How to become an ESL / ESOL teacher in Australia: TEFL courses online, TEFL courses in Sydney, NSW, Melbourne, Victoria, Brisbane, Queensland, Perth WA. CELTA training, TESOL certificate & diploma programmes to teach English as a foreign language in Australia & overseas.
Based in Australia, International Career Institute (ICI) offers distance learning TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) certificate courses for students from Australia, New Zealand and around the world.
Our online TESOL certification courses are offered at certificate level (24 weeks). They will quickly and conveniently provide you with the skills you need to be a successful English as a second language (ESL) teacher in your home country or overseas.
Our distance education TESOL courses allow you to study at your own pace with no assignment deadlines.
This means that you determine the pace of the course and can complete the course within the time frame that best suits your schedule. The maximum time given to complete a program is three years.
ICI online TESOL courses are recognised and accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC) and the International Accreditation and Recognition Council (IARC).
ICI is a member of the College of Teachers which is the UK's professional educational institute for teachers. Graduates of ICI's TESOL courses will be eligible to gain membership of the College of Teachers.
Subjects covered include:
- Teaching methods
- Classroom management
- Planning lessons
- English systems, skills and spelling
- Receptive skills, listening and reading
- Productive skills, speaking and writing
- Teaching vocabulary, meaning and context
- Teaching grammar
- Visual aids, activities and games
- Phonology of English, teaching pronunciation and the phonemic script
- Testing for the EFL - ESL student
- Culture and the EFL - ESL classroom
- Professional development and employment
Get certified to teach English as a Second Language (ESL) in your home country or abroad!
Successfully completing an accredited online TEFL / TESOL course with TEFL Training College will earn you an internationally-recognized qualification that will allow you to teach English to adults and young learners.
A global leader in online TEFL / TESOL education, our courses are available to students in Australia, New Zealand, UK, USA, Canada and worldwide.
Our online TEFL / TESOL certification courses are very affordable and can be tailored to your needs. You do not need to wait for any specific start dates, you can start studying on the day you enrol! There will be regular assignments but no formal examinations.
You will be exposed to the latest industry course reading materials, video clips, audio - tutorials and web-based texts. You will also be assigned a tutor for the duration of your studies who will be available to assist you with your studies and guide you every step of the way.
Student Testimonials: "My studies with the TEFL Training College forced me to think about the details of actually teaching a class, and gave me the heads up on common teaching mistakes. Overall I am glad I did this program, I definitely think it will end up being beneficial."
- Graham, Australia
"Thank you very much for a great course. I found the course structure very well-planned. I also found the multiple resources gave a thorough overview of each topic." - Gavin, South Africa
• Do you want to start an exciting new career teaching English abroad? Would you like to achieve an internationally-accredited TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) qualification that is recognised worldwide from the comfort of your own home?
• The International TEFL Institute (ITEFLI) provides online TEFL (TESOL) certificate and master diploma courses to students in Australia, New Zealand and worldwide. Our online courses allow you to learn at your own pace with up to 6 months to complete a course.
• Each course includes a module aimed at teaching Young Learners, Adults, Business English, and a module on improving your Grammar Awareness.
• ITEFLI is accredited by the International TEFL Accreditation Council (ITEFLAC) - an independent body that specialises in the accreditation of TEFL/TESOL course providers and institutions.
• There are thousands of TEFL jobs abroad for certified TEFL teachers. A TEFL qualification from ITEFLI will help you find TEFL jobs throughout the world, from Spain to South Korea, Thailand to Turkey.
• We provide you with the teacher training and certification required in order to get a professional well-paid job. We provide you with career advice, as well as free access to our TEFL library, TEFL videos & job board.
Student Review: "I had a great experience with the International TEFL Institute. This is attributed to their efficient employees and most importantly the quality and affordable standard of English education that I was provided." - Lola
• Online TEFL Certificate (120 hrs)
Initial qualification for those wishing to start a career as an English teacher.
• Online TEFL Master Diploma Course (250 hrs)
Increase your understanding of the principles & practice of English teaching. Ideal for those who wish to extend their professional experience and accept new responsibilities.
• Short Certificate Course
Teaching Practice Certificate (20 hours)
• StudyCELTA offers University of Cambridge teacher training courses globally including CELTA courses in Sydney, NSW.
• Our partner training centre in central Sydney also offers Cert IV in TESOL courses, and trainees can also pay additionally to con-validate their CELTA qualification to a Cert IV.
• StudyCELTA is a dynamic team of experts working in the field of English language teaching since 1999. Our experience ranges from working as language teachers to management roles in language schools in Australasia and Europe.
• We are here to assist you and give you advice based on personal knowledge of English language teaching as a career and of this exciting city.
• The English teacher training centre in Sydney is one of the country's most highly regarded institutions, and is located near Town Hall train station, and the elaborate Queen Victoria Building, just moments from Sydney's most famous landmarks.
• Accommodation can be arranged by the teacher training centre for trainees from outside Sydney.
Student Review: "The CELTA course helped me focus on student-centred learning; I became more effective in the classroom. I enjoyed the practical aspect of the CELTA course – we started teaching almost immediately!
