The Language Academy, Fort Lauderdale:
Learn English in sunny Florida with The Language Academy (TLA)! Situated in Fort Lauderdale, north of Miami, TLA provides English courses to international students and business executives from around the world, including General English, Intensive English, and TOEFL exam preparation. Our exceptional service and beautiful location makes TLA the best place to study English in USA.
English Language Courses in Fort Lauderdale:
General English - 8 levels from beginner to advanced
The courses are developed as weekly modules specifically for students who want to improve their English in a short space of time.
Classes are in small groups where communication is the main focus. There is a maximum of 14 students in a General English class.
All courses are multinational and English is always the means of communication with the teachers and with other students.
General English Options include:
• General English - Morning Group Classes
• General English Intensive
• General English Platinum (Mini Group Of Max 5)
• General English Morning Group + 5 Private Lessons (Code Gec)
• General English Morning Group + 10 Private Lessons (Code Ged)
• General English - Afternoon Classes Only
• University Preparation
Private / One-to-One English Lessons:
Learn English in a private setting with individual attention for each student from experienced tutors. Options include:
• General Private English lessons (1 lesson per week, beginner to advanced levels)
• Executive & Business English (1 lesson per week, B1 level)
• English for Specific Purposes ((Law, Finance, Marketing, Human Resources, Aviation, B1 level)
• Semi-Private English Lessons (2 or 3 students beginner to advanced levels)
TOEFL Exam Preparation:
The TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) is a standardized test that evaluates the English language proficiency of non-native English speakers.
If you are planning to study at an American college or university, you can take the course and sit the exam locally or in your own country. The course duration is of 4 weeks and an intermediate level of English is required.
TOEIC Exam Preparation:
Offered throughout the year, the TOEIC (Test of English in International Communication) test is becoming widely recognized as a standard international test of English for the business professional. International companies and airlines alike require the TOEIC certificate. This test is offered throughout the year.
IELTS Exam Preparation:
At TLA, we offer IELTS exam preparation classes with 20 hours of lessons per week. IELTS (International English Language Testing System) assesses the language ability of candidates who need to study or work where English is the main language of communication.
IELTS is required for entry to university in the UK and other English speaking countries around the globe.
Cambridge Exam Preparation:
Our Cambridge exam preparation courses are ideal for those who need English for further study or for work, and who intend to spend at least 12 weeks in the USA. You earn an internationally-recognized qualification which is an assessment of all your skills in English. An upper intermediate level of English is required for these courses.
We provide training for the following exams:
• FCE (First Certificate in English)
• CAE (Certificate in Advanced English)
• CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English)
• BEC (Business English Certificate)
• TKT (Teaching Knowledge Test)
English for Executives / Business English:
Courses are offered for a minimum of one week and there are weekly starting dates throughout the year. All executive courses have a minimum age requirement of 21 years. The maximum number of students in each executive class is 5.
• Main Executive (group classes)
This is a comprehensive course that focuses on Business English and American corporate culture.
You learn financial and banking terms, write reports and practice your business negotiation and presentations skills.
• Executive Plus (group classes + 5 private lessons)Additional private lessons allow you to focus on your specific professional language needs. Each private class is 50 minutes.
The private lessons can be scheduled at your convenience during school hours.
• Super Executive (group classes + 10 private lessons)
In this course, you will practice your English by means of simulated business situations and role-play. Specific training is given in developing presentation and negotiating skills.
Junior Summer Program for 13-18 year olds:
A fantastic summer experience! Junior Summer Programs include 20 English lessons per week with a full activity and excursion schedule.
Located in Fort Lauderdale, programs include homestay accommodation with a local host family (for 15-18 year olds) or in hotels (14-18).
With wonderful meals and learning materials included, this is the best way for a teenager to spend their summer vacation.
Junior Summer Program in Miami for ages 11-18:
Designed for international students, this summer English program includes 20 English lessons per week and offers 6 levels.
It takes place in St. Thomas University, a prestigious, private Catholic university. Students stay in the modern and fully air-conditioned residential hall. It incorporates dynamic activities and an excursion program, including an Orlando excursion.
Further Second Language Courses:
• Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian, and German language classes.
Student Reviews / Testimonials:
• "Thank you, TLA for that great opportunity to meet interesting people from all over the world, professional teachers, new experience and adventures!"
• "For me my 3 weeks there actually were perfect. Good teachers at school and amazing friends I met there. Fun everywhere and delicious memories I brought back home. I recommend that experience to everybody."
- Our Home Page
|Address: 200 South Andrews Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33301, USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.