How to become an ESL / ESOL teacher in Australia: TEFL courses online, TEFL courses in Sydney, NSW, Melbourne, Victoria, Brisbane, Queensland, Perth WA. CELTA training, TESOL certificate & diploma programmes to teach English as a foreign language in Australia & overseas.
• International Career Institute (ICI) is a leading, accredited distance learning school for students in Australia & globally that offers an online TESOL (ICI Diploma) qualification course as well as courses in a wide range of other subjects and professions.
• Our online TEFL / TESOL English teacher training course will quickly provide you with the key skills you need to be a successful ESL teacher around the world.
• ICI home study students come from Australia, NZ, the Philippines, India, the UK, USA, Africa and elsewhere around the globe. We have weekly intake dates, and you can enroll whenever you are ready.
• ICI online TESOL courses are recognised & accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC), and the International Accreditation and Recognition Council (IARC).
• ICI is a member of the College of Teachers which is the UK's professional educational institute for teachers.
Further Professional / Career Development Training Online
• ICI offers home study courses in 34 foreign languages at various levels including: Mandarin Chinese, Spanish, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Arabic, Japanese, and more.
• Also ICI Diploma & ICI Advanced Diploma qualifications in a wide range of careers: Hospitality, catering, business management, office admin, PR, marketing, sales, HR, IT / web design, journalism, counselling & psychology, natural health / nutrition, fashion design, beauty therapy, makeup, pet care, & more.
Material covered includes:
- Teaching methods
- Classroom management
- Planning lessons
- English systems, skills and spelling
- Receptive skills, listening and reading
- Productive skills, speaking and writing
- Teaching vocabulary, meaning and context
- Teaching grammar
- Visual aids, activities and games
- Phonology of English, teaching pronunciation and the phonemic script
- Testing for the EFL - ESL student
- Culture and the EFL - ESL classroom
- Professional development and employment
Get certified to teach English as a Second Language (ESL) in your home country or abroad!
Successfully completing an accredited online TEFL / TESOL course with TEFL Training College will earn you an internationally-recognized qualification that will allow you to teach English to adults and young learners.
A global leader in online TEFL / TESOL education, our courses are available to students in Australia, New Zealand, UK, USA, Canada and worldwide.
Our online TEFL / TESOL certification courses are very affordable and can be tailored to your needs. You do not need to wait for any specific start dates, you can start studying on the day you enrol! There will be regular assignments but no formal examinations.
You will be exposed to the latest industry course reading materials, video clips, audio - tutorials and web-based texts. You will also be assigned a tutor for the duration of your studies who will be available to assist you with your studies and guide you every step of the way.
Student Testimonials: "My studies with the TEFL Training College forced me to think about the details of actually teaching a class, and gave me the heads up on common teaching mistakes. Overall I am glad I did this program, I definitely think it will end up being beneficial."
- Graham, Australia
"Thank you very much for a great course. I found the course structure very well-planned. I also found the multiple resources gave a thorough overview of each topic." - Gavin, South Africa
• Do you want to start an exciting new career teaching English abroad? Would you like to achieve an internationally-accredited TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) qualification that is recognised worldwide from the comfort of your own home?
• The International TEFL Institute (ITEFLI) provides online TEFL (TESOL) certificate and master diploma courses to students in Australia, New Zealand and worldwide. Our online courses allow you to learn at your own pace with up to 6 months to complete a course.
• Each course includes a module aimed at teaching Young Learners, Adults, Business English, and a module on improving your Grammar Awareness.
• ITEFLI is accredited by the International TEFL Accreditation Council (ITEFLAC) - an independent body that specialises in the accreditation of TEFL/TESOL course providers and institutions.
• There are thousands of TEFL jobs abroad for certified TEFL teachers. A TEFL qualification from ITEFLI will help you find TEFL jobs throughout the world, from Spain to South Korea, Thailand to Turkey.
• We provide you with the teacher training and certification required in order to get a professional well-paid job. We provide you with career advice, as well as free access to our TEFL library, TEFL videos & job board.
Student Review: "I had a great experience with the International TEFL Institute. This is attributed to their efficient employees and most importantly the quality and affordable standard of English education that I was provided." - Lola
• Online TEFL Certificate (120 hrs)
Initial qualification for those wishing to start a career as an English teacher.
• Online TEFL Master Diploma Course (250 hrs)
Increase your understanding of the principles & practice of English teaching. Ideal for those who wish to extend their professional experience and accept new responsibilities.
• Short Certificate Course
Teaching Practice Certificate (20 hours)
• StudyCELTA offers University of Cambridge teacher training courses globally including CELTA courses in Sydney, NSW.
• Our partner training centre in central Sydney also offers Cert IV in TESOL courses, and trainees can also pay additionally to con-validate their CELTA qualification to a Cert IV.