The teaching standard was excellent. We got lots of feedback and advice from our experienced CELTA tutors, they were very friendly and professional.
Overall, the CELTA course was enjoyable, challenging and absolutely essential for getting ESL work here and overseas." - Virginia
RMIT English Worldwide (REW) in Melbourne, Victoria in south-east Australia offers the Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA). The CELTA is widely-recognised as a pre-service qualification for teachers of English in Australia and overseas. It is administered by the University of Cambridge and delivered world-wide. The course is run full-time and part-time, however, the full-time course is very intensive and students should carefully consider their availability prior to enrolling. We also provide refresher TEFL courses and English grammar courses for teachers.
The primary aim of the course is to develop communicative teaching and classroom management skills for people with little or no previous experience of English language teaching. The course also aims to develop candidates' language awareness and to familiarise them with approaches and materials for developing proficiency in adult learners of English.
Please note CELTA at RMIT English Worldwide is extremely popular. To avoid disappointment we recommend that applications reach us no later than 6 weeks prior to the commencement of the course.
Learn how to teach English at the University of New South Wales (UNSW) – Australia's leading international university, ranked among the top 50 universities in the world. We provide a comprehensive Certificate in Teaching English To Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), with full and part-time study options. The UNSW Institute of Languages offers a variety of English language teaching courses ranging from initial pre-service qualifications to professional development courses from our campus in Randwick, southern Sydney.
Our TESOL course graduates have been successful in gaining teaching positions in public and private sector educational institutions in Australia and overseas. Our courses are designed to provide qualifying trainees with the essential experience and skills that are required to teach English successfully to international students.
While most courses focus on adult teaching, many of the practical and theoretical considerations are highly relevant to secondary and primary classrooms and the courses provide valuable in-service opportunities to professionals working in these fields.
StudyCELTA offers the internationally-recognised CELTA teacher training courses in Brisbane, Australia.
This University of Cambridge qualification is the most widely recognised for English language teaching and our courses will qualify and prepare you to teach overseas and in Australia.
Brisbane is the capital of the state of Queensland in North-Eastern Australia. It is just 1 hour from Sydney and 1.5 hours from Melbourne by air. Our campus is conveniently located in Brisbane city centre.
Brisbane International Airport is located north-east of the city centre and provides domestic and international passenger services.
The CELTA course provides initial training for English language teachers. It is intended for those without previous experience who wish to enter the profession and for teachers with no previous training in this field.
Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults:
Cambridge ESOL CELTA Certificate courses offered all year round on a full time intensive 4 week basis plus an extended part-time option and an online-blended option.
Located in the heart of Sydney, just minutes from the famous Harbour Bridge, International House Sydney provides a range of TEFL / TESOL courses which will help you to qualify for English teaching positions in Australia and around the world.
We offer a range of internationally-recognized English teacher programs including the Cambridge CELTA and DELTA as well as the Cert IV in TESOL. We also provide online TESOL courses for students who cannot make it to our Downtown Sydney campus.
The high calibre of our trainers, services, facilities and resources is assured through independent TESOL accreditation and auditing by the University of Cambridge, NEAS, and ASQA.
Australasian Training Academy (ATA) is here to equip you with the skills necessary to teach English overseas. We provide a range of internationally and nationally-recognized TESOL English teacher training Certificate and Diploma programs. Our courses are offered in all major Australian cities prepare you for travelling overseas and teaching english to speakers of other languages, TESOL. With these valuable skills you can experience travel like you have never experienced before.
Imagine living abroad for 3 months, 6 months or even a year... Imagine making a life travelling abroad. A career skipping from country to country. The experiences you will have will be invaluable. You don't have to be a teacher with years of experience. You just need to be an open minded person willing to experience new culture and pass on the English language to those who are so eager to learn it.
We run TESOL courses in Adelaide, Brisbane, Cairns, Canberra, Gold Coast - Robina, Hervey Bay, Hobart, Launceston, Northern NSW - Byron Bay, Central NSW - Coffs Harbour, Melbourne, Perth, Rockhampton, Sydney, Sunshine Coast Maroochydore, Toowoomba, Townsville.
Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Courses:
Internationally-Recognized TESOL Courses:
- ATA Advanced TESOL Certificate (120 Hours)
- ATA Professional TESOL Certificate (240 Hours)
- ATA Advanced TESOL Diploma (360 Hours)
- ATA Professional TESOL Diploma (600 Hours)
- ATA Ultimate TESOL Internship Program (1020 Hours)
Nationally-Recognized TESOL Programs:
- Certificate IV in TESOL (580-hours / 29 weeks)
- Diploma IV in TESOL (930 hours / 46 weeks)
Curtin English is part of Curtin University in Perth, Western Australia, and provides quality English language tuition and teacher training to overseas students preparing to enter undergraduate and post graduate courses at Curtin University.
We are also an authorised Cambridge ESOL centre, offering CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) courses. CELTA is for candidates who have little or no English language teaching experience. It may also be suitable for those with some experience but with little training.
Well-established internationally, internally assessed and externally moderated, it is intensive and practical. Traditionally we have offered two full-time courses a year during the university breaks. From 2013, we are introducing part-time CELTA courses.