StudyCELTA: CELTA Courses Toronto:
Rapidly gain a deep insight into the field of English language teaching through a highly-valued and accredited CELTA or DELTA course in Toronto, Ontario, and take your next step in this exciting career choice. StudyCELTA is an energetic and experienced team of professionals working globally in the TEFL field since 1999. We provide quality courses to trainees from across Canada and around the world at two training centres in Toronto. Choose between a full-time or part-time Cambridge CELTA certificate course or a Cambridge DELTA diploma course.
CELTA & DELTA Certification Courses:
In Toronto, we offer the University of Cambridge 120-hour CELTA course in the following study formats:
- Full-time, intensive CELTA Course (4 weeks)
- Part-time CELTA Course (11 weeks)
• The Cambridge University ESOL CELTA Certificate is an introductory TEFL course in teaching English, and is the most widely recognized and respected international certificate in teaching English offered in Canada.
• It is designed for students with little or no previous experience in the field of English Language teaching, or candidates who already have some teaching experience but no formal training, the CELTA certificate is the most widely recognized and respected international certificate in teaching English offered in Canada.
• The CELTA course gives you the essential skills and insight you need to teach English to adults and older teenagers.
• This course will qualify and prepare you to teach English in Canada and overseas, and aims to develop practical ability in classroom management, introduction and practice of new language, lesson planning, and the development of the four language skills - listening, speaking, reading and writing.
• Receive hands-on teaching practice and observation of experienced TEFL teachers, applying your learning in the classroom with English language learners.
The five main topics of the CELTA course are:
1. Learners and teachers, and the teaching and learning context
2. Language analysis and awareness
3. Language skills: reading, listening, speaking and writing
4. Planning and resources for different teaching contexts
5. Developing teaching skills and professionalism
CELTA Course Key Points
• Intensive TEFL course which requires full-time commitment
• Involves a minimum of 120 hours with additional time required for ELT preparation and assignments
• Intended for both native English speakers and non-native speakers of English whose English is of native-speaker level
• Prepares you to teach English in Canada and overseas
• Follows the Cambridge CELTA TEFL syllabus, and provides practical and professional awareness of ESL learners, language, methodology & materials
• Develops practical ability in TEFL classroom management, introduction and practice of new language, lesson planning, and the development of the four language skills - listening, speaking, reading and writing
• This course is also suited to those of you who are already in the TEFL profession but who as yet have no formal teaching qualification
CELTA Course Toronto - Entry Criteria
To be accepted for the CELTA course in Toronto, applicants must fulfil the following criteria:
• A minimum age of 18 at the start of the course
• A good standard of education (e.g. having gained university entrance qualifications, completed high school)
• Awareness and high level of competence in written and spoken English in order to be able to follow the course & prepare for teaching a range of ESL levels
• For non-native speakers, the required command of English is that of Proficiency (CPE), minimum IELTS 7.5, TOEIC 945+ points (close to native speaker competence)
• No previous teaching experience is required
Our centre in Toronto offers the University of Cambridge DELTA Course:
Part-time DELTA Diploma Training:
Take your career to the next level with the Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages. If you already have considerable experience in teaching English as a second language to international students, and are ready to progress in your ESL career, the DELTA diploma-level qualification is an excellent choice of further studies.
Some Reasons to study DELTA:
• Accredited by the University of Cambridge, UK, DELTA is the most recognised and most popular advanced ESL teaching qualification in the world.
• The advanced blend of theory and practice helps you to develop professionally, to deepen your knowledge and understanding of English language teaching, and to show that you have what it takes academically to progress in your current role, or a more senior role within a school or education organization.
• The Delta course helps ESL teachers of experience to progress to other qualifications such as an MA in Linguistics and Language Teaching.
• The DELTA course focuses on methodology, theory and practical English language teaching skills, and on deepening your understanding of the principles of teaching non-native English speaking adults.
• The Delta modules can be taken in stages over a period of time that can fit with career and other commitments.
"The CELTA course here in Toronto was a very challenging, but totally stimulating and interesting experience. The teaching was first rate – they were ultra-conscientious, supportive, energetic, enthusiastic and very encouraging.
The CELTA course really gets you to re-examine any preconceived ideas you have about teaching. I have a whole new respect for teachers now that I realize the amount of work that goes into preparation."
- Lesly, Canada
"I had a great experience with the CELTA. It was challenging but rewarding, and once the end came into sight, it actually became enjoyable, in spite of all of the hard work! I would definitely encourage anyone to take the CELTA. In fact, based on my recommendation, my wife is also pursuing ELT certification and has applied for the session currently scheduled for January 2015. I can’t imagine that any other certification would better prepare a prospective teacher for a life as a language instructor.
Our family has plans to move abroad within the next couple of years; hopefully to Spain. I am currently employed as an Art Director, which is a full time role that doesn’t leave me a lot of spare time. However, I plan to look for local tutoring and supply teaching opportunities in the meantime to practice and hone what I learned during the CELTA."
- Steve, Canada
"The input sessions, which were amazing workshops, gave me insight into the ESL profession. I'd say to anyone planning to take this course to be prepared psychologically and remeber that constructive criticism will help you to develop. My task now is to implement all the tips I have been given."
- Irina, CELTA student from Russia
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.