School Of Teaching ESL, Seattle WA & online:
The School of Teaching ESL (S-TESL), in partnership with Seattle Pacific University (SPU), offers the opportunity to earn an SPU Post-Bachelor's TESOL Certificate online from the comfort of your own home in the Houston TX area, throughout Texas, and nationwide. Since 1985, S-TESL has helped launch the careers of ESOL professionals who have lifetime access to the school’s employment resources. TESOL Certificates are well-recognized abroad, especially when backed by an accredited university.
Accredited Online TESOL Certificate Program:
- Duration: 120+ hours
Online courses are open to anyone anywhere in the world. We have had students from all over the U.S. and overseas locations including Canada, Brazil, Puerto Rico, Chile, the Dominican Republic, Japan, Morocco, India, and many more.
Our instructors have at least an MA degree with a minimum of 5 years experience in teacher education. In fact, several of our instructors have been with S-TESL for more than 10 years.
Key Features of S-TESL Online Classes:
- Asynchronous (no required time to be online)
- Nine modules completed over the quarter
- Firm weekly assignment due dates (usually Saturday at midnight)
- Regular feedback from the instructor
- Required Contact Time with ESOL students (1-2 hours per week) while enrolled.
- 3-6 hours of homework per week
Specific Online TESOL Courses:
• Professionalism, Advocacy, and Leadership in English Language Teaching (1 credit)
• Classroom Issues and Management in Teaching English Language Learners (3 credits)
• Foundations of English Language Teaching: Theory and Application (3 credits)
• Materials Development and Resources in English Language Teaching (3 credits)
• Introduction to Linguistics for English Language Teachers (3 credits)
• Curriculum Development for English Language Programs (3 credits)
• Focus on the Learner in English Language Teaching (3 credits)
• Reading and Writing in English Language Teaching (3 credits)
• Cultural Issues in English Language Teaching (3 credits)
• Young Learners and English Language Teaching (3 credits)
• Pronunciation in English Language Teaching (3 credits)
• Assessment of English Language Students (3 credits)
• Technology in English Language Teaching (3 credits)
• Content-based English Language Teaching (3 credits)
• Grammar in English Language Teaching (3 credits)
• Teaching English for Specific Purposes (3 credits)
Certification / Transcript:
All classes taken through the School of Teaching ESL carry credits from Seattle Pacific University and are reflected on the transcript. The transcript does not indicate that credits were earned via online classes. Seattle Pacific University is accredited by the Northwest Association for Colleges and Universities.
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.