Italian Culinary Institute, Southern Italy:
The Italian Culinary Institute (ICI) is a professional chef training school in the heart of Southern Italy's Calabria region, at the tip of the Italian peninsula just north of Sicily. Our school is located in Copanello, 5 minutes from the Mediterranean seaside town of Soverato. Our year-round, full-immersion programs (taught in English or Italian) cover subjects including Italian cuisine, pastry, gelato and decoration.
• Formerly the Italian Institute for Advanced Culinary and Pastry Arts, ICI is a professional cooking school recognized as Italy's top culinary academy, and considered among the most important in Europe.
• Founded by Chef John Nocita, ICI presents Italy's most advanced culinary programs for professional chefs, pastry chefs, students, serious home cooks & epicureans.
Why Choose The Italian Culinary Institute?
• Professional Standard Courses:
Courses are designed specifically for professionals and concentrate on highly developed techniques that are continually being developed through the Institute's participation in international culinary competitions. Our full immersion programs cover subjects including cuisine, pastry, gelato and decoration.
• Renowned Culinary Institute:
Culinary professionals benefit by being instructed by a faculty chefs who have allowed The Italian Institute for Advanced Culinary Arts to become the center of culinary information in Italy through its' vast resources.
• Learn from Respected Master Chefs:
Master Chef John Nocita leads a faculty of more than 20 of Europe's most renowned Culinary and Pastry Masters.
Taught in English and Italian:
• Master of Italian Cuisine (3 months, full immersion)
• The Evolution of Italian Cuisine (2 weeks, full immersion)
• Traditional Italian Charcuterie: Curing Meats, Sausage Making & Artisanal Salumi (1 week full immersion)
• Foundation of Italian Regional Cuisine: Curing, Pickling & Sun-drying (1 week, full immersion)
• Italian Culinary Exploration (1 week, Gourmet cooking course, full immersion)
• Advanced Mediterranean Cuisine (1 week, full immersion)
• Pastry, Desserts & Specialty Breads (1 week, full immersion)
• Artisan Italian Gelato: Ice Cream Making Technique & Production (1 week, full immersion)
• Artisan Italian Cheese Making (1 week, full immersion)
Each program includes quality hotel accommodation, meals with wine, course materials, culinary travel, market visits, and more, including special dinners in the regions' finest restaurants!
• Uniquely positioned between three Azure coastlines - the Tyrrhenian, Ionian, and Mediterranean - the region of Calabria is often referred to as the real Italy.
• Located in the heart of the Mediterranean Sea, sports enthusiasts and beachgoers delight in the longest and whitest stretches of public beaches in Europe as well as rich jagged mountain systems traversed with rivers and lakes of enchanting beauty.
• Our programs are based in Copanello, 5 minutes from the seaside town of Soverato, Calabria. Soverato is a town (and township) with a string of charming villages along white beaches. Cultural excursions and travel take place in the surrounding towns, villages and cities including Sicily - just 90 minutes to the south.
Nearby International Airport!
We are conveniently located just 45 minutes from Lamezia Terme International Airport (Airport Code: SUF) where a private motorcoach is arranged (free of charge) to take you to our hotel.
• "Hands down! The best place to learn and develop yourself as a chef and at the same time enjoy the southern hospitality and more importantly the best ingredients I've ever seen in the world!!"
Siddhanth Sawkar - India
• "Life changing experience. They approach all culinary endeavors paying due respect to the ingredients being used"
Mark Wadhwani, Washington - USA
• "I found my time at ICI very motivating and engaging. The teaching was always pacey, well structured and intensely informative. The level is pitched at students who wanted to seriously grow and develop not for those who might just want to ‘get by on the basics’. "
Nicole Dunphy (The Evolution of Italian Cuisine) Owner, Pandora Bell, Limerick, Ireland
• "Attending the ICI was one of the best decisions you will ever make. Not only will you experience and learn regional Italian cuisine at its finest, you will learn how to taste and work with some of the best raw ingredients in the world..."
Carmen Ricciardi (Master of Italian Cuisine; Artisan Italian Gelato course) Gelatician, Chef, Master Baker, AK - USA
• "The Italian Culinary Institute was the best professional life decision that I have made. Master Chef John Nocita is a true mentor and culinary artist. ICI opened my eyes to a world of cuisine, culture and history that has shaped my culinary career."
Mark McDonald (Master of Italian Cuisine course) Chef, Owner, Sommelier: Old Vine Cafe, Costa Mesa, CA - USA
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Loc. Caminia, Copanella, Soverato, Calabria, Italy|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.