The Ingenium Academy International Music Summer School:
Located just one hour south-west of London and its international airports, The Ingenium Academy provides residential summer music courses in July and August for young musicians (ages 14-18) from all over the world. Our 1, 2 and 3-week programmes take place in the beautiful and historic city of Winchester, and aim to provide a specialised musical education of the highest calibre combined with an immersive cultural experience for talented teenage instrumentalists and singers. Our international summer music camp offers seven exceptional programmes (Orchestral, Piano, Chamber Music, Saxophone, Vocal, Composition, and Conducting programmes), as well as a range of vocal and musical workshops in classical music, opera, jazz, pop and gospel.
International Summer Music Camp - Join us for a musical and educational experience you will never forget!
A typical week at the Ingenium Academy is packed with rehearsals, sectionals, workshops, day trips and fun evening activities.
Summer Musical Programmes for 14-18 Year Old Musicians:
• With a varied programme of workshops, masterclasses, daily ensemble and solo tuition, our piano course is for young pianists who wish to develop and improve all aspects of their playing as well as gain ensemble playing experience.
• Taught by esteemed professors who are themselves professional musicians, students will play a challenging, exciting, and varied repertoire of all genres for solo performance as well as duets, six hands and two piano arrangements.
• They will also interact with our instrumental and vocal students to rehearse and perform chamber music.
Professors will cover piano-specific topics including:
Keyboard skills; Sight reading; Repertoire; Composition and improvisation; Accompaniment
• Our summer saxophone camp is designed for young saxophonists who love to play any of the different types of saxophone.
• With solo and ensemble tuition provided daily, students can develop and improve all aspects of their playing.
• They will also gain performance experience, having the opportunity to perform in quartets and ensembles, as well as with students studying on other programmes at Ingenium.
• Students will explore the capabilities of their instrument while discovering new repertoire and styles. They will also have the opportunity to expand their knowledge of all periods and styles of music, from Baroque to Minimalism to Jazz.
Professors will cover saxophone-specific topics including:
Composition; Improvisation; Repertoire (Classical and Jazz); Sight reading; Style; Technique
• In this course, our orchestral and chamber ensembles take on various challenging programmes of music from a wide range of composers covering several genres.
• We ensure that students gain a deep understanding of these musical styles through the guidance of some of the UK's top conductors and leaders.
• Each day, students will warm up as a whole school before rehearsing with the orchestra, playing an exciting and varied repertoire covering several genres.
• Students will undertake masterclasses and learn about the life of a professional musician.
• Students will have several opportunities to perform in both informal and formal recitals, weekly concerts, and masterclasses.
• They will also have the opportunity to perform a concerto with an outstanding professional.
Summer Chamber Music Programme:
• This unique course is for musicians with a passion for small ensemble playing under the guidance of some of the UK’s foremost chamber music specialists.
• In this programme, students explore a range of challenging music in depth, focusing on ensemble technique in an immersive and collaborative environment.
• Our specialized tutors will assist students in developing essential ensemble skills such as tuning and intonation, communication, dynamics and phrasing.
• In addition to rehearsing in ensembles, our chamber students receive individual lessons and participate in a broad range of musicianship workshops.
Summer Composition Programme:
• This course is designed for for composers of all levels with a passion for writing and discovering new music
• The course includes one-to-one sessions and group workshops where students can share their ideas. Our composers will have access to an individual practice room to work on their compositions.
• Tutors cover topics including style, instrumentation, theme and structure, as well as specific techniques such as harmony and counterpoint.
• Our diverse vocal programme is for 14-18 year olds who love to sing, are keen to develop their choral technique, improve their ensemble singing and explore a diverse range of vocal styles.
• Ingenium choral students begin every morning with a comprehensive breathing and vocal warm up in preparation for the day.
• Under the guidance of sectional tutors and voice specialists, students then rehearse with the main concert choir, singing a challenging and exciting repertoire of all genres.
• In addition to singing in the main choir, students have the opportunity to form their own smaller vocal groups such as a chamber choir, gospel choir, show choir or contemporary a cappella group, as well as taking part in masterclasse and receiving individual singing lessons.
• There will be several opportunities each week to learn and perform in formal and informal recitals.
Vocal workshops include:
Ear training and harmonising; Music awareness, performance skills and interpretation; Music theory, composition and arranging; Vocal technique and health; Gospel choir; Jazz singing, improvisation and performance; Beatboxing and vocal percussion.
• The conducting programme is offered as two separate weeks - the first week designed for those with a modest amount of experience, and the second for more advanced students with a considerable amount of experience. Students may attend the two weeks consecutively.
• With students receiving daily individual and group tuition, this comprehensive programme comprises all of the essential performance and rehearsal aspects for young conductors.
• Throughout the week, students will have the chance to spend time both observing and contributing to rehearsals with the Ingenium Academy orchestra/choir.
• In addition to working with smaller chamber ensembles, they will also have the opportunity to conduct part of a live rehearsal.
• During the summer programme, conducting students will have the rare opportunity to attend "question and answer" sessions with professional orchestral players, to learn from their perspective about the best forms of direction and communication for each instrument group.
Professors will cover conducting-specific topics including:
Score reading and preparation; Baton technique; Controlling, shaping and phrasing; Musical analysis and history; Rehearsal technique; Rehearsal experience
Cultural Day Trips and Activities:
• Our three-week, fun-filled itinerary also includes a wide range of evening activities and day trips to some of the UK's top cultural destinations.
• Evening activities include talent shows, movie nights, team games, quiz nights, discos, and barbeques.
• Every Sunday afternoon is an activity afternoon. Sunday afternoon activities may include: team sports, swimming, tennis, English language booster lessons or arts and crafts.
•Day trips include a visit to the prehistoric monument of Stonehenge and the city of London, where students can experience The Houses of Parliament, Buckingham Palace, The Tower of London, Madame Tussauds, The Crown Jewels, The London Eye, and a West End Show.
• Other fun days out include a trip to the south coast of England, a theme park, and visits to the beautiful towns of Salisbury and Guildford.
Student / Parent Reviews:
“The Ingenium experience was exactly what I was looking for in ways to make progress, in all aspects. I felt so enlightened after the Academy because I came out feeling happier with myself and my effort. Ingenium helped hard work pay off in the way it should."
• Isabella, Vocal Student, 16, UK
“The teachers were all very kind, I enjoyed each lesson with them! I felt like they really loved their job, and the only thing they wanted was to help us; so I felt free to ask them anything I wanted to make sure about.”
• Eléonore, Piano Student, 14, France
"I loved all the workshops, especially the improvisation, gospel and beatbox workshops "
• Clara, Piano Student, 16, Spain
“Musically, the experience was very motivating for Isabel. She has improved her playing and broadened her musical appreciation.”
• Melanie, Parent, UK
“A blend of music and social activities in a magical location. Keep up the great work - one of the best courses I've come across (and I work in the field as a professional musician).”
• Mike, Parent, UK
|Address: Winchester, Hampshire, England , UK & England|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.