How to become an ESL / ESOL teacher in Australia: TEFL courses online, TEFL courses in Sydney, NSW, Melbourne, Victoria, Brisbane, Queensland, Perth WA. CELTA training, TESOL certificate & diploma programmes to teach English as a foreign language in Australia & overseas.
International Career Institute (ICI) offers distance learning TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) certificate courses for students from Australia, New Zealand, Asia, the UK and around the world.
Our online TESOL certification courses are offered at certificate level (24 weeks). They will quickly and conveniently provide you with the skills you need to be a successful English as a second language (ESL) teacher in your home country or overseas.
Our distance education TESOL courses allow you to study at your own pace with no assignment deadlines.
This means that you determine the pace of the course and can complete the course within the time frame that best suits your schedule. The maximum time given to complete a program is three years.
ICI online TESOL courses are recognised and accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC) and the International Accreditation and Recognition Council (IARC).
ICI is a member of the College of Teachers which is the UK's professional educational institute for teachers. Graduates of ICI's TESOL courses will be eligible to gain membership of the College of Teachers.
Subjects covered include:
- Teaching methods
- Classroom management
- Planning lessons
- English systems, skills and spelling
- Receptive skills, listening and reading
- Productive skills, speaking and writing
- Teaching vocabulary, meaning and context
- Teaching grammar
- Visual aids, activities and games
- Phonology of English, teaching pronunciation and the phonemic script
- Testing for the EFL - ESL student
- Culture and the EFL - ESL classroom
- Professional development and employment
Get certified to teach English as a Second Language (ESL) in your home country or abroad!
Successfully completing an accredited online TEFL / TESOL course with TEFL Training College will earn you an internationally-recognized qualification that will allow you to teach English to adults and young learners.
A global leader in online TEFL / TESOL education, our courses are available to students in Australia, New Zealand, UK, USA, Canada and worldwide.
Our online TEFL / TESOL certification courses are very affordable and can be tailored to your needs. You do not need to wait for any specific start dates, you can start studying on the day you enrol! There will be regular assignments but no formal examinations.
You will be exposed to the latest industry course reading materials, video clips, audio - tutorials and web-based texts. You will also be assigned a tutor for the duration of your studies who will be available to assist you with your studies and guide you every step of the way.
Student Testimonials: "My studies with the TEFL Training College forced me to think about the details of actually teaching a class, and gave me the heads up on common teaching mistakes. Overall I am glad I did this program, I definitely think it will end up being beneficial."
- Graham, Australia
"Thank you very much for a great course. I found the course structure very well-planned. I also found the multiple resources gave a thorough overview of each topic." - Gavin, South Africa
• Do you want to start an exciting new career teaching English abroad? Would you like to achieve an internationally-accredited TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) qualification that is recognised worldwide from the comfort of your own home?
• The International TEFL Institute (ITEFLI) provides online TEFL (TESOL) certificate and master diploma courses to students in Australia, New Zealand and worldwide. Our online courses allow you to learn at your own pace with up to 6 months to complete a course.
• Each course includes a module aimed at teaching Young Learners, Adults, Business English, and a module on improving your Grammar Awareness.
• ITEFLI is accredited by the International TEFL Accreditation Council (ITEFLAC) - an independent body that specialises in the accreditation of TEFL/TESOL course providers and institutions.
• There are thousands of TEFL jobs abroad for certified TEFL teachers. A TEFL qualification from ITEFLI will help you find TEFL jobs throughout the world, from Spain to South Korea, Thailand to Turkey.
• We provide you with the teacher training and certification required in order to get a professional well-paid job. We provide you with career advice, as well as free access to our TEFL library, TEFL videos & job board.
Student Review: "I had a great experience with the International TEFL Institute. This is attributed to their efficient employees and most importantly the quality and affordable standard of English education that I was provided." - Lola
• Online TEFL Certificate (120 hrs)
Initial qualification for those wishing to start a career as an English teacher.
• Online TEFL Master Diploma Course (250 hrs)
Increase your understanding of the principles & practice of English teaching. Ideal for those who wish to extend their professional experience and accept new responsibilities.
• Short Certificate Course
Teaching Practice Certificate (20 hours)
• StudyCELTA offers University of Cambridge teacher training courses globally including CELTA courses in Sydney, NSW.
• Our partner training centre in central Sydney also offers Cert IV in TESOL courses, and trainees can also pay additionally to con-validate their CELTA qualification to a Cert IV.
• StudyCELTA is a dynamic team of experts working in the field of English language teaching since 1999. Our experience ranges from working as language teachers to management roles in language schools in Australasia and Europe.
• We are here to assist you and give you advice based on personal knowledge of English language teaching as a career and of this exciting city.
• The English teacher training centre in Sydney is one of the country's most highly regarded institutions, and is located near Town Hall train station, and the elaborate Queen Victoria Building, just moments from Sydney's most famous landmarks.
• Accommodation can be arranged by the teacher training centre for trainees from outside Sydney.
Student Review: "The CELTA course helped me focus on student-centred learning; I became more effective in the classroom. I enjoyed the practical aspect of the CELTA course – we started teaching almost immediately!
The teaching standard was excellent. We got lots of feedback and advice from our experienced CELTA tutors, they were very friendly and professional.