• StudyCELTA is a dynamic team of experts working in the field of English language teaching since 1999. Our experience ranges from working as language teachers to management roles in language schools in Australasia and Europe.
• We are here to assist you and give you advice based on personal knowledge of English language teaching as a career and of this exciting city.
• The English teacher training centre in Sydney is one of the country's most highly regarded institutions, and is located near Town Hall train station, and the elaborate Queen Victoria Building, just moments from Sydney's most famous landmarks.
• Accommodation can be arranged by the teacher training centre for trainees from outside Sydney.
Student Review: "The CELTA course helped me focus on student-centred learning; I became more effective in the classroom. I enjoyed the practical aspect of the CELTA course – we started teaching almost immediately!
The teaching standard was excellent. We got lots of feedback and advice from our experienced CELTA tutors, they were very friendly and professional.
Overall, the CELTA course was enjoyable, challenging and absolutely essential for getting ESL work here and overseas." - Virginia
• EBC would like to invite Australians to consider Madrid and Spain as a quality TEFL course + work destination in Europe. Madrid is a TEFL hotspot year-round with a vibrant nightlife and cultural immersion experience, and EBC Madrid offers an accredited TEFL course with job placement program for our graduates! Contact us today for details of our next course dates.
• EBC Madrid is an accredited centre of Trinity College, and a leading provider of internationally-recognised TEFL courses and job placement opportunities for career-change seekers and global travelers.
• EBC offers a British Council-accepted Trinity CertTESOL certificate course in Madrid, the ability to earn up to 60 university credits, and the key resource of free worldwide, lifetime job placement for our TEFL graduates.
• The Trinity CertTESOL qualification is preferred by many renowned language schools worldwide, and over the last 16 years, EBC has been instrumental in helping more than 8000+ TEFL graduates finance their travels and realise their dreams of living and working outside of their home countries.
• If you are a citizen of the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa, EBC Madrid provides our comprehensive Road2Spain program which offers you a 1 year student visa to work, live and travel throughout Spain and Europe.
• EBC also runs accredited TEFL courses in Crete (Greece), Buenos Aires, (Argentina) and Boracay (Philippines).
Intensive 4-week accredited TEFL / TESOL teacher certificate course:
• Comprises 150 hours including 24 hours of teaching practice.
• Written to UK QCF level 5 standards.
With Study Package options:
• Bronze, Silver, Gold and Road2Spain (Road2Spain is an ideal option, for example, for citizens of the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa who want a seamless stay in Spain with accommodation and study visa included).
i-to-i have been running weekend TEFL courses for over ten years in Sydney and other locations throughout Australia. The 20-hour TEFL course covers the grammatical concepts needed in the classroom and offers hands-on learning to teaching in the foreign classroom. Courses and course provider accredited by the ODLQC.
StudyCELTA offers the internationally-recognised CELTA teacher training courses in Brisbane, Australia.
This University of Cambridge qualification is the most widely recognised for English language teaching and our courses will qualify and prepare you to teach overseas and in Australia.
Brisbane is the capital of the state of Queensland in North-Eastern Australia. It is just 1 hour from Sydney and 1.5 hours from Melbourne by air. Our campus is conveniently located in Brisbane city centre.
Brisbane International Airport is located north-east of the city centre and provides domestic and international passenger services.
The CELTA course provides initial training for English language teachers. It is intended for those without previous experience who wish to enter the profession and for teachers with no previous training in this field.
Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults:
Cambridge ESOL CELTA Certificate courses offered all year round on a full time intensive 4 week basis plus an extended part-time option and an online-blended option.
RMIT English Worldwide (REW) in Melbourne, Victoria in south-east Australia offers the Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA). The CELTA is widely-recognised as a pre-service qualification for teachers of English in Australia and overseas. It is administered by the University of Cambridge and delivered world-wide. The course is run full-time and part-time, however, the full-time course is very intensive and students should carefully consider their availability prior to enrolling. We also provide refresher TEFL courses and English grammar courses for teachers.
The primary aim of the course is to develop communicative teaching and classroom management skills for people with little or no previous experience of English language teaching. The course also aims to develop candidates' language awareness and to familiarise them with approaches and materials for developing proficiency in adult learners of English.
Please note CELTA at RMIT English Worldwide is extremely popular. To avoid disappointment we recommend that applications reach us no later than 6 weeks prior to the commencement of the course.
Curtin English is part of Curtin University in Perth, Western Australia, and provides quality English language tuition and teacher training to overseas students preparing to enter undergraduate and post graduate courses at Curtin University.
We are also an authorised Cambridge ESOL centre, offering CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) courses. CELTA is for candidates who have little or no English language teaching experience. It may also be suitable for those with some experience but with little training.
Well-established internationally, internally assessed and externally moderated, it is intensive and practical. Traditionally we have offered two full-time courses a year during the university breaks. From 2013, we are introducing part-time CELTA courses.