Kaplan International Vancouver:
Situated in Downtown Vancouver BC, Kaplan International offers English language courses to students from around the world. We have gained an international reputation for high academic standards and innovative teaching techniques. Our courses include intensive English, exam preparation for the TOEFL and Cambridge exams and Academic Year / Semester programs for international students who wish to study English in Canada.
Beginner to Advanced English Language Courses:
General English (20 classes + 7 structured study sessions/week)
We offer General English courses for all levels - elementary, intermediate and advanced.
The English course enables you to combine English classes with structured study sessions, leaving you time to practice your English during social activities such as sport or excursions with your new friends!
Intensive English (28 classes + 7 structured study sessions/week)
The Kaplan Intensive English program consists of:
- General English classes
- Elective lessons - including Business English, current affairs, exam preparation, local culture and film studies
- Structured study sessions - with access to online and offline facilities and materials
Our Intensive English program is our most popular course because it is the fastest way to achieve fluency in English!
This course is available to students of all levels, from elementary to advanced.
Business English (28 classes + 7 structured study sessions/week)
The Kaplan International Business English course teaches the necessary English language skills for effective communication on both a business and social level.
It combines intensive English classes with specialized business elective classes and structured study sessions.
TOEFL Exam Preparation:
TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) is the most popular examination for measuring American English proficiency. It is necessary to get a good TOEFL score to enter a North American college or university.
Our TOEFL course will help you prepare for all four sections of the TOEFL iBT and work on the academic English skills you need to succeed at an English-speaking university through:
- Academic English classes
- TOEFL simulation tests
- Test-taking strategies
- Personalised structured study
Students can choose to study from 4 - 16 weeks.
Cambridge Exam Courses:
The University of Cambridge Local Exam Syndicate examinations are recognised around the world to test your English language ability. Kaplan International Cambridge courses can help you prepare for the:
- First Certificate (FCE)
- The Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)
- The Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE)
The course is suitable for students with a higher intermediate or equivalent level of English. Students can choose to study for 5, 10 or 12 weeks.
Intensive English Academic Year Programs (20/24/32 weeks)
Our Intensive English Academic Year Programs are long-term language programmes which allow you to achieve maximum fluency in English whilst immersing yourself in the language and culture of Canada. Each week you will receive:
- 20 general English lessons: These lessons focus on helping you to communicate effectively in everyday English. The wide-ranging syllabus will improve your listening, reading, writing and speaking skills and confidence
- 8 electives lessons: These lessons vary from school to school but may include Current Affairs, English for Business, Academic English, TOEFL / IELTS preparation, Local Culture, Literature or Film Studies
- 7 structured study sessions: These sessions help you to reinforce what you have learned and improve the areas where you need most practice by using selected books, online language exercises and interactive computer programs
Intensive English Academic Semester Programs (20/24/32 weeks)
The Intensive English Semester program is available for all levels - beginner to advanced - and can be customised to suit your needs and goals.
Become fluent in English, gain valuable qualifications, greatly boost your career options and make friends from all over the world in 5 months. This program is ideal if:
- You are serious about becoming fluent in English and making the most of your year or semester abroad
- You want to enhance your academic prospects and make a positive impact on your career
- You want to take advantage of fantastic savings on the long term course fees
Each week you will receive:
- 20 lessons of General English
- 8 elective lessons (i.e. Business English, film studies, current affairs etc.)
- 7 sessions of Supplementary Structured Study
English Exam Preparation Programs:
We offer courses to prepare international students for challenging tests, using the exclusive teaching materials and unique curriculum developed by Kaplan. Study options include:
IELTS Exam Preparation:
- Course Duration: 2-24 weeks
- Course Structure: 20 classes + 7 structured study sessions/week
Cambridge Exam Preparation:
- Course Duration: 5, 10 or 12 weeks. Study options include:
- First Certificate of English (FCE)
- Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)
- Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE)
|Address: Suite 300, 755 Burrard St., Vancouver, BC V6Z 1X6, Canada|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.