StudyCELTA: CELTA Courses Sydney:
StudyCELTA offers both TESOL and CELTA English teacher training courses in Central Sydney in one of the country's most highly regarded institutions. The school is located in a modern facility close to Town Hall train station and the elaborate Queen Victoria Building, just moments from Sydney's most famous landmarks. The high calibre of our trainers, facilities and resources is assured through independent TESOL accreditation and auditing by the University of Cambridge, NEAS, ASQA and J-Shine (Japan). We look forward to greeting you to our TESOL course!
Email: Contact us below
Certificate IV in TESOL Course in Sydney:
Full time, intensive study - 8-week course, 35 hours a week.
The nationally-accredited Certificate IV TESOL course provides a qualification for teaching English in Australia and overseas. This TEFL / TESOL course focuses on teaching English to adults, and provides an intensive introduction to English language teaching principles, approaches and methodology.
Some of the study is classroom-based, and some is independent study. You will have an additional 2 + hours per day of homework (reading, lesson preparation, assignments) and you should also be prepared to study at weekends.
• The nationally recognised 40649SA Certificate IV in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) that you receive on successful completion of the Cert IV TESOL course is accredited under the Australian Qualifications Training Framework (AQTF).
• The Training Center in Sydney is a registered training organisation in Australia (RTO). RTO qualifications are recognised throughout Australia and increasingly in other countries.
• Adult learners – Motivation and learning styles
• Classroom management techniques
• Design of courses in the VET sector
• Language analysis and awareness – Basic concepts and terminology used by English teachers, introduction to sounds of English and how to teach pronunciation
• Practical approaches for teaching language – grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation
• Practical approaches for teaching language skills – listening, reading speaking and writing
• Principles of lesson planning
• Teaching materials and resources
Activities: Certificate IV in TESOL:
• Teaching practice (6 assessed hours): A valuable opportunity to practice the skills you learn on the course.
• Supervised lesson planning: Experienced tutors guide you in designing your own lesson plans, and introduce you to a range of teaching resources
• Feedback and counselling: Detailed, personalised feedback from your tutor for all your lessons, as well as regular progress reports & individual counselling. You also have the opportunity to discuss your lesson with the other course participants.
A typical Day: Certificate IV in TESOL:
• Morning: 2 hours class
• Afternoon: Supervised self access teaching preparation + 2 hours class/observation/observed lesson
• Evening: Assignments
Entry Criteria for the Cert IV TESOL:
• No teaching experience is required
• Minimum IELTS 5.5 - with language support.