Harvest English Institute, Newark, Long Branch NJ & ONLINE:
• If you are looking for a refreshing change in career, or to travel and work abroad or to earn an income teaching English online, the TESOL certification program at Harvest English Institute covers the minimum knowledge and necessary skills a teacher needs to either teach English at accredited language schools in the US or anywhere overseas.Email: Contact us below ( or request a callback ).
• With four English language schools across the USA (in Newark & Long Branch, New Jersey; Los Angeles, California; and Orlando, Florida), Harvest English Institute has been teaching English as a second language to international students in a fun, student-centered environment since 1999. The Harvest TESOL certification program is available at our ESL schools in Newark, New Jersey and Orlando, Florida (Qualifications, type of certification, and experience requirements varies from institution to institution. Contact us for details).
• Our purpose at Harvest TESOL is to create a collaborative, reflective, and supportive environment where teachers acquire and apply TESOL skills and knowledge, and become successful ESL teachers in the U.S. or abroad.
• Our TESOL certification program covers the minimum knowledge and necessary skills a teacher needs to either teach at accredited language schools in the US or abroad.
• TESOL stands for Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages, and is similar in understanding to the acronyms TEFL and TESL.
In our TESOL program, you will learn:
- How to teach English as a second Language,
- Context of teaching and learning,
- Teaching methodologies,
- Teaching Roles and styles,
- Techniques to prepare and deliver classes,
- Teaching language skills – Reading, writing, listening, and speaking,
- Language (input and output, terminology, phonology, morphology, syntax, pragmatics, and more),
- Creating and delivering grammar lessons,
- Syllabus and lesson planning,
- Assessing and testing students.
At the end of the TESOL program, you will be able to
- Discuss various theories in TESOL,
- Articulate and apply a variety of teaching methods for the English language classroom,
- Demonstrate knowledge of primary phonological, lexical, and grammatical features of English,
- Develop and apply quality lesson plans and instructional materials that address learning outcomes,
- Articulate and apply strategies for establishing and maintaining learner engagement and participation.
• The materials used in this program is 100% developed by the Harvest English Institute. When you sign up for our program, you are getting the best certified instructors and you will attend classes in one of our accredited campuses with state-of-the-art facilities.
On successfully completing the Harvest TESOL course in Newark NJ
, you will be able to teach in the U.S. (with the exception of public schools which use a different licensing process) or abroad. You can teach at any accredited and non-accredited ESL school, online, or for multiple companies.
• All candidates must hold at least a high school diploma, and be at least 18 years old.
Additional requirements for International candidates:
• International students on an F-1 visa status must be attending a full course of study at a SEVP-approved institution if they want to enroll in the TESOL certificate program.
• ESL students must have completed an Advanced ESL course and have proficiency of C1 according to the CEFR proficiency scale AND a written endorsement from a faculty member who taught the student. Alternatively, the international candidate can present a valid TOEFL score of 80 or higher or an IELTS score of 7.5 or higher.
Contact us below today regarding the course fee and next start dates.
Tuition can be made in weekly installments and discounts for full payment are available.