Music Schools UK: Music lessons in London, Sound engineering courses, music technology colleges, Recording arts degree, diploma, certificate programmes, music lessons in England, guitar classes, violin lessons, learn to play piano, singing teachers
The London School of Sound (LSS) is an Apple Authorized Training Centre offering music production courses, sound engineering courses and dj courses, one-to-one training and an audio engineering diploma. Our Apple Certified Pro Apps Training Programme is recognised by every other Apple Training Centre in the world.
London School of Sound is accredited by ASIC (Accreditation Service for International Colleges) and can accept students from all over the world under the new tier4 point-based system.
- Music Production Diploma (2 Years)
- Music Production Professional Certificate (1 Year)
- Music Production Foundation Certificate (4 Months)
- Single-term intensive courses
- Short Courses
- Apple Certified Pro
- Summer Courses
- Customized courses
- DJ courses
- One-to-one training
The Academy of Music & Sound is the South of England's leading instrument specific music school. Located in Southampton (75 miles south west of London), we offer Business and Technology Education Council (BTEC) Apprenticeship, Diploma and Degree courses for teens and adults from 16 years. We also give our students the opportunity to complete a professional qualification with Pro Tools 101 Certification. BTEC courses are fully Government Funded for 16-18's. Degree course fees can be paid through Student Finance.
At the Academy of Music & Sound, you will learn from musicians who teach and not just music teachers. There is a big difference! We draw from a huge network of musicians from around the country and are very careful to place the right people in front of our students. They all need to have technical excellence, varied and valuable musical experience as well as the correct academic qualifications and communications skills to deliver our demanding curriculum.
Other UK locations include Exeter in Devon, Birmingham in the West Midlands, Glasgow & Edinburgh in Scotland, Swindon in Wiltshire, Gateshead in Tyne and Wear, and Hitchin in Hertfordshire.
3.Language and Music For Life, Summer Music Camps in UK
Courses / Programs
• Founded in 1997, Language and Music for Life (LMFL) offers a unique 2-week summer music and language courses for British & international students in Wales, UK.
• LMFL provides quality one-to-one training in a wide range of instruments & voice tuition to highly-motivated musicians of all ages (children aged 5+, teenagers & adults). In addition, we offer English and foreign language classes in private lessons or small groups.
• Designed primarily for highly motivated musicians with a level of musical knowledge enabling them to derive maximum benefit from high quality tuition, the course is open to musicians preparing for national, international exams or competitions, skilled amateurs and "tourist musicians".
• Our Summer Courses 2022 will be hosted by Llandovery College, a co-educational day and boarding school in Carmarthenshire, Wales (Approximately 312km from London, 140km from Bristol and 133km from Birmingham. The closest international airport is Cardiff International Airport, just 45 miles away, with direct flights from major cities in UK & Europe).
• During the course, students can take world-recognized Trinity College London exams.
• Trinity College London provides exams & qualifications in over 60 countries, and LMFL provides our students with the opportunity to take Trinity College music qualifications.
• We will also offer a music camp in the south of France in summer 2022 for adults & teens (17+) at advanced level or professional musicians.
4.The Ingenium Academy International Music Summer School - Online for Summer 2020
Courses / Programs
• The Ingenium Academy is going online this summer! Virtual Ingenium Summer Music Academy Summer 2020: 19 July to 9 August for high school students & young adults aged 13 to 21. Choose from 6 exceptional week-long programmes and experience online one-to-one lessons with top musicians.
• Located just one hour south-west of London, The Ingenium Academy provides annual residential summer music courses for young musicians from all over the world.
• Our 1, 2 and 3-week programmes in summer 2021 will again take place in the beautiful and historic city of Winchester, and aim to provide a specialised musical education of the highest calibre combined with an immersive cultural experience for talented teenage instrumentalists and singers.
• Seven exceptional musical programmes are offered at our international summer music camp: Orchestral, Piano, Saxophone, Vocal, Composition, Chamber Music, and Conducting programmes.
• The heart of The Ingenium Academy lies within our distinguished faculty, which comprises some of the UK's finest teachers and musicians with extremely high standards of musicianship and expertise.
• Within our environment of creative excellence, you will experience exclusive tuition from world-renowned musicians, performances in top British venues and the opportunity to meet like-minded friends from all over the world.
Student Review / Testimonial: "The Ingenium Academy was amazing, unforgettable and incredible - the happiest three weeks of my life!" - Anna, Cello Student, UK
Delivering creative media courses since 1976. SAE Institute is where a career in Sound / Audio Engineering, Music Production, Digital Filmmaking, Web Development, 3D / Interactive Animation and Games Programming begins.
With 54 campuses in 26 countries, in the United Kingdom SAE Institute has 4 campuses in London, Liverpool, Glasgow, and the world headquarters in Oxford.
