Music Schools UK: Music lessons in London, Sound engineering courses, music technology colleges, Recording arts degree, diploma, certificate programmes, music lessons in England, guitar classes, violin lessons, learn to play piano, singing teachers
Benslow Music Trust, located in the attractive market town of Hitchin, Hertfordshire, in the East of England, is a music school offering Residential and Day Courses for Amateur Musicians. Classical, jazz, light music, early music and the rest - Benslow has something to offer all amateur musicians of whatever age or ability. Our year-round programme of day music courses, residential music courses, summer music schools, seminars and concerts, given by renowned professional musicians in a relaxed, friendly and uniquely supportive atmosphere, educates and inspires thousands of predominantly adult course participants each year.
The London School of Sound (LSS) is an Apple Authorized Training Centre offering music production courses, sound engineering courses and dj courses, one-to-one training and an audio engineering diploma. Our Apple Certified Pro Apps Training Programme is recognised by every other Apple Training Centre in the world.
London School of Sound is accredited by ASIC (Accreditation Service for International Colleges) and can accept students from all over the world under the new tier4 point-based system.
- Music Production Diploma (2 Years)
- Music Production Professional Certificate (1 Year)
- Music Production Foundation Certificate (4 Months)
- Single-term intensive courses
- Short Courses
- Apple Certified Pro
- Summer Courses
- Customized courses
- DJ courses
- One-to-one training
3.Language and Music For Life, Summer Music Camps in UK
Courses / Programs
• Founded in 1997, Language and Music for Life (LMFL) offers unique 2-week or 3-week summer music and language courses in Llandovery in south-west Wales, UK for British & international students.
• LMFL provides quality one-to-one training in a wide range of instruments & voice tuition to highly-motivated musicians of all ages (children aged 5+, teenagers & adults). In addition, we offer English and foreign language classes in private lessons or small groups.
• Designed primarily for highly motivated musicians with a level of musical knowledge enabling them to derive maximum benefit from high quality tuition, the course is open to musicians preparing for national, international exams or competitions, skilled amateurs and "tourist musicians".
• During the course, students can take world-recognized Trinity College London exams.
• Trinity College London provides exams & qualifications in over 60 countries, and LMFL provides our students with the opportunity to take Trinity College music qualifications.
• Summer Courses 2021 will be hosted by Llandovery College, a co-educational, private day and boarding school in Carmarthenshire in south-west Wales (approx. 312km from London, 140km from Bristol & 133km from Birmingham. The closest international airport is Cardiff International Airport, just 45 miles away, with direct flights from major cities in UK & Europe).
• We will also offer a music camp in Italy in summer 2021 for adults & teens (17+) at advanced level or professional musicians.
4.The Ingenium Academy International Music Summer School - Online for Summer 2020
Courses / Programs
• The Ingenium Academy is going online this summer! Virtual Ingenium Summer Music Academy Summer 2020: 19 July to 9 August for high school students & young adults aged 13 to 21. Choose from 6 exceptional week-long programmes and experience online one-to-one lessons with top musicians.
• Located just one hour south-west of London, The Ingenium Academy provides annual residential summer music courses for young musicians from all over the world.
• Our 1, 2 and 3-week programmes in summer 2021 will again take place in the beautiful and historic city of Winchester, and aim to provide a specialised musical education of the highest calibre combined with an immersive cultural experience for talented teenage instrumentalists and singers.
• Seven exceptional musical programmes are offered at our international summer music camp: Orchestral, Piano, Saxophone, Vocal, Composition, Chamber Music, and Conducting programmes.
• The heart of The Ingenium Academy lies within our distinguished faculty, which comprises some of the UK's finest teachers and musicians with extremely high standards of musicianship and expertise.
• Within our environment of creative excellence, you will experience exclusive tuition from world-renowned musicians, performances in top British venues and the opportunity to meet like-minded friends from all over the world.
Student Review / Testimonial: "The Ingenium Academy was amazing, unforgettable and incredible - the happiest three weeks of my life!" - Anna, Cello Student, UK
The London Flute School is an exciting 5-day non-residential holiday Flute Course in London for players of all standards and ages. It is held once a year in the October half term. It is held at The Hall School in Swiss Cottage, London NW3 4NU. Book for the whole 5-day course or book for any individual day.
Past tutors have included Rachel Brown, Mike Mower, Wissam Boustany, Andy Findon, Camilla Hoitenga, Simon Gilliver, Abigail Burrows, Jean-Paul Wright and Jaqueline Vann. The course is organised and run by flautists Janna Hüneke and Kate Grace.
There will be parallel classes for different standards. We feel that all standards of flute-player can benefit from the masterclasses and talks, but some younger children will benefit more from taking classes tailored to their age-group and standard.
