Crossing Borders - Katy TX (Houston area) & ONLINE via Zoom video:
Due to the current public health crisis, we are now offering ONLINE English lessons for Houston-based, Texas, nation-wide and international students via Zoom video conferencing (Our students love it - adults & kids!) from the convenience of your own home. Contact us today for class details! Located in Katy TX, 30 minutes west of Downtown Houston, Crossing Borders provides quality English language classes for local adults and international students of all levels - from complete beginner to advanced. Our English courses include Intensive English, TOEFL English Exam preparation, and English Conversation classes. We offer group classes and private English lessons, which are ideal for students who need flexibility in their schedule or need to learn as quickly as possible. Private lessons can take place at our center, your home or office or other location of your choice in the West Houston area.
English Language Courses for Adults:
For beginner, intermediate & advanced learners.
• Due to the current public health crisis, we are now offering ONLINE English classes for Houston-based, Texas, nation-wide and international students via Zoom video conferencing (Our students love it - adults & kids!) from the convenience of your own home. Contact us today for class details!
General English Group Classes:
• Our English (ESL) classes for adults place an emphasis on conversation and small groups (2 to 8 students); allowing students plenty of time to practice and excel. We concentrate on English for everyday life.
• Students develop listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills with focus on pronunciation. Classes focus on building vocabulary, grammar, and communication skills that are appropriate for different cultural, work and social settings.
Intensive English Program:
• Our Intensive English classes focus on the essential building blocks for language acquisition: Grammar, Writing, Reading, Listening, Conversation, Vocabulary / Idioms, and Cultural Awareness. They are designed to help you to:
- Improve your speaking fluency
- Perfect your grammar and speech patterns
- Adapt to and prepare for real-life situations
- Organize your thoughts through writing and speaking
BEGINNER ENGLISH LEVELS:
• The beginner / elementary levels target the fundamentals necessary to learn English effectively, with an emphasis on developing the crucial foundations of written and oral communication. These English classes focus on the following key areas:
- The fundamental structure (grammar) of the English language
- Practical and applicable vocabulary words
- The basics of speaking, listening, reading, and writing in English
INTERMEDIATE ENGLISH LEVELS:
• Intermediate levels are for students who want to learn to speak English at an increased fluency and linguistic level. These English courses include the following areas of focus:
- Enhanced vocabulary
- Conversational English, including accurate pronunciation
- Critical comprehension skills in verbal and written communication
- Preparation for common academic expectations, including essay writing and note-taking
MASTER (ADVANCED) ENGLISH LEVEL:
• This course is designed for students who are fluent in the English language, but wish to improve further or are planning on attending a college or university in the United States. Students will have ample time to practice speaking English and work on proper grammar.
• On enrollment, students must complete a comprehensive English language evaluation, which measures their abilities in reading, writing, conversation, and comprehension.
• Our native-speaker instructors focus on building proficiency by using structured classroom instruction, by subject, and activities during the four hour block.
• Every day, students delve into level-appropriate textbooks, and are expected to complete homework assignments and other activities, to optimize language learning.
English Conversation Classes:
• Our English conversation classes are specifically designed for students who have achieved a level of proficiency that allows them to participate fully in a conversation-based course.
• The purpose of these classes is to develop the students’ speaking and listening skills, teach them about the local culture and customs while building their confidence. Dynamic conversation activities assist students in achieving fluency in English for everyday life.
TOEFL Exam Preparation Course:
• A standardized test to measure the English language ability of non-native speakers looking to enroll in many English-speaking colleges, universities and professional institutions in the U.S. and around the world.
• The TOEFL exam tests your ability in the key language skills of speaking, listening, reading and writing English.
• Our TOEFL Preparation Program provides the tools and practice to help you to prepare for the TOEFL test and improve your English language skills.
• Through practice tests of each sections (reading, writing, listening, and speaking), you will have all the preparation needed to perform well in the official TOEFL iBT test.
• We aim to help you to achieve a high TOEFL iBT test score and meet your academic or career goals.
Further English Proficiency Test Preparation Courses in Katy TX:
• SAT Test Preparation (A standardized test widely used for college admissions in the United States covering three main academic skills areas: Reading, Writing + Language, and Math).
• ACT Test Preparation (A national college admissions test covering four academic skills areas: English, mathematics, reading, and science reasoning).
American Pronunciation & Accent Reduction:
• A strong foreign accent can prevent you from achieving your professional or personal goals and reaching your full potential.
• Our native and expert instructors can help you to communicate with confidence, clarity and accuracy. This class requires a minimum 12-hour commitment and can only be scheduled in a private setting.
• Our classes can be customized to meet your individual needs and learning goals. Some people may need help communicating in business presentations and meetings.
• After the first class with your private instructor, he/she will customize your lessons to include American pronunciation, listening, grammar and vocabulary instruction, public speaking and presentation skills, conversation skills and more.
• Besides working with textbooks, your instructor will incorporate various learning materials. As the course progresses, the instructor will also incorporate articles and audio material tailored to your occupation or interests.
Private English Lessons for Adults & Children:
• Private English classes are a great way to get introduced to the language. For students wanting one-on-one, personalized attention, a flexible schedule or an accelerated class, private lessons are the best choice.
• Take the class at your home, your office, at a library, or at our learning center.
• These classes are tailor-made to your needs, level and style of learning. Our classes focus on correct pronunciation and vocabulary acquisition, with the goal of being able to converse, read, and write in English.
• Our experienced instructors guide you through your learning with encouragement and support.
U.S. Citizenship Classes:
Duration: 7 weeks (Saturday classes)
Objective of the classes: To teach all components necessary for the U. S. Citizenship Exam, including:
- U.S. History, Government and Geography
- Civics and Vocabulary
- Review of the N-400 Application for Naturalization (Citizenship)
Further English Courses in Katy TX:
• English courses for the entire family
• English classes for kids
• After-school English classes for elementary kids & middle school ages (7-10 & 11-14 years old)
• English tutoring for high school students
• English classes for kids & teens (weekends / Saturday)
• English summer program for kids, teens & adults
• English winter programs for kids & teens
• "Accent Reduction really helps my self confidence. It makes me pay attention to my speech of the English language. Plus, I am learning new words that I never knew before!"
"I love Crossing Borders because they have a great teachers. The classes are fun and different every day. They have classes with small groups so we have a lot opportunity to participate during the class. I highly recommend this place if you want improve your English."
For further information on any of our English classes, please email us below.
|Address: 2501 S. Mason Road, Katy, Houston, Texas 77450, USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2023 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.