HOFT Institute, Austin TX:
Located in beautiful Austin, the capital of Texas, HOFT Institute is a leading ESL school for international students and non-native English speakers in the USA. HOFT Institute — previously called the Intensive American English Institute — has over 35 years of experience in providing quality, intensive English language training to adult & teenage language students (of minimum age 16). Every year, we teach hundreds of international students from all over the world, and we welcome each person with open arms. We offer a wide range of ESL programs year-round for individuals & study groups at beginner to advanced levels - including Intensive English courses, Part-time English classes, a University Preparation program, English Language Exam Preparation courses, a Workforce Readiness Program, and more. Contact us today to discuss your English learning needs!
• HOFT Institute is authorized by the BCIS (Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services) to issue I-20 Certificates of Eligibility for students seeking to study in the U.S. on an F-1 student visa.
• Visitors on the B-1 tourist visa are also able to study at HOFT Institute during their visit to the US. We have helped thousands of students gain the English proficiency they needed to succeed in top American universities and businesses.
Global Diversity of HOFT Institute Students:
• Nationalities of some of our students in the last year include Brazil, Bulgaria, Cameroon, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, France, Germany, India, Japan, Kenya, Mexico, Morocco, Paraguay, Philippines, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, U.S., Venezuela, Vietnam, and more.
• Accredited English School
HOFT Institute is fully accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET), which is a non-profit organization recognized by the United States Department of Education.
• Approved TOEFL Center
HOFT Institute has been approved by the Educational Testing Service (ETS), the world’s largest private nonprofit educational testing and assessment organization, as an authorized testing site for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
• Highly-Experienced Provider of ESL Programs in the USA
English is an essential key to your academic and financial success globally, and HOFT Institute has over 30 years of experience in teaching English as a second language to international students from around the world, helping them to achieve their goals and aspirations.
Our faculty and staff are dedicated to improving your English as well as providing you with a true American cultural experience.
• Linguistically Diverse Faculty and Staff
HOFT Institute is home to a diverse faculty and staff. Members of our team are proficient in Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Gujarati, Hindi, Italian, Korean, Spanish, Turkish and Urdu.
• 2 and 4-day-a-week programs for F1 students
We are the only English language program in Austin to offer both 2-day-a-week and 4-day-a-week programs for F1 students, and we have the most affordable Intensive English Program in the city for people on student visas.
• Quality Partner Schools & Universities
We have partnered with colleges and universities all over the United States to offer acceptance to students who complete Level 5 of our Intensive English Program, and to ensure your smooth transition to further education. We have 80+ partner schools and universities all over the United States that will offer HOFT students TOEFL waivers and conditional letters of acceptance. Email us below for a complete list of our partner schools and colleges.
Students must plan to attend the partner school immediately after leaving HOFT Institute to maintain their I-20 certificate. We can help you with your I-20 and the university transfer process any time.
• Academic Advising
HOFT Institute students receive free college counseling. We can help you choose a college or university, and we can help you with the applications.
• Customizable Programs
Whether you want to improve your general English skills or prepare for university entrance exams such as the TOEFL, IELTS, GRE, or GMAT, we can help. Our school can customize programs to help you reach your goals.
• Group Discounts
HOFT Institute offers discount rates for groups of students, with large group discounts for groups of 20 students or more. All students in the group will take 18 hours of classes per week for the duration of the program; minimum age is 16 years.
• Vacation Opportunity
After 2 consecutive semesters learning English at HOFT Institute, you can enjoy a vacation for 1 semester. Basically, you attend 2 semesters, and you can stay in the United States for 3 semesters! You can also use the vacation time to study for your TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, IELTS, or TSI.
• Excellent Location to learn English in the U.S. and Texas
Live in Austin TX - a safe, fun, and inexpensive city (rated one of the best places to live in the United States!)
• Small Class Sizes and Diverse International Student Body
Class sizes are no larger than 10 students for writing and 16 students for all other English classes. Most semesters, we have international students from approximately 30 countries on our campus.
• Comfort / Convenience
Our modern facilities, accommodation options, airport pickup service for students who need it.
• Exposure to American Students
Our campus environment provides HOFT Institute students with the opportunity to meet and practice their language skills with native speakers of English.
• Fun & Educational Extra-curricular Activities
We provide a wide variety of Social, Educational, and Cultural Activities including sporting events, movies, shopping, picnics, and potlucks!