Overall, the CELTA course was enjoyable, challenging and absolutely essential for getting ESL work here and overseas." - Virginia
• EBC would like to invite Australians to consider Madrid and Spain as a quality TEFL course + work destination in Europe. Madrid is a TEFL hotspot year-round with a vibrant nightlife and cultural immersion experience, and EBC Madrid offers an accredited TEFL course with job placement program for our graduates! Contact us today for details of our next course dates.
• EBC Madrid is an accredited centre of Trinity College, and a leading provider of internationally-recognised TEFL courses and job placement opportunities for career-change seekers and global travelers.
• EBC offers a British Council-accepted Trinity CertTESOL certificate course in Madrid, the ability to earn up to 60 university credits, and the key resource of free worldwide, lifetime job placement for our TEFL graduates.
• The Trinity CertTESOL qualification is preferred by many renowned language schools worldwide, and over the last 16 years, EBC has been instrumental in helping more than 8000+ TEFL graduates finance their travels and realise their dreams of living and working outside of their home countries.
• If you are a citizen of the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa, EBC Madrid provides our comprehensive Road2Spain program which offers you a 1 year student visa to work, live and travel throughout Spain and Europe.
• EBC also runs accredited TEFL courses in Crete (Greece), Buenos Aires, (Argentina) and Boracay (Philippines).
Intensive 4-week accredited TEFL / TESOL teacher certificate course:
• Comprises 150 hours including 24 hours of teaching practice.
• Written to UK QCF level 5 standards.
With Study Package options:
• Bronze, Silver, Gold and Road2Spain (Road2Spain is an ideal option, for example, for citizens of the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa who want a seamless stay in Spain with accommodation and study visa included).
Get certified to teach English as a second or foreign language in Perth, Western Australia! StudyCELTA offers Cambridge University teacher training courses including CELTA certification and Delta course modules.
Established in 1989, The CBD teacher training centre in Perth is also the largest English as a Second Language (ESL) training centre in Western Australia and one of the four largest centres in Australia. It is conveniently located on Vincent Street opposite the Beatty Park Aquatic Centre, only 1.7 kms from the CBD. Free parking is available. Students can choose student residence accommodation or a homestay with Australian host families.
We also offer part-time and full-time CELTA courses at our popular Scarborough location in Perth.
The CELTA teacher teacher training centre in Scarborough, Perth, is located just 20 minutes from the city centre and only a hundred metres from Perth's famous Scarborough Beach. It's surrounded by a huge variety of hip bars, chilled cafés, cool surf shops, and has a classic, laid-back Australian vibe. The centre is smack bang on Scarborough Beach road, opposite a bus stop with routes into the city.
Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults
- Full-time CELTA Certificate course (4 weeks / 120 hours)
- Part-time CELTA Certificate course (10 weeks)
- Online-blended CELTA Certificate course (online study with 2 week in school teaching practice)
- Homestay with local host family or student residence accommodation is available
Australasian Training Academy (ATA) is here to equip you with the skills necessary to teach English overseas. We provide a range of internationally and nationally-recognized TESOL English teacher training Certificate and Diploma programs. Our courses are offered in all major Australian cities prepare you for travelling overseas and teaching english to speakers of other languages, TESOL. With these valuable skills you can experience travel like you have never experienced before.
Imagine living abroad for 3 months, 6 months or even a year... Imagine making a life travelling abroad. A career skipping from country to country. The experiences you will have will be invaluable. You don't have to be a teacher with years of experience. You just need to be an open minded person willing to experience new culture and pass on the English language to those who are so eager to learn it.
We run TESOL courses in Adelaide, Brisbane, Cairns, Canberra, Gold Coast - Robina, Hervey Bay, Hobart, Launceston, Northern NSW - Byron Bay, Central NSW - Coffs Harbour, Melbourne, Perth, Rockhampton, Sydney, Sunshine Coast Maroochydore, Toowoomba, Townsville.
Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Courses:
Internationally-Recognized TESOL Courses:
- ATA Advanced TESOL Certificate (120 Hours)
- ATA Professional TESOL Certificate (240 Hours)
- ATA Advanced TESOL Diploma (360 Hours)
- ATA Professional TESOL Diploma (600 Hours)
- ATA Ultimate TESOL Internship Program (1020 Hours)
Nationally-Recognized TESOL Programs:
- Certificate IV in TESOL (580-hours / 29 weeks)
- Diploma IV in TESOL (930 hours / 46 weeks)
Located in the heart of Sydney, just minutes from the famous Harbour Bridge, International House Sydney provides a range of TEFL / TESOL courses which will help you to qualify for English teaching positions in Australia and around the world.
We offer a range of internationally-recognized English teacher programs including the Cambridge CELTA and DELTA as well as the Cert IV in TESOL. We also provide online TESOL courses for students who cannot make it to our Downtown Sydney campus.
The high calibre of our trainers, services, facilities and resources is assured through independent TESOL accreditation and auditing by the University of Cambridge, NEAS, and ASQA.
i-to-i have been running weekend TEFL courses for over ten years in Sydney and other locations throughout Australia. The 20-hour TEFL course covers the grammatical concepts needed in the classroom and offers hands-on learning to teaching in the foreign classroom. Courses and course provider accredited by the ODLQC.