International Language Institute, Washington DC:
Since 1970, the International Language Institute (ILI) has taught English to thousands of students from around the world. ILI is known for its excellent teachers and friendly atmosphere in our two schools in Washington DC & Gaithersburg, Maryland. We offer 12 levels of intensive English courses, private English lessons, preparation for TOEFL, TOEIC, GRE, GMAT, SAT, and more. ILI offers more hours of instruction + lower tuition than other ESL schools in the area. ILI is committed to providing high quality language & academic prep instruction plus the help and services our students need to study effectively in the United States. We also provide a range of foreign language classes for local students.
All of our programs are accredited by ACCET, the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training.
ILI is licensed by the DC Educational Licensure Commission and is a member of
• AAIEP (American Association of Intensive English Programs)
• NFASA (Association of International Educators),
• TESOL (Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages)
• WATESOL (Washington Area Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages)
• ACTFL (American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages.)
Our team of experts has helped diplomats, businessmen, educators, and students to develop the skills necessary for leadership and intercultural understanding.
• 12 levels of Intensive English (ESL) - 25 hours per week
• 6 levels of Semi-Intensive English
• Evening English classes
• Weekend (Saturday) English classes
• Intensive TOEFL Preparation Course - includes intensive work on vocabulary, grammar, listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills, as well as strategies for testing on the computer (Evening TOEFL classes available)
• Preparation for Standardized Educational and Professional Testing. Test preparation courses include ACT, GED, GMAT, GRE, SAT, LSAT, PRAXIS, PSAT, SSAT, and others. Computer Adaptive Testing preparation courses are also offered.
• Private English lessons - Individual and customized instruction
• Special Group classes: For organizations who would like customized, professional English instruction at their place of business.
• Workshops in Conversation, Pronunciation and Writing
• ESL Teacher Training: 8-week TESOL / TEFL certificate program (120 hours)
Second / Foreign Language Programs:
• Spanish, French, Italian, German, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Arabic, Farsi, Hindi, and more.
• "I had a wonderful dream as a child to visit the United States and speak English fluently. Having been at ILI for almost a year, it has not only been a realization of my dream but also an experience from which I’ve learned a lot. I would like to show my appreciation for having the opportunity to study here."
• "I really liked the classes I took at ILI. This school helped me to improve my English and to be accepted by American University. The teachers at ILI are very educated, professional and always willing to help students."
• "I remember my first day at ILI very well. When I first arrived at ILI I only knew a few words of English. I was placed in Level 1. I worked hard to learn English and a year later I finished all the levels at ILI."
Laban, Equatorial Guinea
• "I have been studying at ILI for 8 months. I started in an intermediate level and it has been a great personal experience. I improved my speaking, reading, writing, and grammar skills."
• "Studying at ILI was one of the best experiences in my life. I enjoyed each day, I met wondeful people, and I learned a lot. I was impressed by how my speaking skills improved."
• What's the best way to learn English? 100% immersion. So why not stay with an American family while studying at ILI?
• You will experience American culture, see how Americans live, what food they cook, how they celebrate holidays, and most important of all, you will be able to practice speaking English!
• Homestay students live in comfortable houses in residential neighborhoods within normal commuting distance from ILI. Homestay includes self-serve breakfast everyday and dinner 5 days per week.
• This program is an ideal solution for our F-1 students who wish to stay with one of our selected families during their visit in the U.S. and enjoy total immersion into American living, culture and language.
• ILI is located in the capital of the US, Washington, D.C., one of the most important cities in the world. Here, there are many exciting and fascinating things to enjoy, including sightseeing, the theater, and sporting events.
• There are many beautiful buildings, museums, and monuments, as well as many fine restaurants which specialize in international cuisine.
• Our school is located steps away from the public subway system, which we call "Metro." ILI is on the Red Line of the Metro and our stop is Dupont Circle, in the center of Washington, close to banks and medical facilities, shops, and other conveniences.
• ILI organizes weekly student activities to the many museums and attractions in the capital. ILI's Foreign Student Advisor arranges monthly workshops related to the college application process. ILI offers free wireless Internet connection and a computer lab.
• The English House in Gaithersburg, Maryland is our second location in the Washington metro area for learning English as a second language. Gaithersburg is situated is in Montgomery County and only 15 miles from Washington, D.C.
• The English House has several programs, including intensive, community, evening and Saturday courses.
• English House programs are accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET). ACCET is a national accrediting agency listed by the United States Secretary of Education.
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 1717 Rhode Island Ave. NW, Suite 100, Washington, Dist of Columbia 20036, USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2021 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.