International Language Institute, Washington DC:
Since 1970, the International Language Institute (ILI) has taught English to thousands of students from around the world. ILI is known for its excellent teachers and friendly atmosphere in our two schools in Washington DC & Gaithersburg, Maryland. We offer 12 levels of intensive English courses, private English lessons, preparation for TOEFL, TOEIC, GRE, GMAT, SAT, and more. ILI offers more hours of instruction + lower tuition than other ESL schools in the area. ILI is committed to providing high quality language & academic prep instruction plus the help and services our students need to study effectively in the United States. We also provide a range of foreign language classes for local students.
English Language Programs:
- For basic beginners to advanced students
- English courses during the day, in the evening, and on weekends (Saturday)
• Intensive English Courses:
ILI offers Intensive ESL classes at our two locations: Dupont Circle in Washington, DC and Gaithersburg in Maryland.
In DC, we offer 12 different levels of ESL classes, ranging from the beginner to the university level, plus TOEFL, GRE and GMAT Preparation courses.
Each class includes instruction in the following areas: Listening, Speaking, Grammar, Reading and Writing.
New classes begin officially every 4 weeks. However, a student can actually enter the program at any time. A placement test allows us to place the you at the appropriate point in a course.
• Intensive TOEFL Exam Preparation:
The intensive TOEFL Preparation class is available for students who need to take the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language.)
This two-cycle course includes intensive work on listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills, as well as strategies for testing on the computer.
Students take four mini-tests and one complete exam per cycle. When you have successfully completed this course, you will be prepared to take the official TOEFL. Enrollment in this class is limited and requires advanced English language skills.
• Semi-Intensive English + TOEFL Preparation:
The International Language Institute in Washington, DC offers a semi-intensive program in English as a Second Language in the evenings and on Saturdays.
There are six class levels, plus a TOEFL preparation class. Each level in the evening is 12 weeks (24 for TOEFL) and 20 weeks in the Saturday program (40 weeks for TOEFL).
The complete TOEFL preparation course is two sessions, but students may not need all 24 (evening) or 40 (Saturdays) weeks. Students work at gaining English proficiency so that they can reach their own academic, professional, or personal goals.
All levels include:
- Conversation and Speaking Activities
- Vocabulary Work
Further ESL Programs:
• Preparation for Standardized Educational and Professional Testing. Test preparation courses include GRE, GED, GMAT, SAT, LSAT, SSAT, PRAXIS, TOEFL, TOEIC and others. Computer Adaptive Testing preparation courses are also offered.
• Workshops in Conversation, Pronunciation and Writing
• Weekend (Saturday) English classes
• Evening English classes
• Evening TOEFL classes
• Private English lessons - Individual and customized instruction
• Special Group classes: For organizations who would like customized, professional English instruction at their place of business.
• English Homestay program - Live with an American family
• English Teacher Training: An 8-week TESOL / TEFL certificate program (120 hours)
Second / Foreign Language Programs:
• Arabic, Chinese, Farsi, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Medical Spanish classes, and more..
Student Reviews / Testimonials:
• "It has been easy for me to focus on the skills that I need in order for me to improve my English. ILI is the best location to learn English in Washington, DC. The price for classes is great and best of all; it has recreational activities after class."
• "The classes were challenging and the teachers were very helpful. I loved the after school activities!! Today the only thing that I can say is thank you to the people that made this an unforgettable experience."
|Address: 1717 Rhode Island Ave. NW, Suite 100, Washington, Dist of Columbia 20036, USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.