderdale on Florida’s Gold Coast, is one of America's safest, cleanest and wealthiest cities, and is internationally famous for its white sand beaches and mild weather.
Beautiful beaches, tropical vegetation and a year-round sub tropical climate with an average 25 C temperature have made Fort Lauderdale one of the most desirable cities to live in the United States.
Located in the center of downtown Fort Lauderdale, our school is within walking distance of the restaurant and entertainment district, main bus terminal and only a short 10 minute bus ride to the beach.
We are situated in a prestigious Museum Plaza building with beautiful views of the city, top quality media center and ample coffee lounge with free bottled water, coffee and tea.
Free Time Activities:
In Fort Lauderdale, you will find more than 3,000 restaurants, cafés and clubs. The Performing Art center offers a great calendar of concerts, Broadway and dance shows.
Fort Lauderdale is a sports fan paradise: snorkeling, parasail, wakeboarding, swimming and fishing are available year-round. You may take a cruise to the Bahamas islands, located 40 miles away, or drive to the Florida Keys to visit Hemingway’s house and the coral reef.
We offer weekend excursions to Orlando and Disney World or to Cape Canaveral and NASA.
• "I had an awesome time at TLA!! The teachers and the staff are very friendly and helpful! I can highly recommend this language school for everyone!!"
• "Perfect school, perfect organisation and perfect teachers... If you want the most of your money choose the TLA you won't regret it!"
• "For me my 3 weeks there actually were perfect. Good teachers at school and amazing friends I met there. Fun everywhere and delicious memories I brought back home. I recommend that experience to everybody."
• "Thank you, TLA for that great opportunity to meet interesting people from all over the world, professional teachers, new experience and adventures!"
• "I'll never forget that experience! Miss you, guys!"
- Courses / Programs
- Our Website Page
|Address: 200 South Andrews Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33301, USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2023 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.