Music Schools UK: Music lessons in London, Sound engineering courses, music technology colleges, Recording arts degree, diploma, certificate programmes, music lessons in England, guitar classes, violin lessons, learn to play piano, singing teachers
The London Flute School is an exciting 5-day non-residential holiday Flute Course in London for players of all standards and ages. It is held once a year in the October half term. It is held at The Hall School in Swiss Cottage, London NW3 4NU. Book for the whole 5-day course or book for any individual day.
Past tutors have included Rachel Brown, Mike Mower, Wissam Boustany, Andy Findon, Camilla Hoitenga, Simon Gilliver, Abigail Burrows, Jean-Paul Wright and Jaqueline Vann. The course is organised and run by flautists Janna Hüneke and Kate Grace.
There will be parallel classes for different standards. We feel that all standards of flute-player can benefit from the masterclasses and talks, but some younger children will benefit more from taking classes tailored to their age-group and standard.
• Individual lessons
• Mock Audition Classes - (especially useful for those applying for music college auditions this year)
• Warm-up / technical sessions
• Improvisation Workshop
• Chamber groups for all
• Dalcroze/ Feldenkrais workshops and talk on performance nerves
• Just Flutes music shop stand; try flutes, buy music etc
• Specialist repair person on site to do minor repairs
Benslow Music Trust, located in the attractive market town of Hitchin, Hertfordshire, in the East of England, is a music school offering Residential and Day Courses for Amateur Musicians. Classical, jazz, light music, early music and the rest - Benslow has something to offer all amateur musicians of whatever age or ability. Our year-round programme of day music courses, residential music courses, summer music schools, seminars and concerts, given by renowned professional musicians in a relaxed, friendly and uniquely supportive atmosphere, educates and inspires thousands of predominantly adult course participants each year.
3.Language and Music For Life, Summer Music Camps in UK
Courses / Programs
• Founded in 1997, Language and Music for Life (LMFL) offers a unique 2-week summer music and language courses for British & international students in Wales, UK.
• LMFL provides quality one-to-one training in a wide range of instruments & voice tuition to highly-motivated musicians of all ages (children aged 5+, teenagers & adults). In addition, we offer English and foreign language classes in private lessons or small groups.
• Designed primarily for highly motivated musicians with a level of musical knowledge enabling them to derive maximum benefit from high quality tuition, the course is open to musicians preparing for national, international exams or competitions, skilled amateurs and "tourist musicians".
• Our Summer Courses 2023 will be hosted by Llandovery College, a co-educational day and boarding school in Carmarthenshire, Wales (Approximately 312km from London, 140km from Bristol and 133km from Birmingham. The closest international airport is Cardiff International Airport, just 45 miles away, with direct flights from major cities in UK & Europe).
• During the course, students can take world-recognized Trinity College London exams.
• Trinity College London provides exams & qualifications in over 60 countries, and LMFL provides our students with the opportunity to take Trinity College music qualifications.
• We will also offer a music camp in Florence, Italy in summer 2023 for adults & teens (17+) at advanced level or professional musicians.
4.The Ingenium Academy International Music Summer School - Online for Summer 2022
Courses / Programs
• The Ingenium Academy is going online this summer! Virtual Ingenium Summer Music Academy Summer 2022: 19 July to 9 August for high school students & young adults aged 13 to 21. Choose from 6 exceptional week-long programmes and experience online one-to-one lessons with top musicians.
• Located just one hour south-west of London, The Ingenium Academy provides annual residential summer music courses for young musicians from all over the world.
• Our 1, 2 and 3-week programmes in summer 2023 will again take place in the beautiful and historic city of Winchester, and aim to provide a specialised musical education of the highest calibre combined with an immersive cultural experience for talented teenage instrumentalists and singers.
• Seven exceptional musical programmes are offered at our international summer music camp: Orchestral, Piano, Saxophone, Vocal, Composition, Chamber Music, and Conducting programmes.
• The heart of The Ingenium Academy lies within our distinguished faculty, which comprises some of the UK's finest teachers and musicians with extremely high standards of musicianship and expertise.
• Within our environment of creative excellence, you will experience exclusive tuition from world-renowned musicians, performances in top British venues and the opportunity to meet like-minded friends from all over the world.
Student Review / Testimonial: "The Ingenium Academy was amazing, unforgettable and incredible - the happiest three weeks of my life!" - Anna, Cello Student, UK
Quantize Music Production is a London based course that focuses on bespoke, one to one training, centered around Ableton Live. The courses are designed to identify and focus on the unique goals of each individual, concentrating on specific areas that will improve both creativity and musical output. Additional there is a focus on Workflow, Motivation and Inspiration with the aim of increasing students productivity and most importantly enjoyment of the music making process.
