Kilittaşı Schools - Bilingual Turkish / English Education:
Kilittaşı Schools offers Preschool, Kindergarten, Elementary and Middle School bilingual programs for children of dual citizenship (Turkish and other) whose families either live in Turkey or are moving back to Istanbul. Benefiting from a Dual Program, Turkish students who hold two nationalities have the advantage of studying half day Turkish curriculum and half day English curriculum. Kilittaşı Schools (KIT), with 2 locations situated on Istanbul's Asia Side in the east of the city, was established under the management of Keystone International Schools (which itself provides international education programs in English specifically for children of expat backgrounds).
• Kilittaşı Schools are situated on the Asian side of Istanbul, and are located in the same campuses as Keystone International Schools - in Camlica (Uskudar district).
• Kilittaşı Schools implement the Canadian Curriculum for all the English Language Arts, French as a second language and all of the branch lessons.
• The Turkish Ministry of National Education (MEB) curriculum is implemented for the other subject areas which are part of the Dual program.
• At Kilittaşı Schools (KIT), our goal is to provide children with a well-balanced program with the holistic approach that begins to lay foundations for a lifetime of learning.
• We focus on the complete physical, psychological & emotional wellbeing of each child, and recognize the need of a harmonious balance between academic guidance and creative expression.
On the Asian side of Istanbul
Preschool, Kindergarten, Elementary, Middle School:
- in Kucuk Camlica (central Uskudar district)
- in Dragos (Kartal district)
Dual Curriculum Program:
Kilittaşı Schools implement the Canadian Curriculum for all the English Language Arts, French as a second language and all of the branch lessons. The Turkish Ministry of National Education’s (MNE) curriculum is implemented for the other subject areas.
Students also take part in a variety of social outreach projects, environmental studies, community service activities, domestic and international trips, excursions as well as an international exchange program and school wide projects and discussions.
• KIT is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) in the USA.
• Kilittaşı Schools completed the WASC (Western Association of Schools and Colleges) accreditation process in 2018, where its institutional quality is confirmed on international platforms.
• Educational accreditation systems audit the schools’ systems’ sustainability and externally control the academic and administrative planning, practices, and evaluation on a regular basis. Candidate schools are responsible not only for one-time improvement, but also for continuous progress in systems and education.
• We have the great honor to share that our school has been officially accredited by WASC and has thus been acknowledged to be a school with international educational standards.
• KIS and KIT are candidate members of Roundsquare, a vibrant worldwide association of 200 schools from 50 countries which share a commitment to personal development and responsibility through the six pillars of Internationalism, Democracy, Environment, Adventure, Leadership and Service as part of a fundamental objective – the full and individual development of every student into a whole person. This commitment is reflected in life at Keystone International Schools – both within the curriculum and beyond the classroom.
• Kilittaşı Schools became a candidate member of Round Square Organization in the year of 2019. And, we are very proud to be a Global Member of the same organization since July, 2020.
• Being a part of this organization gives us different opportunities, such as teacher and student exchange programs, sharing good practices, access to the resource library and taking an active part in the service projects.
• At Kilittaşı Schools, we care a lot about communication with the parents and guardians. We continuously use email and social media platforms to inform parents of upcoming events and activities in our school.
• We believe that all children have the right to learn and prosper in a safe, warm and inclusive environment. We focus on the complete physical, psychological and emotional wellbeing of each child. To develop the highest potential in your child, we recognize the need of a harmonious balance between academic guidance and creative expression.
• We are aware of the interest parents have in health and nutrition when it comes to their children’s diets. At Kilittaşı Schools, we like to see it as our job to take the same amount of care as a parent would when addressing their children’s dietary needs. We believe that the best way to educate a child is to model healthy eating habits, and we are dedicated to educating students about healthy foods, choices and lifestyles. Food diversity is very important to the Kilittaşı Schools diet, which is why children will experience a wide variety of traditional Turkish as well as international food.
• All of our students are also expected to follow the code of conduct both in and outside of the school at all times.
Contact us today at Kilittaşı Schools and Keystone International Schools in Istanbul regarding the education needs of your child or family.
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Küçük Çamlıca Mahallesi, Gülhan Sok. No1/1- 1/2 PK: 34660 Üsküdar, Istanbul, Turkey|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2021 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.