• Individual lessons
• Mock Audition Classes - (especially useful for those applying for music college auditions this year)
• Warm-up / technical sessions
• Improvisation Workshop
• Chamber groups for all
• Dalcroze/ Feldenkrais workshops and talk on performance nerves
• Just Flutes music shop stand; try flutes, buy music etc
• Specialist repair person on site to do minor repairs
Quantize Music Production is a London based course that focuses on bespoke, one to one training, centered around Ableton Live. The courses are designed to identify and focus on the unique goals of each individual, concentrating on specific areas that will improve both creativity and musical output. Additional there is a focus on Workflow, Motivation and Inspiration with the aim of increasing students productivity and most importantly enjoyment of the music making process.
The two day course targets key areas of music production and is primarily created for students with little or no experience who want to learn all aspects of production from the initial conception of an idea right through to he mixing and mastering phase. Students are welcome to bring their own tracks to work on, create a new track from the ground up or disect any of the tutors released material for ideas, tips and techniques. The tutor, Keith Mills has 13 years experience working within the electronic dance music industry and is currently enjoying success with his productions as one half of MIDI:09.
Courses / Programs:
Outline for 2 day beginner course:
- Introduction to Ableton Live
- Analysing a genre
- Creating interesting drum loops and grooves
- Methods for creating a bassline
- Creating pads and lead lines
- Recording sounds into a computer
- MIDI vs Audio
- Synthesis techniques
- Sampling techniques
- Building an arrangement
- Applying Effects
- Compression Techniques
- Mixing & Mastering
- Examining and improving workflow
- Finding Inspiration
Based in West Sussex in the UK, Think Space Education provides a range of quality online music training courses in fields that include film music, orchestration, music theory and music technology. Courses are affordable and flexible with downloadable materials and a wealth of online support. Think Space tutors are working professionals and provide valuable insight and experience in the industry.
Think Space is all about providing affordable and flexible online courses tutored by working professionals. We give you real-work practical training, equipping you with the skills you need either to enter the industry or simply for the satisfaction of maximising your musical potential.
Think Space have 15 years of experience in music training and are accredited by the Open and Distance Learning Council in the UK.
8.Institute Of Contemporary Music Performance, London
Courses / Programs
The Institute of Contemporary Music Performance is internationally recognised as one of Europe’s leading independent schools of modern music.
Located in London and established over a quarter of a century ago, we have been developing and delivering cutting-edge courses to students of contemporary music for longer than any other UK-based school. Our reputation has been built on developing and providing world-class education and training using the very best tutors and state-of-the-art facilities.
We offer a range of professional courses including a Masters degree, Bachelors degrees in Popular Music Performance, Creative Musicianship, Songwriting, and Music Business, a fully-funded one-year Diploma, a specialist one-year Higher Diploma, plus a wide portfolio of part-time courses and summer schools designed to meet a variety of training needs for guitarists, bass players, drummers, vocalists, songwriters and aspiring music business executives and entrepreneurs.
Manchester MIDI School is a music production school delivering the finest online and on-site courses in music production, DJing, sound engineering and individual training available in the UK today. Our music production courses are designed for anyone wishing to learn and master sound engineering, music production, and remixing techniques from a DJ making beats and tunes for their set on the part-time DJ course through to an aspiring music producer learning remixing tricks and sound engineering on our Industry recognised Steinberg Diploma Course.
- 12 Month Diploma
- 9 Month Diploma
- Free Production Taster
- Dance Music Production
- Logic 101
- Bassment DJ Course
- Taster DJ Course
- Ableton Live
- Dance Music Business
- Scratch Lab
- 1 on 1 Training
Situated just two minutes from the beach in Brighton, East Sussex on the south coast of England, Brighton Institute of Modern Music (BIMM) provides a range of fully-accredited, intensive music courses in for students who are committed to a career in music or the music industry.
We offer a range of music degrees and diplomas, music production classes and music business courses, as well as music teacher training courses for Higher and Further Education. Specializations include guitar, bass, drums, vocals and songwriting. We also provide two dedicated summer school courses for developing musicians ages 11+.
BIMM provides a springboard into the world of contemporary music through an education experience that explores technique, music culture, artistry, technology and business, thoroughly and creatively, to enable every student to define realistic career goals in order to achieve excellence and reward in their chosen path.
All BIMM tutors are music industry professionals, who are also dedicated teachers. They teach at BIMM because of their commitment to music education. In addition to our Brighton music school, we also run schools in Manchester, Bristol, and Dublin.
Musicianship / Performance Courses:
- BA / Foundation Degree in Professional Musicianship
- Artist Development Diploma in Modern Music
(available in Guitar, Bass, Drums, Vocals & Songwriting specializations)
- BA in Music Production
- BA in Music Business
- BA in Event Management
Diploma & Certificate Courses:
- Diploma in Music Business
- Diploma in Live Sound & Tour Production
- Diploma in Live Sound Engineering & Tour Management
- Post-grad Certificate in Further & Higher Music Education