Acorn International Summer School, Bristol:
Are you searching for a quality summer English school for your child or teen? Acorn International Summer School (AISS) is a family-run summer boarding school situated close to the beautiful city of Bristol in the south west of England. We provide unique summer English courses for international students (ages 5-15 years) from around the world. In addition, we offer summer camps for British children.
Summer English Courses for International Students (ages 5-15)
Our summer courses for Juniors (ages 5-11), and Seniors (ages 11-15) are held in July and August and students can attend for 2 or 4 weeks.
Our standard summer camp for international students consists of Academic English courses combined with specialist sports tuition, fun activities and weekend excursions. This program is then adapted and modified, depending on the age and ability of students.
Subjects offered include science, geography, British studies, drama, environmental science, computer, art & design, music, and sport. Lessons are taught by experienced, native-speaking teachers and include a range of teaching techniques that aim to build on the students’ speaking, listening, reading and writing skills in a fun and interactive way.
The academic course also incorporates a range of exciting field trips that compliment and build upon the topics studied in the classroom. Our experience and our commitment to working with children in small groups meas that you can rest assured that you child will receive the highest-quality teaching and care while they stay in England.
International children mix with native British children to enable the best opportunities to use and improve their English, in particular their vocabulary and accent.
What is included in a Summer English Course Package?
- 20 hours of academic English and cross-curricular primary subjects per week on the Academic Programme OR 15 hours of academic English and cross curricular primary subjects plus afternoon activities on the study tours programme.
- 5hours of specialists sports lessons
- Social excursions during the weekends
- Educational excursions during the week
- 24 hour supervision and care of students by experienced and qualified staff
- Accomodation and laundry
- Three meals per day, plus snacks
- Individual academic and pastoral reports, written by students’ teachers
- Certificate of Attendance signed by the Principal
- Course photograph
- Summer school rucksack
- Personalised workbook that will serve as a visual reminder of lessons and topics studies and that will show parents the work that their child has completed
- Use of text books, dictionaries and stationary during their stay
Summer Camps for British Children (ages 5-15)
- Academic tuition for British children in subjects from the British Primary Curriculum combined with specialist sports tuition, fun activities & weekend excursions
Taught by fully qualified primary trained teachers, all of our morning sessions are engaging and interesting, and include the full range of subjects from the British Primary Curriculum such as science, drama, music, arts and crafts, sport, cookery, ICT,story writing and more.
Afternoons are then spent participating in specialist sports classes, educational and leisure trips, junior adventure activities, or sometimes winding down with a swim in our on site pool or a walk in the countryside with members of our highly experienced staff!
|Address: Tockington, Bristol, England , UK & England|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.