41.International Language Institute, Washington DC
Courses / Programs
• Located in the Dupont Circle area of central Washington DC, International Language Institute provides an accredited 8 week TESOL English teacher training Certificate course to English speaking students from around the world.
• Our 120-hour course is taught by experienced native speakers, and features 48 classroom hours alongside 72 hours of self-study, observation, and practice teaching.
• With a practical focus, our comprehensive teacher training class prepares and equips students to teach English as a Second Language in the United States or abroad.
• The course centers on practice in teaching the four basic language skills of reading, writing, speaking and listening, and the sub skills of vocabulary, pronunciation and grammar.
Located on Commonwealth Avenue in the heart of Boston MA, Boston University School of Education offers a Graduate Certificate in the Teaching of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL). Students who pursue the TESOL certificate may already hold a master's degree and do not wish to pursue another degree at this time. Some are making mid-career changes while others are already volunteering or working in this field.
Boston University's TESOL graduate program produces innovative teachers who are well versed in theoretical and applied teaching principles. Our program prepares you to work in college and adult language programs in the United States or to work for college, adult, primary, or secondary school programs abroad. Admission to our program is competitive, and international students must submit a TOEFL score for admission.
Working in partnership with Seattle Pacific University, The School of Teaching ESL (S-TESL) offers an accredited TESOL Certificate via online classes to students in the Houston TX area, throughout Texas, and nationwide.
Our online TESOL classes are asynchronous and consist of 9 modules completed over a 10 week quarter, and are designed for those who prefer the flexibility of online study.
This solid project-based program taught by highly-qualified professional teacher educators prepares you to teach in the U.S. or overseas.
Classes begin winter, spring, summer and fall quarters. Onsite study options are also available.
Student Testimonial: "This is a seasoned, well-thought out program that is taught by extremely knowledgeable and experienced instructors. I was not a teacher before the course but now I am."
Accredited Online TESOL Certificate Program (120+ hours)
Courses include: - Approaches and Methods in ELT
- Assessment of English Language Students
- Classroom Issues and Management
- Content-based English Language Teaching
- Foundations of English Language Teaching (ELT)
- Grammar in ELT
- Reading and Writing
- Teaching Young Learners
- Teaching English for Specific Purposes
- Technology in English Language Teaching..
Live and learn in the heart of vibrant Manhattan! Located in a state-of-the-art facility on Fifth Avenue, StudyCELTA provides Cambridge CELTA English teacher training to students from the U.S. and around the world.
Our internationally-accredited 4-week CELTA training course is the most frequently sought-after qualification for TEFL jobs worldwide, and features real-life English teaching practice.
Our CELTA course teaches the principles of effective teaching and a range of practical skills for teaching English to adult learners in the United States, and / or abroad.
Our tutors are highly qualified, experienced trainers in well-established teacher education centers. Our CELTA course is recognized as a Level 5 Qualification by the British Curriculum Authority, and follows an authorized syllabus.
Cambridge University CELTA English Teaching Certificate Program:
- Full-time, 4-week program
- Intensive courses taught by industry professionals
- 2-hours of teaching practice per day
CELTA Units of Learning:
- Learners and teachers, and the teaching and learning context
- Language analysis and awareness
- Language skills: reading, listening, speaking and writing
- Planning and resources for different contexts
- Developing teaching skills and professionalism
Start an exciting new career as an ESL (English as a Second Language) teacher with Ontesol! We offer internationally-recognized and accredited online TESOL / TEFL certificate and diploma courses to students in the U.S., Canada and all over the world. Our innovative online teacher training courses provide students with the skills and knowledge needed to become ESL teachers.
Ontesol was developed by Coventry House International in Toronto, the only school in North America that offers Trinity CertTESOL courses, to provide students with the flexibility of taking an internationally-recognized TESOL / TEFL course online. Our mission is to provide teachers with the latest innovative approaches, techniques, strategies, and classroom procedures in order to foster their professional development.
Located in Eau Claire County, northwestern Wisconsin, the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire provides a range of English language teacher training programs at undergraduate and graduate levels. Our TEFL and TESOL programs are designed for individuals wishing to become teachers of ESL/EFL or those who wish to become qualified to teach their subject (e.g., history, math, science, language arts/English, business, etc) to non-native English speakers.