- For adults and teenagers (minimum age is 16 years old)
- Basic beginner, elementary, intermediate, advanced English levels.
- Our Academic Calendar is semester-based with Spring, Summer, Fall programs.
Study Options include Full-Time / Part-time courses as well as specialist elective classes;
• Full-Time, Intensive English Program for F-1 Students
• Part-time English Classes for Non-F1 Students
• University Fast Track Program (Full-time)
• Workforce Readiness Program (4 weeks)
• TOEFL Prep Classes
• IELTS Prep Classes
• American Accent Training
• English for Business
• English for Hospitality
• English for Health Science
• English for Computers
• English for Parenting
• English for Athletes, & more.
• "My skills have improved tremendously!"
• "I would like to say some thankful words for this wonderful school. I appreciate all the teachers and students whom I studied with. That was a really exciting time spending it with all of you. Thank you very much. It was beautiful."
• "Being a student in HOFT was a beautiful experience…..the lovely smiling spirit of teachers motivated students, including new students, to study more."
• "I'm glad to have met new people that now are so special. Although it was just 15 weeks, it is enough to learn what I need to learn and also learn about culture and other languages. HOFT just gave me the tools to have the idea how to improve myself.... Thank you for these three semesters in HOFT I really appreciate it."
• "I had a great experience here again. This semester I met new students from different countries. I think that this opportunity to interact with people from diverse cultures is very rich for everybody. Owners, directors, teachers, and staff work to create a pleasant ambience. And it is clear for me, the effort they do to promote student interaction and integration. This way we can feel motivated to come here, to study more, and to continue fighting to reach our goals."
• “Fue una experiencia única estar con tantas culturas diferentes y comprender lo parecidos que somos. Después de mi tiempo en HOFT, yo fui aceptado por la universidad de St. Edwards.”
• “Los profesores siempre son tan amables, yo aprendí inglés y ahora voy a estudiar Servicios Interculturales, Liderazgo, y Gestión en la institución de SIT Graduate. ¡Gracias!”
• “HOFT me ayudó a mejorar mi inglés. Después de mi tiempo en HOFT, regresé a Brasil y ahora estoy trabajando por una gran empresa americana que produce repuestos de coche. Mejorar mi ingles con HOFT me ayudó mucho con mi trabajo.”
• Those who move to Austin never want to leave! It is comfortable, laid-back and fun. It is also a vibrant and diverse city renowned for its live music scene.
• Austin has been called the “Live Music Capital of the World” for its eclectic live music possibilities ranging from rock and roll, jazz, country, blues, reggae, funk, salsa and more! Austin also has 33 art galleries, museums and theatres to choose from.
• Austin is situated on the Colorado River in Central Texas, and is surrounded by a picturesque landscape of three man-made lakes, limestone hills, rolling farmland and wineries. There are many beautiful state parks where you can go camping or hiking. Enjoy bike riding, running or strolling around Town Lake.
• Austin’s climate is one that is very mild year-round, with warm summers and mild winters.
• With 5 colleges and universities, Austin TX has an abundance of opportunities for those who want to further their academics, most notably the University of Texas, the largest university in the United States. Austin is also the home of numerous high-tech companies, many of which are global names.
On-Campus Student Housing
• If you are interested in staying on campus, our apartments for students are 547ft2 / 51m2 in size, offering space and comfort during your stay. Short-term leases are available (one, two, three, four-month). Apartments are fully furnished and within walking distance from the University of Texas, several restaurants and recreational spots.
• There are several off-campus housing options in the area including dorms and apartments.
• HOFT Institute has great facilities for students. Our building offers over 11,000 square feet of space for our students.
• Our facilities include relaxation areas outside, a student library, student computers, a games area, free Wifi.
• We have one room able to seat up to 80 people, two rooms with space for 17 students, two rooms with space for 14 people, 5 rooms for 8 people, and 6 rooms for 3 people (which are usually used for tutoring, but may also be rented as office space).
• Each week, you have the opportunity to practice English outside of the classroom. Additionally, there are day trips to places of interest in and around Austin, where students get the chance to interact with native English speakers. Student activities include: Conversation hour, Movies, Potluck lunch, Birthday celebrations.
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 2400 Pearl Street, Austin, Texas 78705, USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2021 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.