Adirondack Learning Academy - Accredited Homeschool Online Programs:
Are you searching for quality online homeschooling in the New York area? Adirondack Learning Academy (ALA) is an accredited provider of comprehensive, NCAA-approved online programs for homeschoolers in Kindergarten through 12th Grade. We teach K-12 students throughout NYC, New York State, nationwide, and internationally. Our Acellus Curriculum provides comprehensive, individualized programs to suit all students and learning styles. On successful completion of the program, high school seniors are awarded a homeschool diploma.
Many studies have found that homeschooled children outperform their peers on standardized tests. Parents cite these reasons on why they homeschool their children:
• Children get a better education at home
• Your child may be the victim of bullying, teasing, school violence, or negative peer pressure
• Poor learning environment at school
• Objections to the Common Core Curriculum
• School does not challenge the child
• Special needs and/or learning disabilities
• Participation in sports, drama, dance or gymnastics
• Enables family to travel.
Adronidack Learning Academy Benefits:
• Independent Thinking:
Homeschooled students are less likely to follow groups. They are typically independent thinkers who tend to be more mature than their peers.
• Tailored To Each Child’s Educational Needs:
Each child’s educational program is customized to meet their strengths, learning styles and interests to maximize learning.
• One-on-One Learning:
Studies have shown that the smaller the student-teacher ratio, the better the student performs. The primary benefit of homeschooling is the one-to-one student-teacher ratio. In addition, each child is assigned their own personal learning coach who monitors their progress.
• Flexible, accredited online education to meet your in-home study needs
Anytime online access that appeals to today's tech-savvy kids.
Adirondack Learning Academy is accredited by the National Independent Study Accreditation Council (NISAC).
NISAC has accredited homeschool, independent study and distance learning programs since 1997.
K-12 Homeschool Programs:
As a parent of a K-12 student, you want your child to have courses that challenge, teachers who inspire,and learning opportunities that ensure a successful future.
ALA offers a top-rated curriculum, certified teachers, a mentoring program, and college placement services.
• Online homeschool programs for kindergarten, elementary school, middle school & high school students
• Core courses, electives & and career-technical courses
• Homeschool diploma awarded on successful completion of the program
• Advanced Placement (AP) classes
• College entry assistance
• Summer classes
• Single classes
• Individualized curriculum with each student assigned their own personal learning coach
• Programs for students with special needs. They have the opportunity to receive speech therapy, occupational therapy, and physical therapy through our school.
• Access to our online courses is available 24/7
• “I have my own teacher who knows me and teaches me my courses so I always feel like I am learning. I like that I can see my teacher and ask her questions whenever I need to."
• “ALA saved me from a boring high school life so I could follow my dreams and still get an education! I like how it’s flexible and understanding with your schedule."
• “My classes work for me. If I don't understand something, my teacher can give me a different assignment. I know I am still learning but the work is not as hard for me. My teacher took the time to get to know me and how I like to learn. She listened to me so I would not be frustrated with school.”
• "Adirondack Learning Academy (ALA) is an accredited home school program that has a wonderful learning environment which has been a great experience for our son. Because of a chronic medical condition, we moved our son from a NYC public high school and enrolled him into ALA’s homeschool program. He started with the home school program during his first year of high school and has been enrolled ever since.
Although ALA’s curriculum is challenging, our son is able to work on and complete his coursework at his own pace. We are also very pleased with the director and our son’s advisor because they are patient and are willing to work with you. The director has been very helpful especially with regards to DOE issues and quarterly reporting. Our son’s advisor been very patient and helpful and responds quickly to any questions my son may have regarding his coursework.
We are very pleased with Adirondack Learning Academy (ALA) and we know our son will succeed academically because they sincerely care about their students and they want them to succeed."
- Courses / Programs
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2022 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.