ESL certification in New Jersey: TEFL program in Newark, TESOL teacher training in New York metro area Accredited TEFL certificate course, get qualified to teach English abroad as a second language to adults & kids..
Oxford Seminars, New Jersey: Get certified with Oxford Seminars and join thousands of our graduates teaching English all around the world. Based on campus at Rutgers University in Newark NJ, Oxford Seminars provides a 100-hour TEFL / TESL / TESOL English teacher training Certification. Our intensive 100-hour course is a combined in-class / online program with teaching practice included. Our internationally-recognized certification course is the first step towards a career as an ESL teacher overseas.
Our TESOL/TESL/TEFL Certification Course is dynamic, interactive, and taught by experienced instructors who provide continuity in the learning process as you advance from one teaching skill to the next. Our course is taught at a first-year college level and you must be at least 18 years of age to attend. Course outline:
Day 1: The first day introduces teaching strategies and practices for effectively delivering content and material in an engaging, understandable, and memorable manner. Concepts incude:
- ESL Icebreaker Activities - ESL Warm-Up Games and Exercises - Introduction to the Course/ Materials/Assignments - Meeting the Needs of Diverse Learners in Your Classroom - The Effective Learner - The Effective Teacher
Day 2: The second day covers the latest educational and language acquisition theories, in addition to the cultural and adaptive aspects of living and teaching in a new culture. Concepts incude:
- Classroom Management Techniques - Cultural Sensitivity in the Classroom - Introduction to Educational Theory - Living and Working Abroad - Lesson Planning - Second Language Acquisition - Teaching Across Age and Proficiency Levels
Day 3: The third day focuses on how to teach speaking, listening, reading, grammar, and vocabulary skills to ESL students.
- Effective Cross-Cultural Relations - International Trends in ESL Teaching - Long Term Unit Planning - Sample Grammar Lessons - Teaching English Grammar - Teaching Reading - Teaching Speaking and Listening - Teaching Vocabulary Techniques
Day 4: The fourth day covers intelligence and learning theories as well as continuing with the specific ESL skills taught on Day 3. Concepts incude:
- Conflict Resolution Techniques - Multiple Intelligence Theory - Organizing the Teaching Workload - Teaching Idioms, Expressions, Phrasal Verbs, and Slang - Teaching in a Multicultural Setting - Teaching Pronunciation - Teaching Writing
Day 5: The fifth day of the course delves into the process of finding an ESL teaching position abroad. Concepts incude:
- Finding ESL Teaching Jobs - Job Interviews for Teaching Positions - Lesson Coordination When Team Teaching - Pre-Departure Planning, Culture Shock, and Adaptation - Testing and Evaluating ESL Students - Writing Resumes and Cover Letters
Day 6: The sixth and final day of the course allows you to put what you have learned into practice. Each student must create and deliver an effective and engaging ESL lesson to complete the course. Concepts incude:
- Awarding of TESOL/TESL/TEFL Certificates - Effective Use of ESL Teaching Resources and Activities - Finding and Using ESL Teaching Resources - Instructor Feedback and Peer Evaluations - Teaching Practicums - The Globalization of the Job Market - Wrap-up/Important Questions
40-Hour Online Component: The online component builds upon the practice and theories developed during the in-class portion of the course. Concepts incude:
- Analysis of ESL Case Studies - Applying Communicative Teaching Theory - Common Grammatical Errors and Misconceptions - Completion of a 100-Question Online Assignment - Comprehending Grammatical Structures - Creating Engaging and Educational Lesson Activities - Creative Grammar Activities to Stimulate Communication - Critical Evaluation of Grammar Lessons and Materials - Fundamentals of Language Acquisition - Practicing Lesson and Unit Planning - Reviewing and Applying ESL Theories and Concepts - Teaching Adverbs, Quantifiers, Gerunds, and Infinitives - Teaching the Twelve Verb Tenses of English - The Role of the Teacher
For further information on our TEFL certification programs, please contact us quickly via our Contact Page.
you searching for TEFL / TESOL certification in NYC? Located only steps away from Times Square in Midtown Manhattan, International TEFL Training Institute (ITTI) provides a range of internationally-recognized and accredited TESOL certification programs with a range of study options - onsite, online, or combined.
Designed for both native and non-native English speakers, our comprehensive TESOL courses prepare you for a rewarding career as an English language teacher in the United States or abroad.
Online specialization courses are also available in teaching business, young learners and TOEFL preparation.
With training professionals who possess an MA in TESOL and years of extensive teaching experience, you can be certain to acquire the knowledge and the skills you need to successfully enter the world of teaching English.
Our graduates are employed by the best schools in over 50 countries promoting the study of English.
Whether you would like to teach business professionals, young learners or prepare individuals to pass the TOEFL test, our specialization programs can help you achieve your goals and land the job you desire.
Over the years, we have successfully established a network of recruiters and schools that enables us to effectively support the employment needs of our graduates for life.
Student Testimonial: "I took the four-week, intensive 120-hour program in New York...It is a demanding course, but it is really worth it."
