Australian International College of Language, Gold Coast, Queensland:
The Australian International College of Language (AICOL) is a government-accredited English language school in Southport, a suburb of the beautiful Gold Coast in Queensland, Australia. We have been offering year-round registered English courses, and summer & winter ESL camps for children and teenagers since 1993.
• AICOL is an accredited English language school (Provider Code 01272A), and is known for its safe, friendly, and effective learning environment for international students.
• AICOL is an AEAS and TOEIC testing centre, and also an IELTS pre-test centre.
• AICOL is now also a recognized school by Bildungsurlaub in Germany for approved educational travel.
• AICOL provides a safe and welcoming learning environment, qualified and experienced teachers, and fully accredited courses for children from 6 years of age.
Course Options for Children & Families:
• English for Young Learners through Teenagers of ages 6 to 17 years old (Accredited course)
• General English for Elementary to Upper Intermediate level (Accredited course)
• Intensive English for High School Preparation (Accredited course)
• English for Academic Purposes (Accredited course)
• English and Professional Sport (Accredited course)
• Language test preparation (IELTS, TOEIC, Cambridge FCE & CAE)
• English summer camps for children, teens and adults (June/July/Aug)
• Winter Camp / Study Tour for Individuals and Groups (Jan/ Feb - Australian summer time)
• Homestay accommodation with local host family
• Professional Development for English Teachers
Parents and children may study English in the same school and enjoy the Australian lifestyle living with an Australian homestay family. We also offer English courses for individual adults.
Testimonial from Parent:
• "My 8-Year-old son and I took a course. The children's English course is a lesson to incorporate activities so that children don't get tired of them. My class was a lesson to each English level filled with academic intellectual curiosity. One of the most fascinating things to learn in the same campus in parent-child, brother, and family. A very great school, including a lecturer who also supports IELTS preparation and more.
The principal and the staff and the staff are very good and really recommended school. Thank you very much for your help."
Yuko Kimura, Japan
Testimonial from Student:• "I had a lovely 18 week course in preparation of my CAE. Everyone was lovely and I believe my exam preparation was the best as I was the only one that completed everything within the time limit. All of the staff were nice and especially Garth and Gabriele tried their best to help - not only with academic but also other questions. I would highly recommend the school to everyone that wants to learn English better."
Carmen from Germany, student of our Cambridge CAE test preparation course.
AICOL offers the following service:
• All homestay families are inspected regularly to ensure they meet our standards
• All homestay families must hold current Queensland police blue card clearances
• Both host families and students complete Homestay Application Forms, and are then matched through our computerised matching service.
• Students are requested to complete questionnaires advising of their experience with their host family, to assist us to improve the quality of our placement service
"I just would like to let you know, you are the best agent i have dealt with. I was with 5 other agents but i let them all go, not that i was not happy but you are the best.
I will be always available for you any time, I love the way you handle things, and you are SO well organized...by the way I am NOT the only one who thinks this, maybe the only one who tells you ...I have heard other mothers praise you...just thought I'd let you know this, that you are appreciated. Looking forwards for my new students."
- Maryke and Peter, Homestay Family Testimonial to AICOL homestay coordinator Jasmine.
AICOL is 100% Australian owned and operated, and is well known for the following:
• International students come to AICOL to enjoy learning English in the beautiful environment of the Gold Coast.
• Friendly, caring staff (some teachers have been with AICOL since it opened in 1993).
• All teachers at AICOL have a minimum qualification of a Batchelor's Degree plus a post graduate qualification in TESOL as required by the crediting authority in Australia (NEAS). Some teachers also have a Masters in Education or a Masters in Linguistics as well as experience in primary, secondary and tertiary education. AICOL only employs qualified teachers, even for short study tour courses. Our Director of Studies and our Senior Teacher are IELTS Examiners.
• Secure, stable and happy learning environment (we own our modern, air conditioned, waterfront premises located near the Central Business District of Southport).
• Emphasis on person-to-person communication (computer studies are available but AICOL places more emphasis on personal teacher contact and developing personal skills).
• Long term commitment to its students (AICOL has a genuine interest in ensuring that each student is happy and has free access to counselling whenever needed).
AICOL offers a complete range of study tour programs throughout the year, with the most popular being summer camps during June / July / August, and winter camps during January / February.
Students can take advantage of our own farmstay resort (Mystery Mountain) located in the Gold Coast hinterland, just 45 minutes from our school. With a sleeping capacity of 50 or more students in very good quality accommodation, Mystery Mountain provide activities such as:
- Rain forest walk
- Craft and art classes
- Cow milking
- Horse riding lessons
- Camp oven cooking
The Gold Coast also offers a very wide range of activities, including:
- Surfing lessons
- Tennis, golf, and other sporting lessons
- Theme parks such as Seaworld, Dreamworld, Movieworld
- Opportunities to meet unique Australian animals such as koalas and kangaroos
- Wonderful sightseeing along our beautiful beaches and hinterland areas
AICOL can also arrange integration with local primary and high schools, and of course an excellent homestay placement service.
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 66 Marine Parade, Southport, Gold Coast, Queensland , Australia|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2023 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.