St Brelade's College, Jersey:
Established in 1978, St Brelade’s College is a reputed English language school located on the British island of Jersey in the Channel Islands, approximately 20 miles off the French coast and 80 miles south of England. We are accredited by the British Council, and are a member of English UK, along with being a validated course provider of the Trinity College London Cert. TESOL.
• St. Brelade’s College was established in 1978 to provide English language courses throughout the year for students from all parts of the world.
• In 1989, we ran our first four-week Cert. TESOL training course and have continued to the present day.
• Our courses are intensive and practical, with the emphasis on hands-on teaching experience, together with tutorials on modern techniques and methodology which can be put into practice in the classroom.
Internationally-Recognised Teaching Certificate:
Duration: 4 weeks
• St. Brelade’s College prepares trainees for the Trinity College London Cert. TESOL. This is one of the two most widely recognised teaching qualifications (accepted by the British Council and most language schools), the other being that of the Cambridge Board (CELTA).
• Trainees who have mastered the theoretical part of the course will be able to spend more time on the teaching element. The experience of standing in front of a class and being observed demands a great deal of preparation.
• For this reason, we have devised our own distance learning preparatory pack which should enable you to begin your course with confidence and an understanding of phonetics and language awareness.
• "I found the St Brelade's College TESOL course to be truly inspirational. It’s a high octane download of information and skills packed into four grueling weeks. The teachers were excellent and really focused and skilled in relaying their knowledge in a concise and easily digestible way. The experience was enlightening and inspiring, exhausting and fun.
The course really provides a brilliant base from which to grow and develop your teaching skills further. There is a huge amount to take on board so if you are considering the course be prepared to put your life on hold for the duration of your studies and make sure that you do all the reading before the course starts. "
• "I thoroughly enjoyed studying for my TESOL with St Brelade’s College. The course was very intensive and demanding, but the timetable was well-structured and the tutors were great for keeping you on track. Each day was jam-packed with a variety of modules and new challenges.
Looking back, it’s amazing to see how much I accomplished in only 4 weeks! The tutors were fantastic - they really motivated us to work to the best of our abilities and were there for us every step of the way. My confidence in both my abilities as a teacher, and in standing in front of a class, has increased dramatically.
As everyone on the course is in the same boat you really bond with your course mates, and this also gives you encouragement on days when you are feeling tired! After completing the course in March, I was subsequently offered a teaching position at the college for the summer period, along with 4 other of my course mates.
I have been thoroughly impressed with not only the course, but with St Brelade’s College themselves for their assistance, support and advice in what has been a complete change of career for me this past year. I have also met many interesting people and made some great new friends from all around the world. It has really opened doors for me."
• There is no doubt that English Language Teaching is a growth area, which holds out the prospect of interesting employment, especially for the person who is willing to travel.
• The certificate course, which offers a marketable skill at the cost of four weeks intensive study, is becoming increasingly popular.
• However, employers often look for other qualifications as well and a degree or some relevant teaching experience, together with the certificate should make it easier to obtain a TESOL post.
Many of our trainees have been offered summer posts at St. Brelade’s College. We have also helped teachers find employment in many other countries of the world.
By Air - Jersey is served by both international and national airports across the British Isles. From London airports, including Gatwick, London City, Stansted and Southend, there can be many flights a day to the Island, with journey times of less than 1 hour. Jersey is also served by Paris, Zurich, Brussels, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt and Berlin.
By Sea - If you would prefer to bring your car to the Island, fast, daily ferry services leave from the south coast of England. For example, sailing from Weymouth or Poole to Jersey takes less than 4 hours. Students from Europe can also reach Jersey by boat from St Malo in Brittany in northwestern France.
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Mont Les Vaux, St Aubin, Saint Helier, Jersey , UK & England|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.