School Of Teaching ESL, Seattle WA & online:
The School of Teaching ESL (S-TESL), in partnership with Seattle Pacific University (SPU), offers the opportunity to earn an SPU Post-Bachelor's TESOL Certificate online from the comfort of your own home in the Houston TX area, throughout Texas, and nationwide. Since 1985, S-TESL has helped launch the careers of ESOL professionals who have lifetime access to the school’s employment resources. TESOL Certificates are well-recognized abroad, especially when backed by an accredited university.
Our TESOL course earns post-bachelor’s credit from Seattle Pacific University, which many students find advantageous.
Through affiliation with Seattle Pacific University, the School of Teaching ESL is accredited by the Northwest Association for Colleges and Universities, a regional accreditation association.
Why Earn A TESOL Qualification?
- Build foundational knowledge of the theories and approaches underlying modern English language teaching.
- Develop as a professional and widen your career scope with well recognized and highly regarded credentials.
- Increase your confidence and ability in planning and execution of classroom activities, lessons, units, and courses.
- Learn practical techniques for managing English language classrooms and delivering engaging and effective instruction.
- Raise your language awareness and understanding of vocabulary, grammar, pronunciation, and discourse.
- Duration: 120 hours
Online classes work well for people who prefer the flexibility and who have contact with ESL students.
Credits earned apply to the TESOL Certificate (12 credit and 24 credit options), WA state ELL Endorsement, and may also be applied to the MA/TESOL at Seattle Pacific University.
- Assessment of English Language Students
- Classroom Issues and Management in Teaching English Language Learners
- Content-based English Language Teaching
- Cultural Issues in English Language Teaching
- Curriculum Development for English Language Programs
- Focus on the Learner in English Language Teaching
- Foundations of English Language Teaching: Theory and Application
- Grammar in English Language Teaching
- Introduction to Linguistics for English Language Teachers
- Materials Development and Resources in English Language Teaching
- Professionalism, Advocacy, and Leadership in English Language Teaching
- Pronunciation in English Language Teaching
- Reading and Writing in English Language Teaching
- Teaching English for Specific Purposes
- Technology in English Language Teaching
- Young Learners and English Language Teaching
"I would highly recommend this course I because it has definitely prepared me to teach ESL students and has taught me to look at the world through different eyes."
"This was the most challenging ESL course I’ve taken and they’ve all been very challenging. I have learned more and worked harder than ever before. Challenging, hard work, and fun."
"The courses were more relevant and helpful than any undergraduate or graduate education classes I’ve ever taken. It is very much as good as advertised."
"The course delivery was good. This was the first online course that I have taken so I was impressed how well it went between me and the instructor and my colleagues."
- Courses / Programs
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.