Our approach to creative media education recognises the importance of the practical and technological ability of our graduates together with the need to be familiar with the high-octane nature of the creative industries. This is reflected by our programmes not following the traditional academic year, in essence we don’t have the long holidays.
It allows a 3 year degree to be completed in 2 years with a focus on practical skills that enables our graduates to have the familiarity, drive, confidence and ‘can do’ attitude that sets them apart.
Southampton Solent University located one hour from London in the South of England is one of the UK's newest universities offering a Bachelor of Science (BSc) Honours Degree Course in Sound Engineering to UK and International Students. Our Sound Engineering course aims to blend production and performance creativity with sound business knowledge, giving you a skill set that few other Music degrees offer. This will give you a much-needed edge in an industry that is notoriously hard to break in to.
Over the last decade graduates from our Sound Engineering Degree course have secured employment in a wide range of sound engineering appointments in almost every area of the media and entertainment industry. Big name employers include Abbey Road Studios, Dolby Laboratories, Pinewood Studios, G-Cap Media, BBC, ITV, Formula 1, SSL Audio and Twickenham Film Studios.
Southampton Solent University is located in the heart of Southampton, on the South Coast of England, just over an hour by train to London and within easy distance of Bournemouth, Portsmouth and Winchester. Its location makes it easy to travel to Europe either by ferry or from the city's airport at Eastleigh.
BSc (Hons) Degree in Sound Engineering - Course Content:
- Audio Studio Recording
- Video Production
- Media Electronics
- Digital Audio
- Light and Sound
- Audio and Video Technology
- Sound Design
- Project Preparation
- Electronic Applications
- Media Computing
- Media Formats
- Audio Systems
- Audio Post Production
- Technology Project
- Transmission and Networking
- Outside Broadcasting
- Digital Broadcasting
- Film And Video Technology
- Audio Systems Design
- Communication Signal Processing
7.Point Blank Music Production and Sound Engineering School, UK
Courses / Programs
Point Blank is an award winning music production school located in Islington in the inner city area of London. We offer in-house and online music technology training, including a 2 year diploma course in music production and sound engineering. We also offer specialist certificate courses in Ableton Live, Logic Pro, Cubase and a short intensive course in Reason for beginners among many other courses.
Courses include round the clock support and unlimited access to the studio facilities for all of our students. All of our music courses are taught by music industry professionals with a wealth of experience. A music course at Point Blank in London ensures that you receive professional, practical training and earn a recognised qualification. You will be in the perfect location to start networking and making useful music industry contacts.
Manchester MIDI School is a music production school delivering the finest online and on-site courses in music production, DJing, sound engineering and individual training available in the UK today. Our music production courses are designed for anyone wishing to learn and master sound engineering, music production, and remixing techniques from a DJ making beats and tunes for their set on the part-time DJ course through to an aspiring music producer learning remixing tricks and sound engineering on our Industry recognised Steinberg Diploma Course.
- 12 Month Diploma
- 9 Month Diploma
- Free Production Taster
- Dance Music Production
- Logic 101
- Bassment DJ Course
- Taster DJ Course
- Ableton Live
- Dance Music Business
- Scratch Lab
- 1 on 1 Training
MusicEverything, located in London, England, is one of the leading companies for delivering cutting edge and professional music production, sound engineering and DJ training courses in the UK. We have two branches which are located in Central London and South London with plenty of parking possibilities nearby. We are respected for providing exceptional individual training that is productive, relaxed and exciting.
We have been training people from all over the world since 1999 and our talented and experienced tutors and specialists have worked in the music industry for over 15 years as producers, remixers, engineers and dj's.
Quantize Music Production is a London based course that focuses on bespoke, one to one training, centered around Ableton Live. The courses are designed to identify and focus on the unique goals of each individual, concentrating on specific areas that will improve both creativity and musical output. Additional there is a focus on Workflow, Motivation and Inspiration with the aim of increasing students productivity and most importantly enjoyment of the music making process.
The two day course targets key areas of music production and is primarily created for students with little or no experience who want to learn all aspects of production from the initial conception of an idea right through to he mixing and mastering phase. Students are welcome to bring their own tracks to work on, create a new track from the ground up or disect any of the tutors released material for ideas, tips and techniques. The tutor, Keith Mills has 13 years experience working within the electronic dance music industry and is currently enjoying success with his productions as one half of MIDI:09.
Courses / Programs:
Outline for 2 day beginner course:
- Introduction to Ableton Live
- Analysing a genre
- Creating interesting drum loops and grooves
- Methods for creating a bassline
- Creating pads and lead lines
- Recording sounds into a computer
- MIDI vs Audio
- Synthesis techniques
- Sampling techniques
- Building an arrangement
- Applying Effects
- Compression Techniques
- Mixing & Mastering
- Examining and improving workflow
- Finding Inspiration