Students at the undergraduate or graduate levels, native or non-native speakers, and/or teachers seeking additional licensure or graduate credits are welcome to apply. The University is centrally located east of Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN, west of Green Bay, WI, and northeast of Chicago, IL.
47.Division of Teacher Education at CECH, University of Cincinnati
Courses / Programs
The University of Cincinnati College of Education, Criminal Justice, and Human Services (CECH), located on the university's main campus in Cincinnati, Ohio, offers Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) programs at Certificate, Masters & Doctoral levels. All of our language programs offer specialization in either PreK-16 literacy instruction, or English as a Second Language (ESL). Programs are available online through distance learning, and on-site at our Cincinnati campus.
Our Masters Degree enables professional educators to broaden their understanding of the social, cultural, and linguistic factors that contribute to a person’s ability to read and write in a first or second language.
The Doctoral program prepares literacy professionals who will hold research and literacy education positions in universities across the country as well as for roles in local, regional, state or national educational agencies and corporations.
All programs in the School of Education meet rigorous accreditation standards of the State of Ohio and National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education.
Online & On-site Literacy & Second Language Teaching Courses:
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) General Certificate
- TESOL K-12 Endorsement (Online)
- Adult / International TESL
- Post-secondary Literacy Instruction
- PreK-12th Grade Reading Instruction
Graduate / Post-Graduate Programs:
- Literacy & Second Language Studies (Master of Education)
- Literacy & Second Language Studies (Doctor of Education)
48.Tennessee Foreign Language Institute, Nashville
Courses / Programs
Learn to teach English as a second language. Gain knowledge and skills to help you get a career in teaching overseas or locally. Tennessee Foreign Language Institute (TFLI) is located in Nashville, TN, in a thriving, multicultural community, and the "Athens of the South". We provide TESL (Teaching English as a Second Language) courses for both native and non-native English speakers.
TFLI has the unique privilege of serving this community, holding the distinction as the only state-supported language institution in the US. We have offered training in over 100 world languages since 1987.
The British Council recognizes TFLI as a reputable teaching institution, acknowledging that our coursework meets the highest standards in teacher training. Therefore, graduates of TFLI's TESL program meet the criteria to become IELTS examiners for ELS and the British Council.
- TESL Certification Course: This 150-hour program includes training in the fundamentals of Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL), with the purpose of preparing its graduates to teach ESL in a variety of classroom settings
- TESL for Non-native Speakers of English: 150-hour Teaching English as a Second Language Certificate Program
The Department of Global Studies, Sociology, and TESOL in Azusa Pacific University (APU), located in Los Angeles County, California, offers a Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) program. This graduate TESOL certification program is offered in two distinct formats: a 12-month on campus program and a field based program.
The on-campus program maintains an international focus with about half of the students coming from abroad to take classes on the Azusa campus. The field-based program is tailored to meet the needs of Christian professionals teaching abroad. Full-time teachers working outside the United States complete their degree by taking courses in an intensive, one-week format.
Azusa Pacific University receives accreditation from the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
50.International Career Institute, Online TEFL Diploma Course
Courses / Programs
• International Career Institute (ICI) is a leading, accredited distance learning school for students in Honolulu, Hawaii, across the U.S., UK, Australia & globally that offers an online TESOL (ICI Diploma) qualification course as well as courses in a wide range of other subjects and professions.
• Our online TEFL / TESOL English teacher training course will quickly provide you with the key skills you need to be a successful ESL teacher.
• ICI home study students come from the USA, Canada, Australia, UK, and elsewhere around the world. We have weekly intake dates, and you can enroll whenever you are ready.
• ICI online TESOL courses are recognised & accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC), and the International Accreditation and Recognition Council (IARC).
• ICI is a member of the College of Teachers which is the UK's professional educational institute for teachers.
Further Professional / Career Development Training Online:
• ICI offers home study courses in 34 foreign languages at various levels including: Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, Thai, Spanish, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Arabic & more.
• ICI Diploma & ICI Advanced Diploma qualifications in a wide range of careers:
Hospitality, business management, office admin, PR, marketing, sales, HR, IT / web design, fashion design, journalism, counselling & psychology, natural health / nutrition, catering, beauty therapy, makeup, pet care, & more.