Safe Care Health School, Mercer County:
Study to become a Patient Care Technician, and learn skills which are required for patient care in nursing homes, hospitals, home health care facilities, and assisted living. Situated in Mercer County NJ, 5 miles east of Trenton, Safe Care Health School provides a range of quality allied healthcare and medical technology training programs - including a Certified Patient Care Technician (CPCT) course that features a 100-hour, hands-on internship.Email: Contact us belowCertified Patient Care Technician (CPCT) Program:
• Course Length: 420 hours / 4-6 months to complete
• Internship: 100 hours
• Day, evening & weekend classes available
The Patient Care Technician program is a course that is designed to provide students with theoretical and practical knowledge of key Nursing and Psychiatric skills.
In this program, students are taught the theoretical aspects of Anatomy, Physiology and Psychological of patient care, medical terminology, Asepsis and infection control, as well as medicine law and ethics.
You will be awarded a Certificate of Completion on successfully graduating from this program. In addition, you will be eligible to take the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) certification exam.
• Introduction to Patient Care
• Home Health Care
• Applied Health Applications
• Applied & Clinical EKG
• Asepsis and Infection Control
• Psychological Aspects of Patient Care
• Medical Anatomy & Physiology
• Medical Terminology (Clinical)
• Medical Law and Ethics
• CPR and First Aid
• Basic Nursing Assisting and Geriatric Care