The two day course targets key areas of music production and is primarily created for students with little or no experience who want to learn all aspects of production from the initial conception of an idea right through to he mixing and mastering phase. Students are welcome to bring their own tracks to work on, create a new track from the ground up or disect any of the tutors released material for ideas, tips and techniques. The tutor, Keith Mills has 13 years experience working within the electronic dance music industry and is currently enjoying success with his productions as one half of MIDI:09.
Courses / Programs:
Outline for 2 day beginner course:
- Introduction to Ableton Live
- Analysing a genre
- Creating interesting drum loops and grooves
- Methods for creating a bassline
- Creating pads and lead lines
- Recording sounds into a computer
- MIDI vs Audio
- Synthesis techniques
- Sampling techniques
- Building an arrangement
- Applying Effects
- Compression Techniques
- Mixing & Mastering
- Examining and improving workflow
- Finding Inspiration
6.Point Blank Music Production and Sound Engineering School, UK
Courses / Programs
Point Blank is an award winning music production school located in Islington in the inner city area of London. We offer in-house and online music technology training, including a 2 year diploma course in music production and sound engineering. We also offer specialist certificate courses in Ableton Live, Logic Pro, Cubase and a short intensive course in Reason for beginners among many other courses.
Courses include round the clock support and unlimited access to the studio facilities for all of our students. All of our music courses are taught by music industry professionals with a wealth of experience. A music course at Point Blank in London ensures that you receive professional, practical training and earn a recognised qualification. You will be in the perfect location to start networking and making useful music industry contacts.
The Academy of Music & Sound is the South of England's leading instrument specific music school. Located in Southampton (75 miles south west of London), we offer Business and Technology Education Council (BTEC) Apprenticeship, Diploma and Degree courses for teens and adults from 16 years. We also give our students the opportunity to complete a professional qualification with Pro Tools 101 Certification. BTEC courses are fully Government Funded for 16-18's. Degree course fees can be paid through Student Finance.
At the Academy of Music & Sound, you will learn from musicians who teach and not just music teachers. There is a big difference! We draw from a huge network of musicians from around the country and are very careful to place the right people in front of our students. They all need to have technical excellence, varied and valuable musical experience as well as the correct academic qualifications and communications skills to deliver our demanding curriculum.
Other UK locations include Exeter in Devon, Birmingham in the West Midlands, Glasgow & Edinburgh in Scotland, Swindon in Wiltshire, Gateshead in Tyne and Wear, and Hitchin in Hertfordshire.
‘The Contemporary Music Course’ is an attractively presented high quality online music course for beginners, songwriters and arrangers. No previous qualifications are required. You'll have instant access for a year, to 130 lessons that stream instantly from the net to your computer, iPad or iPhone.
Free two day trial!!! If you are interested let us know via the form on our Contact Page.
I haven't seen anything like this style of presentation on the internet. Apart from private students globally it is being used as a college teaching resource in NZ and Australia.
"I think your website is awesome. It really gives you the feeling of being in a music school" Valerie Crawford, student - USA
"When I discovered your course - Geronimo!!!!!! Perfect timing and perfect content!!!!!! I spent four hours on it last night immediately and it is completely brilliant. The guitar and drum sections are a complete gift. Thank you so much. But it is all explained so clearly and simply. The best thing is the boost finding your course has given me and I am moving from the fear into the enjoyment which I have been searching for." Kris Yarborough, Student - U.K.
‘The Language of Music (theory)’, ‘Chords and Harmony’, ‘Voicings / Arranging 1’, ‘Basic Counterpoint’, ‘Writing for Drums’ and 'Writing for Guitar' - in production is 'Writing with a computer' (Sibelius software and Logic sequencing softwares).
9.Institute Of Contemporary Music Performance, London
Courses / Programs
The Institute of Contemporary Music Performance is internationally recognised as one of Europe’s leading independent schools of modern music.
Located in London and established over a quarter of a century ago, we have been developing and delivering cutting-edge courses to students of contemporary music for longer than any other UK-based school. Our reputation has been built on developing and providing world-class education and training using the very best tutors and state-of-the-art facilities.
We offer a range of professional courses including a Masters degree, Bachelors degrees in Popular Music Performance, Creative Musicianship, Songwriting, and Music Business, a fully-funded one-year Diploma, a specialist one-year Higher Diploma, plus a wide portfolio of part-time courses and summer schools designed to meet a variety of training needs for guitarists, bass players, drummers, vocalists, songwriters and aspiring music business executives and entrepreneurs.
Based in West Sussex in the UK, Think Space Education provides a range of quality online music training courses in fields that include film music, orchestration, music theory and music technology. Courses are affordable and flexible with downloadable materials and a wealth of online support. Think Space tutors are working professionals and provide valuable insight and experience in the industry.
Think Space is all about providing affordable and flexible online courses tutored by working professionals. We give you real-work practical training, equipping you with the skills you need either to enter the industry or simply for the satisfaction of maximising your musical potential.
Think Space have 15 years of experience in music training and are accredited by the Open and Distance Learning Council in the UK.