• The International TEFL Institute (ITEFLI) provides internationally-accredited and globally-recognized certificate and master diploma programs in Teaching English Language as a Foreign Language (TEFL).
• Taught via online learning, our TEFL (TESOL) programs are available to students in the U.S., Canada and worldwide.
• We equip you with the teaching skills and certification required to get a professional well-paid job teaching English anywhere in the world.
• A TEFL qualification from ITEFLI will help you find TEFL jobs throughout the world. Our online TEFL certification programs are provided through up-to-date, technologically-advanced interactive training media which enhance and promote the learning experience.
• The main advantages of completing an online TEFL course are convenience and flexibility. You can study from any location you choose and you can start the program whenever you want.
• Learn at your own pace with up to 6 months to complete a course. You don't have to take any exams - qualification is earned through assignments you submit.
• ITEFLI is accredited by the International TEFL Accreditation Council (ITEFLAC) - an independent body that specialises in the accreditation of TEFL/TESOL course providers and institutions.
Student Review: "The course itself is professionally produced and contains great information...thank you very much for the wonderful time I had. I'm equally impressed with the professional materials. I highly recommend this course to anyone."
Conveniently located in the heart of the historic city of Scottsdale AZ (close to Phoenix), The TEFL Academy of Arizona offers a 120-hour TEFL / TESOL certificate course to students who want to teach English to adult learners in ESL classrooms around the world.
This intensive course provides practical and hands-on teacher training and will give our trainees the skills and confidence they will need to plan a lesson and successfully teach English.
Our instructors are TEFL certified and the highest level of international TESOL / TEFL / ESL training standards are met or exceeded. The certificate program is available as a full-time 4-week course or a part-time course held on 12 Saturdays. No previous teaching experience is required to participate on this course.
Our school is situated in Scottsdale's vibrant entertainment district close to restaurants, shops and boutiques, art galleries, cultural venues, hotels, and lots of outdoor activities.
With beautiful sunny skies all year round, TEFL trainees from out of town can enjoy the wonderful weather and tourist attractions, such as the Grand Canyon, when they are not in class.
Get certified from home to teach English abroad. TEFLOnline is convenient and affordable, and earns you an internationally recognized teaching certificate. Our interactive, self-paced, easy-to-follow program offered online by Bridge-Linguatec, the largest provider of TEFL courses in the US, allows you to train at your own pace from anywhere in the world. The courses take approximately 40 to 120 hours to finish and are typically completed over the course of six to eight weeks. Modules include study material, video tutorials, review quizzes, and written assignments—and courses comprised of 60 hours or more include guidance from your own personal tutor.
The 120-hour comprehensive course features personal feedback from experienced tutors, self-check quizzes, video tutorials, and Business English and Young Learners endorsements. Also included is Grammar Advisor, an essential language awareness course and teacher resource, and TEFL Videos, a library of over 100 how-to videos for teaching English as a foreign language. Bridge-Linguatec is a fully accredited institution (by ACCET) with over 20 years of experience training students and teachers. Ask about our job placement service as well!
The courses take between 40 - 120 hours to complete, but can be done at your own pace and on your own time
* Specialization in Business English and Young Learners with endorsements
* Study material
* Feedback from tutors
* Written assignments
* Video tutorials
* TEFL Video
* Grammar Advisor
* Self-check quizzes
* Library of over 100 how-to videos for teaching English as a foreign language
Working in partnership with Seattle Pacific University, The School of Teaching ESL (S-TESL) offers an accredited TESOL Certificate via online classes to students in the Houston TX area, throughout Texas, and nationwide.
Our online TESOL classes are asynchronous and consist of 9 modules completed over a 10 week quarter, and are designed for those who prefer the flexibility of online study.
This solid project-based program taught by highly-qualified professional teacher educators prepares you to teach in the U.S. or overseas.
Classes begin winter, spring, summer and fall quarters. Onsite study options are also available.
Student Testimonial: "This is a seasoned, well-thought out program that is taught by extremely knowledgeable and experienced instructors. I was not a teacher before the course but now I am."
Accredited Online TESOL Certificate Program (120+ hours)
Courses include: - Approaches and Methods in ELT
- Assessment of English Language Students
- Classroom Issues and Management
- Content-based English Language Teaching
- Foundations of English Language Teaching (ELT)
- Grammar in ELT
- Reading and Writing
- Teaching Young Learners
- Teaching English for Specific Purposes
- Technology in English Language Teaching..
• International Language Institute (ILI) offers an 8-week TESOL / TEFL certificate program at our school in Washington DC.
• This comprehensive ESL teacher training course has a practical focus and will equip you with the skills you will need to teach English as a Second Language in the United States or abroad.
• The course is offered every 8 weeks, year round. In addition to our TEFL / TESOL certification course, we offer a range of English courses to students from around the world.
• Our 120-hour TESOL / TEFL certification course centers on practice in teaching the four basic language skills of speaking, listening, reading and writing, as well as the sub-skills of pronunciation, vocabulary and grammar.
• Course components include lesson planning, observation of peers and practicing teachers, practice teaching in individual and group settings, maintaining teaching records, critical self-observation and compiling of a portfolio of teaching materials, and career planning and management.